Lionsteel TM1 (SRX)

Sorry Gianni, is it normal that the CF version has so many dots on the surface?
Are you going to use better CF in production?

That's real carbon fiber, the milling brings out the natural texture. The carbon fiber you see that looks all even and pristine usually is just a laminated layer on top of some other medium.

Gianni,

Thanks for the updates.

Is there anything new coming that's more the size of the SR2?

Thanks for all the info and for the excellent jobs you make in all knives you create and make.

Is there some possibility of future for a TM-2 (mini TM-1)?

Thanks again.

Gotta say I'm very excited for this one. So much focus from manufacturers is towards framelocks, liner locks, and flippers. I'm glad to see some innovation toward my favorite lock, the back lock. The use of micarta and carbon fiber is a nice change from most back locks. Add a deep pocket clip and what appears to be a glass breaker too and this is truly unique. I also like the blade shape and steel choice. A clip point version would be icing on the cake. The only question still in my mind is the size of it. I'm really looking forward to the micarta version. Thank you so much for doing something different!

Beautiful knife! I hadn't seen anything for 2014 that had me really intrigued, until stumbling across this thread. Thanks!

A slightly thinner blade would be great. 4.5 mm is an overkill.
No folder, no matter how overenginnered makes an effective pry bar.

Use a pry bar or a fixed for that. 2.5 mm or 3 mm would make the knife lighter and an awesome slicer. And the blade would still be more stable then the mechanical link to the handle.

Just wondering is there a lefty hand pocket clip option?

Because that would really up my interest level.

Great looking knive, I hope there will be a smaller version of it. Why don't you use Niolox anymore?

On the LionSteel Facebook page there's a nice picture of a solid piece of micarta before and after milling into the the solid one-piece frame of the new TM-1:

1513228_383887255089138_1038064560_n.jpg

On the LionSteel Facebook page there's a nice picture of a solid piece of micarta before and after milling into the the solid one-piece frame of the new TM-1:

1513228_383887255089138_1038064560_n.jpg
to me
that looks like its going to be a lockback

Yes it is.

i'm generally not fond of lockbacks, but this looks too good to pass by.

by the way: are my eyes tricking me, or is it going to be hollow ground?
oh, and the blade shape... perfect from what i have seen. and the edge seems to be really thin (i am an absolute fan of this, i hate sharpened-prybar-like edges); perfect for this design. that is going to be a light saber.
all in all, given my experience with my beloved sr1, this beast competes with knives lika a sebenza insingo. which happened to be on my to buy list. but some knife just kicked it off of it. I'll let you guys guess what monolithic beauty did this :D

now there are 4 open questions to me:
1st: is it hollow ground? (please!)
2nd: what steel is going to be used?
3rd: where do i pre order?
and the last one: when is it going to arrive at my door?

Last edited:
Those new Tungsten Carbide Glass Breaker Clip Screws are compatible with previous LionSteel folders like SR-1, SR-3, PM-1, TiSpine, etc.?

1528742_390045891139941_265671703_n.jpg

Back