M7. New LionSteel fixed blade

I must say.. this is the knife i KNOW i will take with me if i ever should end up on a deserted place and all i could take with me was 1 knife. I have had mine for some time now.. and i have without a doubt used and abused it.. and the more i try.. the better the knife performes. Easyest way to say what i think of this knife is that .....me, my self and I give up way before this knife does.

The only thing i am not to fond of is the fact that the sheath is so tight when putting the knife back in to it.. (Yes i know.. a tiny bit of heat...and some bending.. and it all works like charm... But for crying out loud... I can't just brag over the knife.. It must be a balance.. so when i don't have anything negative to say about one of the best knives i have ever had and have.. well.. then i go deep in and search for flaws.. and i WANT a smooth nice perfect click.. when it goes back..in the sheath.. But now its a tiiiiny bit harder click.. so there... a flaw... The click is to hard.. ) :-D He he he.. Back to being serious.. It is a knife that i am thinking about getting one more of...just so i'll have one more knife in backup.. In case it gets stolen.. and that is the only way i see this knife ever leaving my side.

1 word covers it all in my book. "PERFECT"..

My Busse TGLB and my BK9 has now been retired together with a few others used and abused over the years.

My next blade maybe. A week away from payday. If I still want it by then, this will be my next blade maybe. 😀
Update:
Came payday, and I bought a 7" Hogue Extreme instead. I'm not really impressed with the hogue. i like more height for it's size. A week has passed and now i am torn betwen this and Survive GSO 8 or 10 - whether GSOs are worth the wait or not, i don't know.😳

Last edited:
I must say.. this is the knife i KNOW i will take with me if i ever should end up on a deserted place and all i could take with me was 1 knife. I have had mine for some time now.. and i have without a doubt used and abused it.. and the more i try.. the better the knife performes. Easyest way to say what i think of this knife is that .....me, my self and I give up way before this knife does.

The only thing i am not to fond of is the fact that the sheath is so tight when putting the knife back in to it.. (Yes i know.. a tiny bit of heat...and some bending.. and it all works like charm... But for crying out loud... I can't just brag over the knife.. It must be a balance.. so when i don't have anything negative to say about one of the best knives i have ever had and have.. well.. then i go deep in and search for flaws.. and i WANT a smooth nice perfect click.. when it goes back..in the sheath.. But now its a tiiiiny bit harder click.. so there... a flaw... The click is to hard.. ) :-D He he he.. Back to being serious.. It is a knife that i am thinking about getting one more of...just so i'll have one more knife in backup.. In case it gets stolen.. and that is the only way i see this knife ever leaving my side.

1 word covers it all in my book. "PERFECT"..

My Busse TGLB and my BK9 has now been retired together with a few others used and abused over the years.

I am happy that you like it.

I would like to see some handle options in G10 (red and black sure would be nice). How else am I going to tell them apart? :D

zCXU7PF.jpg

I just picked one of these up locally for $150! The thing is a Beast!:D
Can't wait to get it out in the field.:thumbup:

I wonder if you could get an M7 DLC coated?

Anyone comparing these to the Survive! GSO?

I have one of these and my brother has a survive! on order. I can do a side by side comparison when he gets his if you would like.

M7 keeps selling out on a popular website, will get one when they are back in stock. This knife must be a huge success for Lion Steel.

Sorry for the hassle but I just cancelled the M7 order because of massive "buyer's remorse" after seeing Bush Craft Tools YT reviews vis a vis the corrosion on the satin finish, although I had ordered the chemically treated black finish. I may revisit that decision if and when the knife goes on sale again but at around $265 I felt that it would be more of an object of admiration rather than intended camping use. The M7 seems truly like a gorgeous knife but I'm sticking with my Fallkniven A1 for now which I have beaten the #*@P out of without feeling much remorse or guilt. Thank you for your intended input.

Last edited:
I own the M7 both in satin and black finish and i use them as my "basic knife" for bushcraft overnights.

The sleipnir steel may not be corrosion resistant... But it is tough and resilient.

Back