M7. New LionSteel fixed blade

I am the designer of two knives. I also developed the heat treatment for both.
The hardness is the same. It's little more than 60. Changes the way to publish data between companies.

Ah, thanks for the answer. I believed you were the man behind the steel for both blades and was puzzled why there would be a difference. My HEST in Sleipner is hard, but still sharpens easily enough. I like it a lot. Seems to be really tough stuff:thumbup: Thanks again.

The LionSteel website has the M7 Sleipner at 60-61 HRC. The Knife Research website has the Legion Sleipner at 60 HRC.

I had gotten a number 56-60 HRC for the KR Legion from BladeHQ.

Sounds like the definitive answer to me. :)

I am the designer of two knives. I also developed the heat treatment for both.
The hardness is the same. It's little more than 60. Changes the way to publish data between companies.

I just re-read this thread and thought "I REALLY like this knife!"

It sure is nice to know I have one in another room already :)

I second what I said in my post. VERY nice knife, both in design and in execution as well.

Are the M7 and the Legion the same knife???

Similar but not the same.

Both were designed by Michele Pensato AKA Molletta, manufactured by LionSteel, full-tang Sleipner (60 HRC) blade steel (0.22" thick) and weigh about 14.5 ounces (without sheath).

M7 has a 7.1" blade whereas the Legion is 6.7" although Legion has slightly more cutting edge due to the large finger choil on the M7. M7 comes with a solid one-piece Micarta handle and a choice of satin or black blade. Legion comes only with a satin blade and the two-piece G-10 handle can be had in orange, black or brown. Legion comes with a nicer kit and sheath.

Purely personal but the M7 is my first choice ...... by a whisker.

Legion on Left. M7 on right.

Cheers from Africa

Aubrey

Images with a ruler ..... 25.5mm = 2.54cm =1 inch

M7 is on left (44mm = 1 3/4 inch), Legion is on right (40mm = 1 9/16 inch)

Cheers from Africa

Aubrey

Back