Maxamet PM2, Let's get this done!!!

Thanks for the thread bumps in my absence guys!!! :thumbup: Come on Maxamet PM2!!! :cool: :D

hows the edge rentention, does it like to chip or roll?? only seen it in some limited run zt knife, never owned a knife in it...

Haven't noticed any chips or rolls on my Maxamet Mule. I've only had to sharpen it once so far (yeah, it's that wear resistant), and it just seemed to be slightly more dull than it was previously. Most likely just edge apex wear more than anything. But I will also comment that I haven't hit the edge with anything nasty yet either, so more time will tell.

I'd like to see either all or the most popular Golden made knives with Maxamet blades..that way almost everybody gets something they like..

They've made the most popular Golden models with S110V blades so why not Maxamet?

Sprint or regular production..either way would work.

They said (i forget where) that they are going to be doing a lot of their flagship models in maxamet which would include the PM2. They didnt say when though.

I'd pay $250 for cf + maxamet pm2 (seeing that my cf+m4 pm2 was only 220$ map pricing).

This. And make it regular production.

Maxamet is hands down my favorite steel. One solid month of use on my manix and I'm not joking - a quick strop and it can whittle hair.

I have never, ever experienced a steel like this. It patinas VERY easily though. That could be a downside if you don't like that sort of thing. Personally, I love it.

Sal, wondering if you have an ETA for the MAXAMET PM2? will it be a few months from now or next year?

reason i ask, is that the new Native 5 maxamet is out, but id rather wait and get the PM2 MAXAMET if its only going to be a few months. if its later than that ill just get the native5 maxamet. i just dont want to be left not knowing and hanging in the wind. Estimated time frame, delays always happen and nothing wrong with that.

Love my Maxamet Manix 2. I would buy a Maxamet PM2 and/or PM3 immediately!

Back