N A S K finalized

Lorien,
Thanks for showing us a little "knife play". :thumbsup: I appreciate what you do and am certain there are a great many here who feel the same way. As for the rare outlier here, well, Spark says it best: "Hatas gonna hate!"

Survivorman isn't a hater- he seems to have issues understanding things outside his current knowledge and may be of the opinion that his knowledge reaches the boundaries of what there is to know. This kind of viewpoint, I have been lead to understand, is largely beyond his control and I don't hold it against him

my hope is that he continues to ask questions and take the time to squeeze as much learning out of topics which interest him as possible, while at the same time realizing that this responsibility falls on him alone. No one is entitled to another person's time or efforts, at least in the context of forums, and acting as though you are really gets in the way of everyone's forumming experience

I may have been direct originally, but certanly not rude. You Nathans personal asskisser justin have been getting on my nerves since you got here.

When you say, "since you got here", do you mean this thread? I clearly remember that last time you delivered your drivel here, and I gave you a similar welcome then. Are you still annoyed about that then?

Or do you mean this sub-forum, as I have been in this sub since the day it launched. It's possible you were as well, on whatever your last account was before it got banned, but I have no way of knowing who you were then. Care to share your previous name?

As far as kissing ass, not even sure what you refer to. I'm one of the few who have actually bought a knife from Nathan, and returned it to have an issue corrected as it was not up to the standard I expect from his work. Being fair and unbiased is hardly ass kissing. I've bought more than 30 of his knives, so perhaps you mean supporter when you say "asskisser". How many knives from CPK do you own?

As far as testing knives,

Im more of a Cliff Stamp kinda guy.. I wanna see the knife go beyond whats it supposed to be able to do.

Which nathan has demonstrated

Both lorien and nathan have chopped cans, nails, bricks,etc..

and yet its been severallllllllll of you assholes getting on my ass, acting like Im the first asshole who came up with the idea of knife torture

That annoys me and pisses me off at the same time. thats why I told you to go fuck yourself.

Perhaps we should just put each other on ignore

You mention that you are aware Nathan has done some destructive testing to identify the point of failure and help validate his HT tweaks. Then you are critical when Lorien does other testing?

Then you complain it's not the kind of testing you want to see, after you said you want to see "the knife go beyond what it's supposed to be able to do" as though cutting up nails and concrete doesn't constitute that.

So here is the question. What makes you think that the video Lorien posted is all the testing he has done? I'd love to know how you reached that conclusion.

He has previously posted he has lots of info to share once the knife is named and there is a centralized place to share it. You would know this if you kept up to date with these forums. But you don't. So let us presume you just come in here from time to time, and aren't aware.

My question to you. What makes you sure anyone on this sub cares what you think, or what you want to see? You don't add constructive input to any thread in this sub, so what makes you think your opinion is valuable?

I don't think you are just a troll, I'm pretty sure you have mistakenly assessed you own cognitive ability higher than it actually is and suffer from illusory superiority. Google Dunning-Kruger for more on this. You owe it to yourself.

While we are on the topic of valuing the opinion of others, let me share a quote with you from a man whose is widely held as one of the leading logicians of the 20th century. Here is a little Bertrand Russell for you.

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

Now, I don't care who you are, or who you imply you are. Nothing I have said would change no matter who you are when you aren't hiding behind a keyboard.

Have a nice day!

Let me make this issue very simple for the TL; DR types of folks:

I will NOT attempt to destroy a Carothers Knife which is my own property for anyone's viewing pleasure because extreme abuse of CPKs is not suggested / recommended by the maker and that behavior will most likely void the warranty. Nathan was very specific on this one issue. So to the extreme user)s) / abuser(s), either wait for Nathan himself to conduct such tests and then post their videos. Other than that, buy your own CPK and do whatever it is that you wish with your own property all the while mindful of the warranty caveat which I referred to in my first paragraph!

When you say, "since you got here", do you mean this thread? I clearly remember that last time you delivered your drivel here, and I gave you a similar welcome then. Are you still annoyed about that then?

Or do you mean this sub-forum, as I have been in this sub since the day it launched. It's possible you were as well, on whatever your last account was before it got banned, but I have no way of knowing who you were then. Care to share your previous name?

As far as kissing ass, not even sure what you refer to. I'm one of the few who have actually bought a knife from Nathan, and returned it to have an issue corrected as it was not up to the standard I expect from his work. Being fair and unbiased is hardly ass kissing. I've bought more than 30 of his knives, so perhaps you mean supporter when you say "asskisser". How many knives from CPK do you own?

You mention that you are aware Nathan has done some destructive testing to identify the point of failure and help validate his HT tweaks. Then you are critical when Lorien does other testing?

Then you complain it's not the kind of testing you want to see, after you said you want to see "the knife go beyond what it's supposed to be able to do" as though cutting up nails and concrete doesn't constitute that.

So here is the question. What makes you think that the video Lorien posted is all the testing he has done? I'd love to know how you reached that conclusion.

He has previously posted he has lots of info to share once the knife is named and there is a centralized place to share it. You would know this if you kept up to date with these forums. But you don't. So let us presume you just come in here from time to time, and aren't aware.

My question to you. What makes you sure anyone on this sub cares what you think, or what you want to see? You don't add constructive input to any thread in this sub, so what makes you think your opinion is valuable?

I don't think you are just a troll, I'm pretty sure you have mistakenly assessed you own cognitive ability higher than it actually is and suffer from illusory superiority. Google Dunning-Kruger for more on this. You owe it to yourself.

While we are on the topic of valuing the opinion of others, let me share a quote with you from a man whose is widely held as one of the leading logicians of the 20th century. Here is a little Bertrand Russell for you.

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

Now, I don't care who you are, or who you imply you are. Nothing I have said would change no matter who you are when you aren't hiding behind a keyboard.

Have a nice day!

1. Ive been here longer than you under many other names. As usual, Im still stuck in the old internet, where people used to be able to say whatever they want, just about, without getting banned. Now, shit is different. What pisses me off about many sites, is that someone mentions something that has to do with politics, but when I respond, due to the fact that I happen to disagree with your line of thinking, I get infraction point or get banned. For example, someone may bash Muslims in some way, which I am not a fan of, but I dont hate them either, but when I bash the jews, I get banned. That makes no sense to me. That is bias and bullshit on their side.

So yes, I have been here for a while, and I do actually KNOW for a fact that I KNOW more about knives than you, since you so assholily alluded that "im delusional about my knowledge, bla bla" I was not born yesterday.

2. You ARE an ass kisser, cause ever since Nathan started making knives, you have alwaysssssss been the first asshole to spam the shit out of every single post that nathan posted, and you write shit like a giddy little girl. That makes you an ass kisser in my book.

3. As far as knife testing.. just like point #1.. I wanted to see the knife being tested like Nathan tests them, and for that I have several people get on my ass about "use a knife for its intended purpose,etc.." making it seem like Im the first guy that just came up with torture testing a knife.

The part that pissed me off, is that SEVERAL people posted memes about me being a sniveling little girl, but when I respond back, I get an infraction.. Just like that point #1 I talked about..

And yet somehow, I do not have right to respond back.

That makes no fucking sense to me.

you've been here under many other names because you've been banned many other times

I had empathy for you until you mentioned 'bashing the jews'. Now I have the feeling that you're irredeemable

It's been my method to on the one hand, keep in mind and understand the underlying causation, and ignore anything that I might personally feel unpleasant. However I for one have got to believe that a line has been crossed here that should not be tolerated even a moment longer.

1. Ive been here longer than you under many other names. As usual, Im still stuck in the old internet, where people used to be able to say whatever they want, just about, without getting banned. Now, shit is different. What pisses me off about many sites, is that someone mentions something that has to do with politics, but when I respond, due to the fact that I happen to disagree with your line of thinking, I get infraction point or get banned. For example, someone may bash Muslims in some way, which I am not a fan of, but I dont hate them either, but when I bash the jews, I get banned. That makes no sense to me. That is bias and bullshit on their side.

So yes, I have been here for a while, and I do actually KNOW for a fact that I KNOW more about knives than you, since you so assholily alluded that "im delusional about my knowledge, bla bla" I was not born yesterday.

2. You ARE an ass kisser, cause ever since Nathan started making knives, you have alwaysssssss been the first asshole to spam the shit out of every single post that nathan posted, and you write shit like a giddy little girl. That makes you an ass kisser in my book.

3. As far as knife testing.. just like point #1.. I wanted to see the knife being tested like Nathan tests them, and for that I have several people get on my ass about "use a knife for its intended purpose,etc.." making it seem like Im the first guy that just came up with torture testing a knife.

The part that pissed me off, is that SEVERAL people posted memes about me being a sniveling little girl, but when I respond back, I get an infraction.. Just like that point #1 I talked about..

Putz

Last edited:
Oh, now I see what the problem is.

For your information, it's not "bashing the Jews" that got you banned. It's that you were off-topic. That kind of discussion is only allowed in the "Worthless Nazi Assholes" section of the forum.

Ok I get it now.

What you lack is the ability to identify what behaviour is appropriate for a given social circumstance.

This is not "the internet". This is a specific site provided for a very specific purpose.

Think of it as private property. If you get an infraction or ban for acting against the rules of the forum, it's similar to someone telling you to get off thier property.

There are lots of places on the internet you can talk about politics, be a Muslim apologist, criticize Israels domestic policies or bash Jews. This just isn't it.

I wish you good luck in finding a place where your input and opinions are valued.

This thread got kinda of nasty, needs to be more NASK-Y!
Thanks for the video Lorien, looking forward to handling the prototype tomorrow morning.

Lorien, I am curious about the differenc)e between what I call the Rainbow Chopper (the NASK proto predecessor that almost hit the creek, the one with the heat treat coloring in the fuller) and the finalized NASK. I am not so much interested in all the types of tweaks that have been mentioned, but whether there is anything that's a major difference in blade or handle, kind of a generalized description of how it feels and handles, short version pls.

I am really looking forward to it's release.

Thanks,

Bob

Back