Official Monster Nessie List

Sorry guys - got temporarily derailed on these because of family in the ER and my heat-treat oven breaking back to back....still not fixed yet...:(

You can send payment via paypal or check/m.o. for $95 to:

Daniel Koster
1711 Beverly Ct
Bentonville, AR

This list is open and won't be closed until I get a final count of how many I can get cut at the waterjet place.

Thanks!

Dan

Got you on the list - let me know which steel and handle material. Thanks!

Dan

Hello Dan,

Thanks for getting me on the list. I'm hoping to chip away at the remaining balance, and depending on the size of my bonus check I might be able to PIF in a few weeks.

Any luck with your oven?

J

Heat-treat oven is toast. I have to buy a new controller ($400) or just buy a new one.

So, for now, I am going to send these out to Peter's Heat-Treat. They do a great job on oil-quenching steels.

I rough-ground the 4 I have glued up and laid out 6 more this morning to start grinding. So far I have about 1/4 of the grinds done.

Dan

so does this mean the expected completion time of August for the 3V Nessies is out the window now?

Yes and No.

I have to push the 3V Monster Nessie list out forward because of waterjet guy issues that are unresolved. I have to start over with new steel on those.

Also pushes back the 5160 blades because I have to send those out for heat-treat now.

I have 6 more that need final grinding and then they'll be on their way for heat-treat.

I am still working on the 4 that are glued up already and roughed out.

Progress this week for sure!

Dan

Dan,
I'm waiting on one the four that are glued up and roughed out. How are they coming along?

I am working on those 4 specifically today. I won't have them finished, but will be ready for final finishing. I do plan on having them done this week. :thumbup:

Dan

The 4 Monster Nessies are now finished. :thumbup:

List has been updated.

Hey Dan,

I've submitted another $100 towards my Monster Nessie in 3V with Green Canvas Micarta handles. I would like to add a quick draw black leather sheath horizontal carry. I'll watch the forum for the list to be updated.

Do you have any guys that carry the Nessie horizontally in the bush? Are there any problems with doing this with a knife this size?

Thanks,

Jordan

Hello Dan,

I submitted a payment via paypal today, and I am now paid in full on my Monster with Green Canvas Micarta in 3V w/ sheath. I will keep my eyes on the forums for any updates on the progress. Do you have an estimate on when these will be completed? Also, since it looks like I am the first to PIF on the 3V's, will mine be the first to ship?

Thanks,

Jordan

From 7-19-10...

I finished up 3 more over the weekend.

Will be heat-treating another 4 this evening.

Progress!!!

List of those finished:

Ron D (farseeker) - BCM = PIF
James W - BCM + leather sheath - PIF
Walt K - NCM + leather QD sheath - PD 200

Those getting theirs heat-treated this evening:

Mark W - Ironwood + brass pins = PIF
Emanuele P - BCM = PIF
Slim S - Ironwood = PIF
Jeff P - GCM + horiz leather sheath - PIF

Dan,

In all due respect I know your busy but if someone is PIF and listed as finished, How long from finished to shipped? I haven't seen an update on the Monster Nessie status board in a while. (ie. stated finished on 7-19-10).

Thank you,

Ron D (farseeker)

Last edited:
Ron - Yours is boxed up - ships tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. I thought I was waiting for a sheath, but I was mistaken.

Good news for those waiting for a sheath - I should have them back end of next week. :thumbup:

Thanks for your patience, guys!

I'm moving quicker on these now. I can grind 20 smaller knives in the time it takes to grind one Monster Nessie....and on top of that it really eats up belts. Naturally, it gets bumped to the bottom of the list if I get low on belts - which has been the case this week. I got more coming on Monday - will take take of it.

:thumbup:

Dan

Back