Official Monster Nessie List

Yes - I'll update the list asap.

Here's a pic of a tooled pouch sheath, by the way. Came in yesterday. :thumbup:

MonsterNessieSheathTooled101119-01.jpg

Dan

Hey dan, if this is closed let me know.
I was wondering if I can get in on this with a canvas green model 3v. I dont need a sheath if that lowers my price, if not ill obviosly take one.

If this is OK please let me know so i can send you the deposit.

Thanks

Dan

Last edited:
Just in case you think grinding 6 Monster Nessies is a minor task...

Check out the Massive metal dust mound it made...!!!!!

ShopPic101206-01.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Dan

While I'm waiting for the Monster Nessie blanks to return from heat-treat, I've gone ahead and started cutting out the handle materials. So far, I have the Ironwood, Koa and Cocobolo slabs done. Will do more tomorrow.

Progress!

:thumbup:

As soon as these get in....I'll start working on the ones in 3V.

Dan

Dan,

I'd like to order 2 sheaths for my 3V Monster Nessie: Leather QD and Leather Horizontal. I'll be paying off my ballance as soon as the Orders List is updated. Thanks!

Nikolaos

Hi DANIEL,

I figured I would post here also. I noticed a few errors with the way the list shows my order. I wanted the Green canvas Micarta not the natural. If you could update your list with these changes and include the $200 deposit I sent in three weeks ago I would apreciate it.

Thanks

Dan

Last edited:
Hey Dan,I hate to sound like a PITA,but last February of 2010 I put down $345. for a 3V Monster Nessie.If memory serves me correctly,you stated an estimated completion time approx. May/June of 2010.It's now Jan. of 2011
Also,would you transfer the $85. deposit for the 3V MUCK into the moneys owed for the MN?I've simply lost interest with the MUCK at this point.
I just want the 3V MN I paid for for over 11 months ago.At this point don't worry about the sheath.I really want one from you,but I don't want to wait yet another indefinite time for it.Unless you can provide the sheath within a reasonable time,don't bother.

Could you provide me with a definite time frame,within a week or two?

I am very tempted to ask for a complete refund on all moneys sent($345+$85),but I'd really prefer the knife I've waited so long for.You make some of the finest knives in the biz as far as I'm concerned.I'd just appreciate some communication on your end.I don't know,maybe something like "Hey John I'm sorry for the holdup.I'm doing my best to get your knife done ASAP,it should/will be done by ____ 2011"

Sorry if this comes across as harsh,but my patience is wearing thin.

I realize it would have been more appropriate to do this in an email or PM,but you don't seem to get them,or answer them anyway.

Thanks,John

Hey Dan,I hate to sound like a PITA,but last February of 2010 I put down $345. for a 3V Monster Nessie.If memory serves me correctly,you stated an estimated completion time approx. May/June of 2010.It's now Jan. of 2011
Also,would you transfer the $85. deposit for the 3V MUCK into the moneys owed for the MN?I've simply lost interest with the MUCK at this point.
I just want the 3V MN I paid for for over 11 months ago.At this point don't worry about the sheath.I really want one from you,but I don't want to wait yet another indefinite time for it.Unless you can provide the sheath within a reasonable time,don't bother.

Could you provide me with a definite time frame,within a week or two?

I am very tempted to ask for a complete refund on all moneys sent($345+$85),but I'd really prefer the knife I've waited so long for.You make some of the finest knives in the biz as far as I'm concerned.I'd just appreciate some communication on your end.I don't know,maybe something like "Hey John I'm sorry for the holdup.I'm doing my best to get your knife done ASAP,it should/will be done by ____ 2011"

Sorry if this comes across as harsh,but my patience is wearing thin.

I realize it would have been more appropriate to do this in an email or PM,but you don't seem to get them,or answer them anyway.

Thanks,John

+1

it is frustrating to see other knives being offered when those paid for have not been completed.

**crickets chirping**:confused::rolleyes:

Dan,email me please.Tell me something/anything.Thanks,John

j.roderick@live.com

I feel your pain bro, i really do. Not to justify Dan, but I think the biggest culprit is that Dan's knives are so wanted. I dont think I have seen one custom maker have his knives on as many blade websites for sale as his. There are literally several I ran across that have them. So I think its just that he is a army of one, no pun intended and obviously demand is higher then output right now. It would be nice if he just sent out some communication as to status though. I think most people if they at least knew ahead of time would not get as frustrated.

Communication is just as important as a quality product... I think Dan is trying on that part and its just well a work in progress on that part, lol. I have over $2K in knives on waiting list from Dan and paid in full, so trust me I know how you feel. I just emailed him 2 days ago and he answered right back, maybe not out in the open forum might be a better approach??

Sorry for the delays, guys. But the good news - I start on the Monster Nessies today!

:thumbup:

Thanks for your patience - very much appreciated. Some guys on this list have been waiting a very, very long time.

Dan

Hi DANIEL,

I figured I would post here also. I noticed a few errors with the way the list shows my order. I wanted the Green canvas Micarta not the natural also Im assuming the B in the pins section is refering to heavy bolts for handle attachment and I would prefer bolts to pins. If you could update your list with these changes and include the deposit I sent in three weeks ago I would apreciate it.

Thanks

Dan

Check the list to see if I've got it right now:

www.kosterknives.com/MonsterNessieOrders.htm

"B" means brass pins

Dan

Also,would you transfer the $85. deposit for the 3V MUCK into the moneys owed for the MN?

I made the transfer and updated the list. :thumbup:

The 3V Monster Nessies will be about 4-6 weeks to completion because they still need time to go out to heat treat and back.

Dan

Don't anybody feel bad about bringing something to my attention. It's true that these Monster Nessies have taken much longer than initially promised. I have cleared everything else out of the way and am now knocking these out. They just take time.

Dan

Thanks for the update, Dan. It's greatly appreciated, and it's good to hear these are next on your list.

JGON

Fantastic, I can hardly wait. Im going to mate the nessie with your matching WSS knife in a Piggyback sheath.

lookin forward to it

dan

Back