"Old Knives"

Duncan, I feel like I've been doing a Wim Hof breathing hour long session while riding big waves with Laird Hamilton..wow! What a treat - stunners - each one!! Thanks for the treat in words and photographs fine Sir

Duncan, I feel like I've been doing a Wim Hof breathing hour long session while riding big waves with Laird Hamilton..wow! What a treat - stunners - each one!! Thanks for the treat in words and photographs fine Sir

I understand how high that praise is because my son surfs and has made me aware of Mr. Hamilton's exploits. If others don't, a quick Google might be worthwhile.

Duncan, that collection on the previous page is heaven on earth! What a group of outstanding knives. I had to pop my eyeballs back into my head!!
You have chosen some great, classic patterns to collect, and you are doing a right fine job of it!!!

I understand how high that praise is because my son surfs and has made me aware of Mr. Hamilton's exploits. If others don't, a quick Google might be worthwhile.

Thanks for that Frank, I'd assumed Gev meant LORD Hamilton! :D ;)

55597762f7b270256a05694b28238f2c.jpeg

Ok...I promise...LAST SCOUT!, another Keen Kutter, and another real nice Knife.... and a real cool wee Shield!!!

Beautiful full main, awesome smooth walk and Talk...Bone that is just gorgeous!

Thanks for showing all those fantastic old beauties Duncan .

Harry

Jack, Lord Hamilton:thumbsup:

Duncan, you have such a fine collection of knives my friend, and I'm fortunate to have them pass through my hands en route to you. Camp knives/Scouts, HJ's, TC's, carving sets, pruners, all such wonderful collections:thumbsup:

Receiving a package for you is as exciting as one for myself. I'm really surprised that the knives actually leave ND:D

Whew Bling Bling Lloyd!!! That EO Centre- 1st Photo looks like a beauty!!!

Thank you Lloyd, Jack, Gevonovich, Harry, Paul and Charlie for your wonderful Comments, and Frank- I did Google Gevs Quote- Whew!!! now there is a Hard man in ways we dont Know!!

Last edited:
I also have a couple of HJ's here, ...Paul I am sure needs some sort of medical attention:D as whenever he sends me my knives he keeps Gifting me Knives along with them!!!!! - as you saw, please excuse me as I just have to bring that beautiful Knife forward again- this Peachseed Buffalo Scout, This knife seems to be as rare as a warm pile of Dinosaur do-do's .....not so much as the Maker- as Schrade's Blood will be found running through the viens of this guy- but the stamping of which this Knife Schrade contracted the Knife to.........

Here is a SWEET HJ- a smaller one than that- but Paul bless him saw this UTICA HJ with Mind Blowing Bone Scales - and he bought it for me, I really will spare the emotive comments on just how this makes me feel, the Knife has had use- Blade has lost some of its Fullness - but Man- arent loved Knives meant to do just that! - someone loved this knife and used it:thumbsup: and I am glad that to this day this Knife Lokks Spectacular with those Lovely Bone Scales! and that really nice Shield!

Another treasured hj...My Friend many thanks for your thinking of me.

image.jpeg I have been looking for a while for a nice old Case Tested that I could carry and use without guilt or remorse and I think I finally found it. Pretty full blades, great action, tight construction and nice bone with a little patch job that doesn't bother me in the least and helped keep it an affordable user. The blades took an awesome edge and I think I found a keeper

Jamie thats a wonderful Case you have there- when Case were Making some of the best Knives- and it looks as though you got one right there my friend.:thumbsup:

I have another lovely wee HJ, is this Robeson, this Knife does nothing to let down its famous Makers name- it is every bit a Top Class HJ.

This Robeson sports amazing Bone scales........

Thanks, Duncan. She really is a satisfying old knife.

Lovely Robeson there, quite interesting as well with the tip bolster on the butt. What an ordeal it must have been all those years ago to walk into a hardware store to pick out a knife. It would have been tough deciding between which manufacturer or pattern to get, almost impossible when you throw in the absolutely killer bone choices being turned out during that period.

Nice group of knives, Duncan. I especially like that etched scout! ;) :D That Wadsworth is an unusual knife. I actually think I've seen a catalog example of it... wonder if I can find it.

CelluLloyd, love the name! :cool: And it appears to be well earned! Nice examples of celluloid variations.

Last edited:
So many great additions that it's hard to keep up with this thread, thanks for the pictures all.

Back