Order of KAI Official Hang Out; Part Deux - It's Enrico Palazzo!

I've always wanted to make an edge that I can see the cracks of my teeth in, which is pretty wicked when you think about it. I think this would be the one for me after I get through blowing my money on that custom.
From what I've read and watched, It's more than worth it.

I went for the 4". I have always wanted a 4" F3. Im drawn to big blades, so if there's big/small versions of something, I always get the bigger of the two. take my knives... I chose the Grayman Satu over the Dua... the Hinderer XM24 over the XM18...th Strider SMF over the SNG.

I really dont know what it is, but im drawn to large folders. I am a big guy myself, so i can stand trying to hold onto a tiny little knife. But thats my take on it.

Well I sure like that ZT0600 and cried myself to sleep when I gave it to my brother. Couple of things I like about the 4" F3: The proportions look much better. The 3.5" looks a little "fat." The 3" looks really out of proportion, unlike the 3" XM-18. Also the jimping looks more functional on the 4", especially since the frame has no jimping at all. I think the 3.5" just has two or three "jimps." But I actually wear a men's small size glove, so the 3.5" feels a bit more comfortable and is also probably a little less money (though I'm not sure about that). Judging from what Chris does, as well, I'll bet the 3.5" Murdered F3 has plenty of jimp, so that's consoling. Now comes the long wait... :eek:

Quick question: If I apex the edge at the 100 grit stones, all I need to do with the following stones is remove the previous stones scratch pattern?

If your stones are new, I recommend against apexkng the edge with the 100 grit. The excess diamonds can chip the edge, as the coating isn't entirely uniform out of the box.

It takes a few uses to smooth them out, so try to run them on knives you don't mind working more on, as you'll then have to remove more material to get the chip out.

As for your original question, that's essentially the idea. There are some more specific things to aim for, but that is pretty much the main idea.

Be careful though, those stones are not very forgiving, and slip ups can really mess up a blade.

If your stones are new, I recommend against apexkng the edge with the 100 grit. The excess diamonds can chip the edge, as the coating isn't entirely uniform out of the box.

It takes a few uses to smooth them out, so try to run them on knives you don't mind working more on, as you'll then have to remove more material to get the chip out.

As for your original question, that's essentially the idea. There are some more specific things to aim for, but that is pretty much the main idea.

Be careful though, those stones are not very forgiving, and slip ups can really mess up a blade.

Yo duder! Morning home skillet!

No...but I saw Sherman blowing an AIDS patient while I was on the plane. ;)
winning_zps95eccf01.jpg

Got it! I was aware not to apex the edge at the 50/80 grit stones (if I ever got them) because of the chipping, but I can understand how the new 100 grit stones will do the same. Thanks for the write-up. :)
No...but I saw Sherman blowing an AIDS patient while I was on the plane. ;)
:barf:

Oh wow, the Harvest Collection is so good. It's got everything I like in there. I hope they have some Oktoberfest on the ship...

So whats on the agendas today gentlemen? I have a wedding to go to. And it's greek, never been to one of them before.

Oh wow, the Harvest Collection is so good. It's got everything I like in there. I hope they have some Oktoberfest on the ship...
Yes, there is the harvest pumpkin there and it is sooooo good! Demand that they have it!

Last edited:
Well I sure like that ZT0600 and cried myself to sleep when I gave it to my brother. Couple of things I like about the 4" F3: The proportions look much better. The 3.5" looks a little "fat." The 3" looks really out of proportion, unlike the 3" XM-18. Also the jimping looks more functional on the 4", especially since the frame has no jimping at all. I think the 3.5" just has two or three "jimps." But I actually wear a men's small size glove, so the 3.5" feels a bit more comfortable and is also probably a little less money (though I'm not sure about that). Judging from what Chris does, as well, I'll bet the 3.5" Murdered F3 has plenty of jimp, so that's consoling. Now comes the long wait... :eek:

Im not sure what the overall game plan for the murdered F3 will be, but i can tell you this: the attention to detail that Chris puts in to his work is immaculate. Like I said, one of my knives was murdered by him and I have held one of his customs before, but prior to that, i honestly thought it would feel like holding a porcupine. Thats not the case at all. The points and crevices are all done in a way that they aren't sharp. They will definitely provide a better grip than a smooth surface, but they aren't as sharp as it seems.

I can't wait either, but i have played the waiting game for customs before (I actually have 3 customs from 2 different makers on order right now). Its all worth the wait, because the quality of the product flies higher than most production companies. Just find some way to occupy yourself in the meantime :)

I need to try Octoberfest I always hear about how great it is but have never picked any up for some reason.

I'm sitting on the cruise ship...at a table in the buffet with my wife, mother in law, and then a bunch of people who I have little interest in being around. Usually this kind of thing is all about the food, but I don't want to engorge myself. Aside from walking around the ship and the docks in other countries, this is not the optimal situation.

So whats on the agendas today gentlemen? I have a wedding to go to. And it's greek, never been to one of them before.

Yes, there is the harvest pumpkin there and it is sooooo good! Demand that they have it!

I just got back from jiu-jitsu and I'm about to take a shower...then maybe I'll eat lunch. I think my mom is making curry!

I'm sitting on the cruise ship...at a table in the buffet with my wife, mother in law, and then a bunch of people who I have little interest in being around. Usually this kind of thing is all about the food, but I don't want to engorge myself. Aside from walking around the ship and the docks in other countries, this is not the optimal situation.

Hang in there. I like being on ships.

Back