OT: Survivor Sidekicks (photos)

We got the call from the rescue organization last night, and Lucas is ours! They have to work out logistics with getting him from the foster family, but he might be with us as soon as today. We are very excited to have a new best friend coming to our family.

That's awesome news! he sure looked like one fine pup, congrats!

Turns out the foster family was not able to get him to the rescue facility today. But, he will be home with us tomorrow evening.

We got the call from the rescue organization last night, and Lucas is ours! They have to work out logistics with getting him from the foster family, but he might be with us as soon as today. We are very excited to have a new best friend coming to our family.

Congratulations!! I hope everything works out well!

Crap. I guess I should've read the rest. I guess one extra day of prep work won't be to horrible.

This is Elliot. Part Alaskan Husky, part Shepard….. many ask just exactly what breed he is. So I baffle them with BS and say he's a Gerlaskan Shepsky. Had a few actually buy it.
We rescued him from a shelter in the Yukon Territories , Canada. He's pretty much all fun and pure mountain dog.
Come's along on all our adventures…

What a cool dog RiverRunner! He's even smart enough to carry his own pack full of treats!

He is one fine example of a Gerlaskan Shepsky, probably the best I have ever seen.

All kidding aside, he looks like a great dog. As my wife and I have gone down this road, we realized just how many dogs need homes. We are very excited to get Lucas, but at the same time our hearts are broken regarding all of the dogs who need homes as well. We will see what happens, but I would not be too surprised if there is not another dog in our life over the next month or two.

RiverRunner, you're alive!! ;)

Very handsome dog. I love that he has his own pack. He must do fine out there without a leash. Mine would take off after a squirrel then inspect another distraction then follow some scent and end up in another state.......

Mac, I could never leave my wife unsupervised in an animal shelter, she'd end up adopting every creature there.

Lucas came to be with us last evening, and he is a great and we'll natured Pit Bull. For whatever resaon, he has really taken to me. I think that my wife is a little jealous. He has been my shadow in the house. When I went up to bed last night, I wondered where he was going to sleep. I showed him the dog bed, got myself ready for bed, and before I got fully situated in the bed, Lucas had jumped up and plopped down on my wife's side. Later when she came to bed, I was awakened as she was trying to get him to move over, which he did. I am trying my best to work from home both today and tomorrow to try to get him settled in.

Great to hear this, Mac!!! I hope all 3 of you have a smooth time adjusting and will continue to enjoy getting to know each other.

That's great news McVeyMac! I just hope that he starts opening up to your wife or you might have to get a dog just for her!

My dads dog, our farm dog. My dad corrected me this morning Tri-pod is over 20 years old! He said he's had since I was about 8, and I'm 31 now so approximately 22 years old. What a champ!

Holy crap I've never heard of a dog living that long! That is too cool! I bet it's that good farm living and good food that keeps him tickin.

My dad gave him his shots don't think he's ever been to a vet. Only time he's been off the farm was for his morning runs/ swims and to chase tail. He's daddy was a chow/lab mix and momma was a pointer.

Tri-Pod has a job to do to protect all of the animals and his people. I guess the secret to longevity is a purpose. Simply an amazing story.

Back