OT: Survivor Sidekicks (photos)

He is doing great. He is giving my wife equal time. The first night he woke up with me the next morning and came downstairs with me. The second morning he stayed in bed. When my wife woke up, Lucas had his head on her pillow just laying there and staring at her. When she woke and looked at him, he just started kissing her.

Great pics and stories guys.
Heres a picture of our two from left to right Rudy and Rosa.
Rudy is lab and Rosa is Lab mixed with something the rescue thought german shepherd.
Rudy is laid back and my shadow and down for anything both were rescues.
Rosa is the more timid of the two and judging by her looks in this picture she didn't like the painting that was going on.
But they were doing a great job holding down the drop cloth! :)
xQTuMYs.jpg

Lol. New home, I'm sure he'll adjust fast. Probably just went to the most natural companion. My Pitt use to stay right by my side no matter what. If I had to leave him out side he'd stay right there till I returned. It took him almost a year to fully take to my ex. However he was protective of her and our home. He was great with kids, any attention was good attention to him. Very faithful dogs when treated right. They seem to despise seclusion, Pitt bulls are very social animals. Plenty of love and objectives to make there day they will be wonderful pets.

I'll post a picture of Miley my Pitt I took in from being abandoned. She's not much of an adventure dog, she just assumes to be a home body and sun bath unless we head to the pond. She was already an older dog when I got her.

So I took my dog fishing with my wife and son on Sunday. The instant o dropped the tailgate she bailed on us. Straight back to the house. Lol. She is a home body for sure.

RiverRunner, you're alive!! ;)

Very handsome dog. I love that he has his own pack. He must do fine out there without a leash. Mine would take off after a squirrel then inspect another distraction then follow some scent and end up in another state.......

Mac, I could never leave my wife unsupervised in an animal shelter, she'd end up adopting every creature there.

Yes I'm alive!… lol. Very busy these days with a 2 year old toddler, life, and preparing for my Elk hunt. So many forums to keep track of too.
Yes my dog does very well off leash. His recall is impeccable. Honestly he's been the easiest most obedient dog I've had. Hand signals. whistles, and kissy squeaky noises are all I need to communicate with him. He just wants to please so much. I think thats the Shepard in him. All this was done with praise as his reward too! Definitely not food or treat motivated for his training. I've lost count of how many compliment I receive about his training when out and about…… anyways, I could just keep going on and on…lol. We all love or fur buddies!
Thank you to everyone who complimented, and to everyone else …. some fine looking animals!

more pics!… can't resist

Old dog Sadie... more or less deaf, can hear very loud noises only. Vision isn't great at night. Sleeps almost constantly... but once in a while she gets excited and bounces around like a puppy.

E1EF54FB-3D66-45F5-9469-E443BA2F933E_zpsp7uf1oaf.jpg

My buddy had a pit one time completely deaf. She sis really well with hand signals. You had to stomp your foot to get her attention, but she did very well even on concrete or just hard ground.

She can hear me if I yell loudly, but unfortunately it startles her because she can hear my tone.

When we put her outside we bang our deck furniture on the deck to get her attention, the way the metal rings seems to get her attention if she isn't to intensely focused on a rabbit.

Wife had the groomer stripe her hair with Packers colors :D

This is Dusty. He was my best friend. He was with me 17 years. He was half Lab and half some kind of bird dog though I can't recall now what. I still get teary eyed when I think about him.

This is my cat Jinx. I've had him right around 11 years. Never been a cat guy but he crawled under my old truck one day and gave me them eyes, I knew he would be a keeper. I bottle feed him for about two months or so. He has been to every city I have. He's been one great cat and I hope for many more years with my pal.

The simplest things! I always laugh at my client that buys fancy toys and her dog chooses a stick or a tennis ball over anything.
Are you still training him for hunting?

The simplest things! I always laugh at my client that buys fancy toys and her dog chooses a stick or a tennis ball over anything.
Are you still training him for hunting?

Yea. He's not even a year yet. Still so much puppy energy so we're literally just starting. He loves the water so it should be fairly easy to make the transition from toys to ducks.

Back