Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Since sanding stuff is your favorite activity, I sent another roll of 180, 240, and 320 this morning. Should be there by Friday. ;)
Momma must have hitched up the wagon today and gone to the post office, thanks Chris, we got some bidness to discuss!

How goes the Kukri Scott?
Ahhhhh! Went to put a few pins in today and the handle, well it cracked.......:mad: There was a small spalt line I didn't see at first and that's where she cracked. I did find nice piece of Cherry Burl that I'll try next, the tang is so small I might weld a small section on to give it a little more hold. I'll post pics when I get her rough shaped.

Damn that sucks! Better it happened sooner than later though I guess.

Ahhhhh! Went to put a few pins in today and the handle, well it cracked.......:mad: There was a small spalt line I didn't see at first and that's where she cracked. I did find nice piece of Cherry Burl that I'll try next, the tang is so small I might weld a small section on to give it a little more hold. I'll post pics when I get her rough shaped.
That suck, Scott!!
But the cherry burl...sounds like a winner!

Last edited:
Geez, what's a guy gotta do to give away some memberships around here! All ya had to do was stop in and say hello;)

Reelin in my hook, I'll go spend the bait on some handle material.

Figured since we hit the one year mark this month it would be a good idea. I'd announce it but I'd rather give them to people who stop by here.....but people....would have to...stop by here....for that to happen....:eek:....we're all alone!!!:D

Plan B handle for the Kukri, Pennsyltucky black cherry burl, burned in ready to go. The checking is only on the surface I'll post a pic when she's done.
Plan B.jpg

Wow, nice work! Is this one going to eventually be available for purchase?

Thanks Sheldon, I might sell her gotta make a sheath yet and that's not my strong suit so it could be a while. This is probably from the late 1800's, I sharpened her tonight and was amazed at the edge this thing took I got it shaving sharp. Those old Nipplese blacksmiths must have known what they were doing.

More wood:p finished and ready for a coat of earl.

Bd0LYEa.jpg

Back