Quartermaster knives

My guess is they are taking a calculated albeit risky and ill-advised decision to use negative publicity and Wild speculation to garner favor under a mantra of "They hate us because they aren't as cool as we are". I will admit I could be wrong and Jared could just simply he a moron, and taking clear advantage of the benefit of the doubt.
Because that worked so well with Mantis?
Jared is no moron. If you watch videos of him he is a psychopath with not one care that he's ripping you off.
Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Bs many still rag on strider. Ethics matter.

Also, Mick Burger might be a piece of excrement, but he never lied about his KNIVES. That's a fairly key difference. I still wouldn't dream of spending my money on a Strider, but that's really a different ball of wax.

Also, Mick Burger might be a piece of excrement, but he never lied about his KNIVES. That's a fairly key difference. I still wouldn't dream of spending my money on a Strider, but that's really a different ball of wax.
Agreed!

Because that worked so well with Mantis?
Jared is no moron. If you watch videos of him he is a psychopath with not one care that he's ripping you off.

Don't forget about MadBlacksmithKnives; another spin-off of Jared's as well... :thumbdn::grumpy:

I agree that he comes across as an absolute kook in any vids I've seen of him LOL. Nuttier than squirrel poop.

This reminds me of the time I was scolded for making negative comments about Paulo Balzano; basically was told I was wrong and that people deserve second chances and he's a stand up guy on all accounts... :rolleyes::thumbdn:

Sure he is LOL.

QRTMSTR is a giant example of buyer beware IMHO.

Don't forget about MadBlacksmithKnives; another spin-off of Jared's as well... :thumbdn::grumpy:

I agree that he comes across as an absolute kook in any vids I've seen of him LOL. Nuttier than squirrel poop.

This reminds me of the time I was scolded for making negative comments about Paulo Balzano; basically was told I was wrong and that people deserve second chances and he's a stand up guy on all accounts... :rolleyes::thumbdn:

Sure he is LOL.

QRTMSTR is a giant example of buyer beware IMHO.
Yeah this guy's extremely delusional to think he's a blacksmith. And to present yourself as such further shows the guy is just a moron. It's like he honestly can't help himself some type of a personality disorder.

Still, a vocal minority.
Define vocal minority. Those of us on the forum compose about 0% of the knife buying public. We are already the minority of the minority because most people won't pony up hundreds of bucks for a blade.

Plenty of people after hearing about both companies decide to stay away.

Last edited:
Seriously, what is with the raging hate on for Quartermaster? If you don't like the knives don't buy them. I honestly don't care where they are made, because the knives are good quality, or at least every one I have handled is. Their customer service exceeded my expectations by miles. I don't have a single complaint about them, but then of course I have ACTUALLY DEALT WITH THE PRODUCTS, not just jumped on the hate train to feel special.

If they are quality and it doesn't matter where they are made than there should be no reason the company isn't transparent about it. And audi is a great high quality car. But if you dropped $60,000 on a Q5 and a week later you found out it was made by kia you would have a problem with it. Its really quite simple, some issues transcend the quality of the item in question. And some wont compromise their principles no matter how good that quality is. And if a company such as they are lies about how and where their products are made how are you to take ANYTHING they say as the truth. Now you can criticize everyone else around you who actually feels passionate about this issue but its a two way street. Some may think you are just making excuses so you don't have to admit to yourself you were ripped off. And those accusations don't feel good no matter what side of the argument you are on. I wouldn't have a single issue with Quagmirester knives being made in china or Taiwan. I just want them to be up front about it because we have a right to know.

I would like proof one way or another. I don't like the idea of a company claiming super US support when they aren't, but also won't take circumstantial evidence as fact. Argue all you want, there is NO solid proof either way, just hateraid chugging to Jared.

So the invoices for the boxes of knives from Taiwan isn't enough for you? The fact they refuse to show their production facilities doesn't raise any flags with you? What about his own father condemning Jared and his "business ethics"? I'm sorry man, it really looks like the person who didn't do their research here is you. There is something called lies by omission. The company sterilizes any conversation on social media outlets even hinting at this topic. The doubt is in the air and people want answers and they refuse to give them. If they were legit and honest the first thing they would do is put these rumors to rest. Sometimes, just sometimes a companies reputation is well earned. Some via honesty and other times by completely ignoring it.

The B/L pictured doesn't prove anything, because the madblacksmith branded knives are Chinese imports and owned by Copiousity too.

Also the same Chinese supplier , shipped knives to Mantis and Famous Trails ( both owned by the same family). Famous Trails markets low end imported knives and other cheap imports. Mantis knives have products clearly listed as made overseas and domestic.

If someone was really trying to hide the origin of their products they would simply have the B/L issued " To Order" ( no consignee name) and a freight forwarder like UPS or FedEx would be listed as the notifying party. No trace of the importing company's name. It happens all the time with products you buy everyday.

I work for a very large importer and we compile import stats from bills of lading all the time.
I'm not defending Qtrmstr , because I don't know where their knives are made , but one bill of lading for a shipment of knives doesn't prove anything.

If someone gifted me a Quartermaster I would accept and use it to get some idea of where they were at. But if they are, indeed lying, and there a giant red flags all over that they are, there's no way I would spend money to find out. Because if they're willing to lie about X, what makes them unwilling to lie about the steel they use? Or the titanium? Or their warranty?

As for having to make a good product to stay in business? Well, how long has Tylenol been sold as a pain reliever? Yeah, just did worse than placebo in a large medical study.

That's where I"m at, if you have a company that lies about even one part of their business practice, it brings the legitimacy of the rest of their business claims into question. I'm sure QTRM5TR would still be able to sell their knives if they admitted they were imports, but given how suspect their claims are I'd be less likely to buy from them now than if they admitted their knives were only assembled here.

The B/L pictured doesn't prove anything, because the madblacksmith branded knives are Chinese imports and owned by Copiousity too.

Also the same Chinese supplier , shipped knives to Mantis and Famous Trails ( both owned by the same family). Famous Trails markets low end imported knives and other cheap imports. Mantis knives have products clearly listed as made overseas and domestic.

If someone was really trying to hide the origin of their products they would simply have the B/L issued " To Order" ( no consignee name) and a freight forwarder like UPS or FedEx would be listed as the notifying party. No trace of the importing company's name. It happens all the time with products you buy everyday.

I work for a very large importer and we compile import stats from bills of lading all the time.
I'm not defending Qtrmstr , because I don't know where their knives are made , but one bill of lading for a shipment of knives doesn't prove anything.

No it doesnt. But it does raise questions. And when those questions go unanswered then that to me at least muddies the waters enough that I am weary of their claims. They very well may have thoughtt no one would be able to find out about the bill. Im sure mickey burger didnt think he was going to get tripped up either. People make mistakes. Even when trying to hide things. Its those mistakes that usually catch up to people.

No it doesnt. But it does raise questions. And when those questions go unanswered then that to me at least muddies the waters enough that I am weary of their claims. They very well may have thoughtt no one would be able to find out about the bill. Im sure mickey burger didnt think he was going to get tripped up either. People make mistakes. Even when trying to hide things. Its those mistakes that usually catch up to people.

Well since Copiousity started selling a line of imports under "madblacksmith knives", it would stand to reason that there would be a B/L showing those imports.
And if Quartermaster was sourcing all of their products off-shore , wouldn't there be more than one shipment ( that was all I could find)?

As far as Strider .... I'm a half-full kind of guy.
He turned his life around and is a successful small businessman, making knives in the US and creating jobs.

There is more than a B/L. The evidence is there. Ignore it if you want but I think to do so would be silly.

When a company shows pictures of a factory it claims as its own and there is testimony that it is not their factory, that is direct evidence that they are not truthful.

When that company claims their factory is at a given address and public record show the address is a single-family dwelling in a n area zoned for single-family occupancy, that is direct evidence that they have no factory at that address and are not truthful.

The public records of imports of Chinese knives to that company are direct evidence that the company imports Chinese knives, inconsistent with its claim that its knives are made in the U.S.A.

There is no contrary evidence.

Jury, what say you? Guilty or not guilty?

Last edited:

That's kind of where I am. Everything that people bring in as evidence is simply circumstantial at best without the proper context. You can show a wife a video of her husband hugging another woman and saying he loves her, and she will take it as evidence of him cheating. Well that other woman was his cousin he is close to and the wife just never met her.

Context is everything.

That's kind of where I am. Everything that people bring in as evidence is simply circumstantial at best without the proper context. You can show a wife a video of her husband hugging another woman and saying he loves her, and she will take it as evidence of him cheating. Well that other woman was his cousin he is close to and the wife just never met her.

Context is everything.

You can't be serious with that analogy. It doesn't fit at all. Don't you think it could be easily proven that it was the cousin?

If you like the knives fine. No need to go to such ridiculous lengths to excuse their BS practices. Just use your knives that are made in Chine but are claimed and priced like they are made in the US. Why justify it to a bunch of people that can easily see through the BS? Seems like a waste of time. Go on and be happy. You won't get much gratification here.

While I don't really care where they are made (my phone was made in China and my car was made in the US... With machines and parts from China. It's unavoidable IMO unless you make it yourself with trees you grew) and I find it plainly hilarious that the owner of the company is trying to pretend that their facility is SUPER SECRET which really just plays to their intended audience of people who are mentally 13 (while using names from shows that no teenager has heard of)... I also can't find a single one of their products aside from the QTR7 that is even of mild interest to me, and even that one looks like punishment to use.

How does this company still exist? Their products are expensive and look ridiculous, their marketing makes no sense, and I have never seen their stuff in a brick and mortar store. Who is buying these?

Well since Copiousity started selling a line of imports under "madblacksmith knives", it would stand to reason that there would be a B/L showing those imports.
And if Quartermaster was sourcing all of their products off-shore , wouldn't there be more than one shipment ( that was all I could find)?

As far as Strider .... I'm a half-full kind of guy.
He turned his life around and is a successful small businessman, making knives in the US and creating jobs.

I'm not so interested in paper trails no one has access to. I am more concerned with direct questions skirted by the company and the scrubbing of all social media mentions of it. People with nothing to hide usually would want to clear the air. Again, I don't know anything for sure. But the question remains why not clear the issue up and shut people like me up for good?

Context is everything.

Lets take your analogy and slightly modify it so that it makes some sense and see how you still feel about it. To make this relevant lets say the wife finds a receipt for an expensive dinner for two at a well known dining location. The wife asks the man for an explanation and he refuses to even talk about it despite his wife being distraught. She asks to see his phone but he erases all the data off it before giving it to her. And any time she confronts him about it there is a load of excuses but no real answers. Of course context is everything. You just need to apply it in the relatable way to have it actually be valid.

Last edited:
Back