• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Queen Customer Service

Who am I attacking? Also, it was not a "knife," they were "knives." And, you are correct, I did call to complain and any worthy company's upper management would want to hear complainst. If you call a big box company then you will not get the president of the company, but I bet if you wrote a letter to the company you would receive correspondence from upper management for sure. That is why these companies are successful Queen is not. Especially a small company like Queen; Talking to the owner would not be out of the ordinary. Man, dude, you are not accustomed to the corporate sector, are you? Also, do not forget, I was a first time customer! "A testament to Queen's openness." Ha ha . Keep buying their products and drink the cool- aide.

The attacks:

"Ryan was a complete jerk over the phone. Who says that this is only a part time job, he works a full time job and that he does not usually take calls back? He was argumentative with me and did not see it and tried to put it back on me saying I was mad about the knives. I was not mad about the knives. All he was doing was debating me.
Shortly after, I got a call from Julie at the factory. You know what she told me? She told that her and her husband, who use to work there under Ontario, came back 6 months ago (He came back. I don't know if this is her second time around) to work there and Ken asked him to come back because of quality control before. Julie was awesome and if I did buy another knife from them it would be because of her, not the Daniels family. She did not even know I spoke to Ryan. She said he just forwards all the emails to her. She went on to say that she only met Ryan once since she started there 6 months ago! The freaking guy stays in Ohio! You guys can defend Ryan, Ken, and Queen all you want, but the bottom line is that they make junk and they do not even stand behind the junk they make. No wonder foreign made products are eating some USA made products alive!! It is examples just like this? Just because Queen is small and has a tradition? Give me a break. Bye the way. I cc'd the email I made to Ryan to his father as well, and I emailed Ken about the experience I had with Ryan. Whether I am right or wrong, do you think Ken had enough integrity to email or call me back to support a potentially brand new customer? NOPE, NADA, NUNCA!"

Shortly after, I got a call from Julie at the factory. You know what she told me? She told that her and her husband, who use to work there under Ontario, came back 6 months ago (He came back. I don't know if this is her second time around) to work there and Ken asked him to come back because of quality control before. Julie was awesome and if I did buy another knife from them it would be because of her, not the Daniels family. She did not even know I spoke to Ryan. She said he just forwards all the emails to her. She went on to say that she only met Ryan once since she started there 6 months ago! The freaking guy stays in Ohio! You guys can defend Ryan, Ken, and Queen all you want, but the bottom line is that they make junk and they do not even stand behind the junk they make. No wonder foreign made products are eating some USA made products alive!! It is examples just like this? Just because Queen is small and has a tradition? Give me a break. Bye the way. I cc'd the email I made to Ryan to his father as well, and I emailed Ken about the experience I had with Ryan. Whether I am right or wrong, do you think Ken had enough integrity to email or call me back to support a potentially brand new customer? NOPE, NADA, NUNCA!"

However, in your frame of reference, you probably don't consider it an attack but "just the facts."

Do you really think members, especially paid members want to see my post copied and pasted again? Set the precedent and not attack me if you feel I am an attacker. Seems ironic. I am sorry your feelings are hurt.

Queen finally called today and said my knife will ship today.
Ha ha ha. Very nice to hear! Please let us know how it works out. I hope well! Oh, I forgot.. I received the 2 Boker Tree Brand Barlows I ordered this earlier this week (As mentioned in my earlier post). One in Bog Oak and the other in and the other in Grenadill. My first Boker purchase ever. I will get some pics. Very impressive fit and finish; They have a very slim profile though, but for the price! I am very impressed!

Last edited:
While I am not a moderator, it seems that the policies were originally put in place to prevent people from using the forums just for transacting business. It would also help to reduce the number of people who use a single purchasing experience to characterize all transactions (a lot of which together would lead to many "best ever vs worst ever" threads). Likewise, at one time there was a lot more activity throughout the forums, so people came here to check the experiences at GBU to see the experiences of others.

While I am not a moderator, it seems that the policies were originally put in place to prevent people from using the forums just for transacting business. It would also help to reduce the number of people who use a single purchasing experience to characterize all transactions (a lot of which together would lead to many "best ever vs worst ever" threads). Likewise, at one time there was a lot more activity throughout the forums, so people came here to check the experiences at GBU to see the experiences of others.
Was there a business transaction on here? And you are referring to my experience with the 2 knives I purchased?

Was there a business transaction on here? And you are referring to my experience with the 2 knives I purchased?
Yes, the issues under discussion seem to be related more to the transaction of the purchase, of which customer service is a very important part, than the product itself (the discussion of issues with the knives themselves which are a problem did not get discussed until later in the thread).

Yes, the issues under discussion seem to be related more to the transaction of the purchase, of which customer service is a very important part, than the product itself (the discussion of issues with the knives themselves which are a problem did not get discussed until later in the thread).
I briefly discussed the dealer in the beginning. I did not mention too much about the purchase, only saying that as first time purchaser of Queen and how what I spent and that the dealer took the return. All the rest was about the dialogue with Queen. Also, The moderator said no harm, no foul and moved it hear where I could discuss my experience. I said what I had to say. I have not said more.

I had a Queen knife issue on new knife a long time ago. Maybe 15 years ago. Instead of returning to dealer I decided to have Queen fix the issues. They had my knife for 6-9 months don't remember exactly. They even misplaced the knife for several weeks. Many calls for updates, finally get it back with the same issues.

I had a Queen knife issue on new knife a long time ago. Maybe 15 years ago. Instead of returning to dealer I decided to have Queen fix the issues. They had my knife for 6-9 months don't remember exactly. They even misplaced the knife for several weeks. Many calls for updates, finally get it back with the same issues.
Have you had any other Queens since then?

All the rest was about the dialogue with Queen.
Absolutely in agreement. The knives themselves were discussed in post #23, and the rest is about your customer service experience and as such is best discussed in the feedback section. I am still interested in seeing your feedback on how the matter gets resolved by Queen, if I should have a similar issue with their products at some point.

Absolutely in agreement. The knives themselves were discussed in post #23, and the rest is about your customer service experience and as such is best discussed in the feedback section. I am still interested in seeing your feedback on how the matter gets resolved by Queen, if I should have a similar issue with their products at some point.
What I was hoping would have happened is that Queen would have asked me what I would like to do moving forward. I would have asked if they could help me locate similar knives but with better fit and finish or maybe they would have had something in production that are similar to what knives I returned. If that scenario would have taken place, I would surely have made another purchase with their help. But, that did not happen, so I would have to see the knife in person before purchasing. So, We all just move on and forget about it.

Did the dealer make any offer for remedy, such as a refund on your order? If the knives are no longer in production, it sounds like the dealer may have re-sold a return or handled the knives excessively before passing them on to you.

Did the dealer make any offer for remedy, such as a refund on your order? If the knives are no longer in production, it sounds like the dealer may have re-sold a return or handled the knives excessively before passing them on to you.
I received a refund this one time but if I ordered again, I would have to go through Queen warranty. So, if I ordered a Queen from him again, I would not be able to return for any reason. If I was to order from him again and get a Queen product, I would only feel comfortable with purchasing his Trestle Pine knives, since I could not see them in person. The Trestle Pine line seems to be nice fit and finish. The Portage I have, I am pleased with.

Last edited:
I received a refund this one time but if I ordered again, I would have to go through Queen warranty. So, if I ordered a Queen from him again, I would not be able to return for any reason.

Good, you got your money back. I would be reluctant to use a mail order source for anything if there are limited returns, or if as in my case defective product that had already been returned was sent out as new/unused. The experience really reflects a bit more on the dealer than when I had first read through. I had thought that the products had been sent to Queen and they had not made an attempt at repair, but I had misread the first time around. Glad it ultimately got resolved in your favor.

Good, you got your money back. I would be reluctant to use a mail order source for anything if there are limited returns, or if as in my case defective product that had already been returned was sent out as new/unused. The experience really reflects a bit more on the dealer than when I had first read through. I had thought that the products had been sent to Queen and they had not made an attempt at repair, but I had misread the first time around. Glad it ultimately got resolved in your favor.

What was it that you received used and was classified as new/unused?

Back