Quick Question about Different Sub Fora

I believe you.
Now, try to stay on topic.
What is your question for tech support?

I have already asked it and restated it several times. Disappointingly, a clear answer was never given.

why would the rules lack of minutiae have any bearing on a newbie here to learn?

I am not speaking on the rules' lack of minutiae, I am expressing my concern that the rules are not reliable guidelines for conduct in the W&C section, as apparently one can be banned even if they abide by them entirely.

In any case, none of that has any bearing on my ability to learn here. I have been doing so and enjoying myself. In addition to reading, learning, and participating in civil, educational discourse regarding knives, I also wanted to have some fun in the off topic section. But seeing as doing so be so risky as a result of the ordinances therein being so ill defined, I will not be posting there.

One can also be bitten by the most lovable and kindest dog if they are provoked enough.

It seems that this is a case of expressed pedantry. Is it necessary from any reasonable perspective, to figuratively beat a long dead horse? No, not at all. This persistence for insight is a fruitless endeavor when you have all the information you require already delivered to you. Whether you know how to or not interpret that information is a purely personal problem, and I sincerely doubt anyone here will be able to lend assistance to such a quandary.

The information I required has been delivered to me?

I suppose that is true, but only in the sense that I now have the information required to keep me from returning to W&C, ie, a poster can essentially be taken out at any time, for any reason.

This whole situation is ridiculous, as anyone could look at the exchanges I had in that section and see that what I was saying was far tamer than the content to which it was used to respond. This is nothing but a case of people not liking the taste of their own medicine.

I suppose that is true, but only in the sense that I now have the information required to keep me from returning to W&C, ie, a poster can essentially be taken out at any time, for any reason.

It's a crazy world Klein man.

Watch out for lightning strikes, they can take you out at any time too.

1466_male_god_zeus_in_a_cloud_holdi.png

It's a crazy world Klein man.

Watch out for lightning strikes, they can take you out at any time too.

A better analogy would be this:

Scientists have convinced the population that they will remain safe from lightning strikes so long as they refrain from certain behaviors - but the reality of the situation is that even refraining from said behaviors would not protect the people from being struck.

Last edited:
A better analogy would be this:

Scientists have convinced the population that they will remain safe from lightning strikes so long as they refrain from certain behaviors - but the reality of the situation is that even refraining from said behaviors would not protect the people from being struck.

You might entirely avoid the possiblity of being struck, if your structure is adequately protected.
But where is the fun in that?
You have already intimated that you play with real swords.

You might entirely avoid the possiblity of being struck, if your structure is properly grounded.
But where is the fun in that?
You have already indicated that you play with real swords.

Are you suggesting I just bust in there again and start juggling my blade?

I think we all realize that would make for a good time - if I can generate this much interest in a support thread, imagine what would happen if kick down the door and take W&C by force.

Last edited:
But alas, it is not to be.

I am not going to get banned for ten minutes worth of getting kicks in the off topic section.

Last edited:
"First Law of Holes", its a reliable proverb.

"If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"

"The meaning behind this proverb is that if you find yourself in an untenable position you should stop and change tack, rather than carry on exacerbating it. It has been cited numerous times by other politicians and in books"

Quote from Will Rogers

"First Law of Holes", its a reliable proverb.

"If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"

"The meaning behind this proverb is that if you find yourself in an untenable position you should stop and change tack, rather than carry on exacerbating it. It has been cited numerous times by other politicians and in books"

Quote from Will Rogers

Right, and in this case I have been met with a flat refusal to define the hole.

I get it, the W&C section is governed not by the explicitly stated rules, but by unquantifiable nonsense. Despite the fact hurt that feelings are a necessary byproduct of the sort of conversation contained therein, apparently as soon as someone's feelings get hurt a moderator can wantonly define a hole, a troll, or exact an unfair toll.

I don't want any part of that.

My only consolation is that I don't think anyone there had anything for me anyway.

Last edited:
This entire thread and all of Klein Helmer's posts in it are a troll. He obviously has a very high opinion of himself. He claims that he wants to "join in", yet this thread, and all his pedantic rules lawyering makes it quite clear that he has no desire to fit in; it's certainly clear that he has no interest in enduring himself to anybody, including the moderators. Pseudo-florid writing aside, he's insulting the people on this forum and the moderators. He just wants to stir up crap, win arguments, and make himself feel superior. Otherwise, why does he care so much about the rules (whatever they may be) in the W&C forum, a place where he has said many times in this thread that he'll never go back to anyway? Because he's a troll trying to win an argument on the internet.

This entire thread and all of Klein Helmer's posts in it are a troll. He obviously has a very high opinion of himself. He claims that he wants to "join in", yet this thread, and all his pedantic rules lawyering makes it quite clear that he has no desire to fit in; it's certainly clear that he has no interest in enduring himself to anybody, including the moderators. Pseudo-florid writing aside, he's insulting the people on this forum and the moderators. He just wants to stir up crap, win arguments, and make himself feel superior. Otherwise, why does he care so much about the rules (whatever they may be) in the W&C forum, a place where he has said many times in this thread that he'll never go back to anyway? Because he's a troll trying to win an argument on the internet.

First of all, I have already gone on record as saying I don't think much of myself.

I wouldn't say I am particularly concerned with endearing myself to people on this forum, but every post I have made (apart from the W&C posts) have been courteous by design. I certainly have not insulted anyone (again, apart from in the W&C posts).

I care about those rules, because they are not in stride with the practices on this website. I am just glad I learned before it was too late, but hopefully other new members might see this thread and save themselves from trouble absent adequately described guidelines.

You are the one insulting me, and again, while I do not appreciate it, I am not going to have it out with you in the support forum. You joined in 2004, if you have any pull around here, you should push for more straightforward policies, and if you should succeed, I would eagerly be your Huckleberrry.

I think he's just too uptight to understand the concept of fuzzy logic.

I wouldn't call it fuzzy logic, but I understand well the concept of which you are speaking and know it to be flawed and dangerous.

It's sort of like the enforcement of jaywalking or seat belt laws. Many people are in violation thereof, but it all comes down the discretion of the involved officer. If they decide for no other reason than they don't like someone's face, that person is out of luck whereas someone else would have walked.

And that this sight is owned by SPARK - HPIC - there are no "I have a right to this or that here."

I never claimed any right to anything here.

My assertion was that posters should be free to post within the prescribed guidelines without fear of losing their account. And since you mention Spark, I will refer you to the quote of his I posted earlier in this thread, which unequivocally supports every position I have taken:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ttention-Halfwits!-This-is-your-final-warning

Spark:

Whine & Cheese is here for you guys to blow off steam and take the piss out of each other. It is here as a courtesy with the implied intention that W&C events do not bleed over into the rest of the forums.

It is not here so you can unload on the moderators, or start cross forum flame wars that waste my time and hurt the community.

Should this trend continue, I will be more than happy to take away this playground, and start banning those who make the moderators lives more difficult than they already are. I might even start charging entry fees to get into certain area's of the site, or limit certain people's access to very private exclusive forums.

So, from the bottom of my dark, black heart, (edited by KH for content likely unfit for the support section).

After a while we just might get a little tired of someone who has been banned for poor behavior on other forums.

Just use your common sense, this is a community. As far as drawing lines to make rules, if you keep this in mind you will be fine.

If behavior is detrimental to this community it will eventually be eliminated on this forum. If behavior contributes to this community there will be no problems.

Should seem pretty simple to a reasonable person.

After a while we just might get a little tired of someone who has been banned for poor behavior on other forums.

Just use your common sense, this is a community. As far as drawing lines to make rules, if you keep this in mind you will be fine.

If behavior is detrimental to this community it will eventually be eliminated on this forum. If behavior contributes to this community there will be no problems.

Should seem pretty simple to a reasonable person.

I'm trying to be a reasonable person, but all of the inconsistencies and qualifications are making this anything but simple.

Let's pare this down the its core.

I have every intention of behaving in a contributory fashion in the serious fora.

I also want to be able to respond in kind if people snipe at me in the W&C section.

Can I do so?

Yes or No?

Back