Quick Question about Different Sub Fora

Should I feel bad? I actually tried to help him at first.

Its simple if you post positive things about knives you like or hatchets or swords or whatever and don't go picking a fight you will do fine. Its not an extremely difficult concept to grasp. Don't intentionally try to piss people off and your good. Treat the forums (all of them) like your visiting a friends house and relax and enjoy. Take a dump on the living room carpet and people get annoyed. After you interact nicely with folks and get to know them you can tease them. Walk in without knowing anyone and instantly picking a fight just gets you hammered.

edited to add since hes already banned. oh well never mind.

Its simple if you post positive things about knives you like or hatchets or swords or whatever and don't go picking a fight you will do fine. Its not an extremely difficult concept to grasp. Don't intentionally try to piss people off and your good. Treat the forums (all of them) like your visiting a friends house and relax and enjoy. Take a dump on the living room carpet and people get annoyed. After you interact nicely with folks and get to know them you can tease them. Walk in without knowing anyone and instantly picking a fight just gets you hammered.

edited to add since hes already banned. oh well never mind.

I honestly think picking a fight in W&C wasn't the real problem, it was that he was so boring. If he had at least been a little interesting people would have tolerated him more.

For all of his talk about how everyone there is too thin skinned it sure didn't take him long to run over here to cry to the mods.

I have a feeling he'll be back. He needs the attention.

I'm betting that he's probably already reading this now.

It would stand to reason that if you were that narcisistic in the first place,
that you would need to already have a second account set up ahead of time,
so you could read the aftermath immediately upon being banned.

I'm betting that he's probably already reading this now.

It would stand to reason that if you were that narcisistic in the first place,
that you would need to already have a second account set up ahead of time,
so you could read the aftermath immediately upon being banned.

Possibly, but one can read this section (and most!) without an account, or being logged in to an existing one.

It's the posting it's after, however, and whatever plans it has made/makes for attempting a continued presence here should prove easily identifiable.

~ P.

I do not disagree with the end result -- but I am not convinced he was consciously trolling, as evinced by his own example:

I wouldn't call it fuzzy logic, but I understand well the concept of which you are speaking and know it to be flawed and dangerous.

It's sort of like the enforcement of jaywalking or seat belt laws. Many people are in violation thereof, but it all comes down the discretion of the involved officer. If they decide for no other reason than they don't like someone's face, that person is out of luck whereas someone else would have walked.

He completely reversed the inherent meaning behind his own example.
If you are breaking the law (or violating a forum rule that requires a bit of fuzzy logic/contextual interpretation) and the officer (or mod) lets you go with a friendly warning, this is the authority figure being nice.
If they instead give you a ticket (or chicklet), this is them following the stated rules, not an arbitrary punishment "for no other reason than they don't like your face".
The person who walks is generally the one who is polite and respectful rather than the one who is trying to cajole/bully/argue their way out of the hole they dug by breaking the rules -- even if it was unknowingly.

Possibly, but one can read this section (and most!) without an account, or being logged in to an existing one.

It's the posting it's after, however, and whatever plans it has made/makes for attempting a continued presence here should prove easily identifiable.

~ P.

What new font will it choose?

I am not convinced he was consciously trolling

He was textbook perfect.
If he could have just successfully cornered anyone on the rules, getting for example a direct answer yes or no, it would have then gone straight to the dogs.
As it was the BF staff handled it spectacularly.
I'm proud to be a member here, like I've often said, I've learned about a whole lot more than just knives...

I like how theres almost a counter troll squad of W&C frequenters that sort of close in on the trolls and than the staff ( well, some of them find them too) either warn, ban, or lock whatever thing happened, its a very entertaining and efficient (at least from my end it looks like its efficient) method of troll weeding. :thumbup:

On a side note, you were a mod once Marcinek?

I like how theres almost a counter troll squad of W&C frequenters that sort of close in on the trolls and than the staff ( well, some of them find them too) either warn, ban, or lock whatever thing happened, its a very entertaining and efficient (at least from my end it looks like its efficient) method of troll weeding. :thumbup:

We are the world....

There comes a time when we hear a certain call.

When the world must come together as one...............:)

[video=youtube;Zi0RpNSELas]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Zi0RpNSELas[/video]

So what was the reason for his special font?

but I am not convinced he was consciously trolling,

I'm sure of it.

If you goggle his first post in WnC, you will see that he used the exact same intro, cut and paste in several forums over several years.
The forum topics range was quite wide and unrelated, Also note that he was banned from all those previous forums.

The cut and paste explains that font.

I don't know why, but I am a compulsive Ban reader.

When I see a member has been banned, I nearly always follow the bread crumbs and see what went down.

Oft times I get to watch live. I have wasted more time here following the Ban Trail (in all of its various forms).

I'm sure of it.

If you goggle his first post in WnC, you will see that he used the exact same intro, cut and paste in several forums over several years.
The forum topics range was quite wide and unrelated, Also note that he was banned from all those previous forums.

The cut and paste explains that font.

you and MP may be right - or he may merely be mentally impaired enough he truly doesn't understand.
Either way, the ban was a correct action.

Back