Random Photo Thread!

Good stuff, I like it Xander! I used to be into calligraphy but my writing with a regular pen is awful.

I was reading about the tilt shift too... maybe in my D3100 manual? cool stuff

Now that I have a decent setup I need to get some local landscape photography!

Tilt/shift is done with specific lenses that tilt (bend) and shift the front element out of collum. Liam would be better at explaining their uses as he uses them. Otherwise, there are emulators or digital filters for applying the effect. Its really cool when the picture is looking down on a scene from a high vantage point, makes things look like toys or miniatures.

I remember seeing a really cool video on YT about a guy who shot a series of a major construction project on his large format camera with tilt/shift induced and put it into a time lapse video. I'll see if I can dig it up.

-X

Here is a video done in tilt/shift, showing the effect of making things look minature. This isn't the one I remembered, but is a good one. The lenses are commonly used in architectural photography to make images of building that appear straight, not tapered. Moving the focal plane parallel to the subject plane.

[Youtube]603iVnXZMH0[/youtube]

-X

New toys!

Nikkormat FT with 55 Micro-Nikkor P, Marsand leather hard bag, made is USA. A bunch of other goodies in there, but I haven't gone through them yet.

2014-02-07%2011.27.42-1_zpslmwnpiub.jpg

-Xander

Aye - the Sony with the vintage Olympus F 25/4 on it.

And in this case, they did know - it's my wife and son. But it wouldn't matter - I'd take the picture anyway. :)

Fake aviator goggles on his winter hat - he loves it. Might have to get him a real pair when he gets older. Diesel Punk!

Back