Random Thought Thread

My mother is Buddhist. One day, when I was 27 years old, she sat me down and said: "I'm worried about you.. you don't seem happy. If you had a billion dollars and never had to worry about work or bills, what would you be doing?"

One deep sigh later I replied: "I'd bribe the US Army to train me as an Apache pilot and let me loose."

As a Buddhist, she was not expecting this reply. 3 weeks later I joined the US Army.

That was when she decided her work with me was done. Any more adjustments might spoil the broth.. in a sense.

How's that for random?

Pretty random. But what is definitely not random is your post count representing the Number of the Beast :eek:

IMG_20170816_232228_edit.png

She's all ready for me. I'm thinking I'll likely not want to go back to a normal pickup bed after this.

View attachment 750727

I worked out in Colorado for a while. Everybody out there runs flatbeds. It actually makes a lot more sense once you get used to the idea. Stake sides for when you need them, wide open space when you don't. Considerably more real estate to work with than the standard pickup bed.

if you feel inclined to comment in that thread, I expect great wit, presented politely

My mother is Buddhist. One day, when I was 27 years old, she sat me down and said: "I'm worried about you.. you don't seem happy. If you had a billion dollars and never had to worry about work or bills, what would you be doing?"

One deep sigh later I replied: "I'd bribe the US Army to train me as an Apache pilot and let me loose."

As a Buddhist, she was not expecting this reply. 3 weeks later I joined the US Army.

That was when she decided her work with me was done. Any more adjustments might spoil the broth.. in a sense.

How's that for random?

Did you manage to get into an Apache?

My dog farts. Audibly.
Your timing is impeccable. My g/f and I have had our dog, Ikorus, for over 7 years. In that time, we have smelled the evidence of his gaseous behavior - but neither of us have ever heard him "in the act".

The other night - he heard a noise downstairs and started barking. After his round of barks was concluded, a tiny fart escaped. A classic, stereotypical fart sound. I heard it, Sandy heard it - and Ikorus also heard it. He immediately turned around and sniffed his region to confirm "Yes, that weird sound just emitted from me!" I couldn't tell if he was scared or embarrassed, but he curled up pretty quickly with a weird look of shame on his face.

Sandy and I were cracking-up for a good 5 minutes - since it was the first time in over 7 years that we had heard that. Ikorus was not amused.

The culprit:
20170306_095626.1.jpg

Your timing is impeccable. My g/f and I have had our dog, Ikorus, for over 7 years. In that time, we have smelled the evidence of his gaseous behavior - but neither of us have ever heard him "in the act".

The other night - he heard a noise downstairs and started barking. After his round of barks was concluded, a tiny fart escaped. A classic, stereotypical fart sound. I heard it, Sandy heard it - and Ikorus also heard it. He immediately turned around and sniffed his region to confirm "Yes, that weird sound just emitted from me!" I couldn't tell if he was scared or embarrassed, but he curled up pretty quickly with a weird look of shame on his face.

Sandy and I were cracking-up for a good 5 minutes - since it was the first time in over 7 years that we had heard that. Ikorus was not amused.

The culprit:
20170306_095626.1.jpg

LMAO that face just oozes guilt.

Jo's idiot doberdachshund sucks at breathing. Breathing. She isn't assembled correctly of the right parts. She snores even when she's awake. She'll look at you and snore. I think sometimes she does it on purpose. Sadie is an asshole.

Jo's idiot doberdachshund sucks at breathing. Breathing. She isn't assembled correctly of the right parts. She snores even when she's awake. She'll look at you and snore. I think sometimes she does it on purpose. Sadie is an asshole.

Between you with this and Lorien's posting in that awful wrench turd knife I'm giggling like a little kid and the wife is giving me weird looks.

random thought this morning: we had MTV when I was a kid. Back then they played music videos. It was pretty cool.

Back