Attention Snow Pea & Tin GAW.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would like to do a GAW and have a little fun in the process.

We are going to giveaway 4 (four) CBW Snow Peas and their tins.
The dimensions are
3 5/8" L
2 1/4" W
3/4" H
2v2JSfCpdxurAoi.jpg

What do I have to do to enter?

Simple, Say “I’m in!” & build your idea of the ultimate “Altoids” tin survival kit sans knife/cutting tool. Post it up here.

Is that all?

Well….almost. The winner(s) must be willing to build an identical kit and send it to an entrant of their choosing.

Really? That’s weird!

Maybe, but there is going to be 2 winners. Each winner will receive a 1(one)Snow Pea & tin to keep and 1(one) to send on to a participant of their choosing with their items included.

Who decides who the two winners are?

Kevin Estela of Estela Wilderness Education and the “KE” in the “KEBushie”.

How long do I have to assemble this kit of awesomeness?

The 2 winners will be chosen July 2nd. This will give everyone 2 weeks to build their kit.

Ready….Set….Go!!:):):)

Last edited:
The Snow Pea is guardless, so I am in.

What are the inside dimensions of the tin for those of us who want to play by the rules?

Thanks for the giveaway opportunity!

Phil

+1 The Snow Pea is guardless, so I am in.

What are the inside dimensions of the tin for those of us who want to play by the rules?

The Snow Pea is guardless, so I am in.

Thanks for the giveaway opportunity!

Phil

+1 The Snow Pea is guardless, so I am in.

We measured a regulation Altoids tin when we ordered them. Ill get the actual numbers tomorrow

Points for creativity folks. The Altoids tin kit idea has been around for a while. If you rehash old ideas, you won't impress me. How you define "survival" is up to you. Your kit can be focused on one survival need, built around a specific scenario, can be humorous and light-hearted, but it should be original. The Snow Pea is a great little knife and it is an excellent emergency back up blade.

If you post up a good rationale for your kit items, it will improve your chances. I don't want to just know what, I want to hear your why.

If you post up a picture with anything below your waist (and I'm not just talking about your toes) in the picture with the kit components, you may be disqualified.

Good luck with your submissions.

Kev "KE"

I'm in. Not sure what I've got to survive other than the heat and weeds in my lawn and flower beds. May just fill it with round-up or sedgehammer and freeze it.

Man, I wish I had some expendable funds. I'm a bit of a "minimalist EDC" guy: small tools, small gadgets, etc. It would be fun to get in on this, but I don't have the cash on hand to build my "Ultimate Altoids Tin" much less, two. Once the contest is over, I'll see if anyone here has the same idea as me, and if not, I'll post up my idea for a kit.

Great idea, Fiddleback Crew! I'm very excited to watch this develop! Good luck to all entrants!

Man, I wish I had some expendable funds. I'm a bit of a "minimalist EDC" guy: small tools, small gadgets, etc. It would be fun to get in on this, but I don't have the cash on hand to build my "Ultimate Altoids Tin" much less, two. Once the contest is over, I'll see if anyone here has the same idea as me, and if not, I'll post up my idea for a kit.

Great idea, Fiddleback Crew! I'm very excited to watch this develop! Good luck to all entrants!
You could walk around the Dollar Store and see what you could find. Its not the most "expensive" challenge...if worst comes to worst..ill cover it:thumbsup:...no worries:)

You could walk around the Dollar Store and see what you could find. Its not the most "expensive" challenge...if worst comes to worst..ill cover it:thumbsup:...no worries:)

That's incredibly generous of you (of which, I've experienced already), but my "Ultimate Altoids Tin" is a bit more Urban/Suburban-survival focused; more techtool focused than Wilderness-survival focused. Tech is expensive, especially when a small form-factor is necessary. ;) I've honestly not done enough research to know if what I'm thinking of is even in production.

I'm in!

Can you post a straight on picture of the Snow Pea (maybe next to ruler), so I can include it in my kit pictorial.

Thanks to Kevin for clarification and Phillip for dimensions.

Cool. I'm excited to see how this goes. It sounds fun. The Snow Pea has gotten almost no attention at all yet, and I think its a cool little bugger.

Seems like I have some additional homework this weekend...

I have some ideas for this... we'll see I can find time to put something together. Thanks for the opportunity!

I'm in. This will be fun. Is the altoid box the standard size altoid box and not the mini variation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back