Attention Snow Pea & Tin GAW.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to bed before I heard back from Kevin last night
swonut swonut & Comprehensivist Comprehensivist you are the winners!

bikerector bikerector you were right in there. Honestly, it ultimately came down to the fact that I only have 4 Snow Peas available:(
email me at phillip@fiddlebackforge.com and I'll send you something

Thanks everyone for participating!!!

First of all, thanks for the contest, it was fun and no cars were harmed in the making of my post. (but that was my son's sweet ride, and no, it won't just buff right out....)

I've chosen bikerector bikerector (not sure why people put the @ sign before the name, but it seems like all the cool kids are doing it these days) as the recipient of the second kit that I'll be making and passing along. Not sure I'd want to go to all that work for a sip of tepid water from a spoon, but hey, it's not like I'd have to get through a hundred emails or worry about cooking dinner.

Sorry I missed the deadline and congrats to the winner!

Here is what i'm working on for my disqualified tin

Here's what is in the tin:

-A mini resealable plastic bag filled with vaseline. This will lay flat in the tin. The vaseline will be used for medicinal purposes (minor scrapes or cracking skin) as well as for fire starting purposes. In a pinch, where tinder may not light, a very small amount of this vaseline will burn well.

-Two un-lubricrated, un-scented, un-flavored, un-chemically treated condoms. These can be used for water storage and for carrying from a stream back to your shelter.

-Mostly flat, sealed row of 25 mg dyphenhydramine pills (benadryl) for emergency anti-histamine use

-Wound up and compressed braided fishing line for use with included hook. This may also be used for floss and general dental hygiene, as well as drying your socks.

-Small tube of "liquid stitches" medical super glue to close up tiny knife accidents

- Tiny compass to help make your way back to the trail or to find your true north

-Plain firesteel, 1 - 2" or as long as the pack will allow

-2 q tips for ears, eyes, or nose.

-1 Paperclip for lock-picking or keeping your documents in order

-Any remaining space i'm filling with candy for a quick boost

First of all, thanks for the contest, it was fun and no cars were harmed in the making of my post. (but that was my son's sweet ride, and no, it won't just buff right out....)

I've chosen bikerector bikerector (not sure why people put the @ sign before the name, but it seems like all the cool kids are doing it these days) as the recipient of the second kit that I'll be making and passing along. Not sure I'd want to go to all that work for a sip of tepid water from a spoon, but hey, it's not like I'd have to get through a hundred emails or worry about cooking dinner.

Thanks bro.

The intent of the spoon wasn't originally for the distillation but more because that is the hard part of making a spoon and I've never successfully carved a useful spoon while practicing bushcraft techniques in the backyard or backwoods. I ground in some notches so it could easily be tied into a split stick, which is easier to carve. Kind of like making an arrow the old school way.

I included the handle of the spoon because it fit and I didn't know what else to do with it... really didn't want the wife to know I took a dremel to one of the spoons in our silverware drawer though.

I am going to award my 2nd Snow Pea kit to R RobbieB .

While I greatly admire the spartan quality of your two choices, I am concerned that they have a very limited shelf life. Once the bourbon is quickly gone, @k_estela will have moved on before first light to answer the call of duty elsewhere. There are many lost and helpless souls who need his services. The last rumor I heard was that he was helping a very pretty young lady in thermal distress by showing her an exotic friction fire technique that involves no sticks. :D Such is the demanding life of a SuperHero Outdoorsman...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Meanwhile Robbie, you will wake up hungover and alone (hopefully not naked & afraid.) I think the extra gear and coffee in your new kit will help you get safely home in time for Fiddleback Friday. ;)

Phil

Last edited:
I am going to award my 2nd Snow Pea kit to R RobbieB .

While I greatly admire the spartan quality of your two choices, I am concerned that they have a very limited shelf life. Once the bourbon is quickly gone, @k_estela will have moved on before first light to answer the call of duty elsewhere. There are many lost and helpless souls that need his services. The last rumor I heard was that he was helping a very pretty young lady in thermal distress by showing her an exotic friction fire technique that involves no sticks. :D Such is the demanding life of a SuperHero Outdoorsman...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Meanwhile Robbie, you will wake up hungover and alone (hopefully not naked & afraid.) I think the extra gear and coffee in your new kit will help you get safely home in time for Fiddleback Friday. ;)

Phil
Many thanks. You're cracking me up.

Man, that turned out really well. Love the folks that were chosen by the winners. They really deserved it. Thanks so much for participating folks. This thread was a lot of fun to read and follow!

Thank you swonut swonut for sending the snow pea and urban survival kit and thanks to Fiddleback Fiddleback , VANCE VANCE , the folks at Cummins Bladeworks and all involved for the giveaway.

RoWXjOIl.jpg

I received my Snow Pea Survival Kit (SPSK) a few days ago, and just found some time to take pictures. I encourage everyone to go back and read Comprehensivist Comprehensivist 's post, he's a funny guy. Anyway, thank you Phil, VANCE VANCE , Fiddleback Fiddleback , all the guys making the Cumming Bladeworks knives and everyone who participated here. Fiddleback fans are a group of thoughtful, colorful, creative, humorous and all-around great people. I'm honored and thankful to have gotten to know you guys just a little. Now, on to the pictures...

42925197664_5b3d461df3_b.jpg

29772055758_64215043ae_b.jpg

41834189290_e87e94dd11_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back