SR-! Mini...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You Giannilion for keeping up with this tread. Might we see this knife available in 2012? And is a damascus version also in the works for this knife? Thank you again for your time.

We have just bought a new CNC milling machine, four axis working.
We will introduce the SR-2 after we have it in LionSteel, May 2012.
With this new CNC machine we can have a better ergonomic Titanium handle.
Our goal is to have samples at Blade Show 2012.

Yeeeeesssss, I can't wait no more. My son has the orange Alu-version and it is wonderful cutting-tool ....

Regards from Germany
Ronny

YAY!!! I think the ~7" mark for this would be PERFECT! I am truly looking forward to one of these. :thumbup:

I'm really hoping this knife will be very similar to the SR-1 other than being a smaller version. The stout build construction of the SR-1 seems to be overlooked when people discuss heavy-use knives. Having owned CRKs, ZTs, Striders and Hinderers, I can comfortably say the SR-1 is at least on par, if not more stout than the knives I owned from those companies. A smaller built version should be viewed in a similar way when compared to 3"XM-18s , PTs and Small Sebenzas.

That's good to read. Can we expect the new model to be made of one piece titanium like the Sr-1? I, for one, sure hope so!
You are not alone, I am really hoping for the 1-piece Ti handle too. The handle of the SR-1 is art and I truly hope to see the same machining on the SR-mini.

You are not alone, I am really hoping for the 1-piece Ti handle too. The handle of the SR-1 is art and I truly hope to see the same machining on the SR-mini.
yes it will.
SR-2 will be made starting from a solid block of Titanium, but using a four axis CNC machine. More ergonomic handle.

It's sounding good! Would you consider a bead-blasted finish on the handle to make it slightly more grippy?

It's sounding good! Would you consider a bead-blasted finish on the handle to make it slightly more grippy?

We are also thinking to add some insert on the handle for grip.... but we would like have some feedback.

No inserts please. Make it simple. Improve the grip just by sculpting (texture: e.g. similar sort of pattern like on the flashlights = knurling) or bead-blasting (or different surface finish that is grippy)

e.g. CRKT Eros has titanium handle but very grippy thanks to knurling. It has holes also, but they are pain to clean. So please make the texture easy to clean (I mean no useless holes).

Please no inserts. I am really, really hoping for a mini-SR1, I want no changes but size. The SR-1 is a great knife, I am really looking forward to a small version of it with no changes other than size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back