SR-! Mini...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are also thinking to add some insert on the handle for grip.... but we would like have some feedback.

For me, I wouldn't be a fan of inserts and would actually think twice of buying a knife with them. I don't think the knife needs them for a second and they tend to take away from the simple beauty of working knives, in my opinion.

I think an insert would take away from the simple beauty of the knife. A blasted texture should provide plenty of grip. Can't wait to see this mini SR-1!

I agree with everyone else. Part of what made the SR-1 so great in the first place is the handle. It's beautiful in its simplicity and I would rather have no inserts on the mini.

I agree no inserts. I would like to see a steel upgrade though.

Nothing much wrong with Sliepner but M390 or Elmax would be a great improvement and have a wider apeal IMO.

A ball bearing pivot would be nice too :D

no insert+1
the main reason I love sr1 is the simplicity of design
what make me linger around so long is the size(little bit too large) and the blade steel(I live in a high moisture place)

No no no...l'impugnatura in titanio monoblocco perforata non e' da toccare, secondo me...invece un SR-1 con lama sotto i 3" od a flipper (magari IKBS), quello si!

I agree, no inserts - monoblock Ti with drilled spine is the ultimate beauty. Mini-SR or flipper-SR (IKBS bearing, maybe)...now that would be interesting to see!

Erminio

If its the exact same but smaller, I'll buy two. I held a SR1 the other day and its way too big for me, but amaaazing otherwise. I want a small one!

Still very hopeful for this (SR-2?). I am really hoping that some news can come out of Blade, is LionSteel going be at Blade? Regardless, is there any news on this project?
Thanks, and please keep this alive.

Alex

Was thinking about this today... cannot wait :). I am hopeful for Christmas, Gianni do you think this is possible?

YES! I am getting really impatient now. I remember the first time a 3" was mentioned back in 2010. I love my SR-1, but it is a little too much to carry in both size and weight.

PLEASE make it a one piece ti frame and lock!! If it is has an insert, I'm not going to buy it. Make it California concealed carry legal by making the blade length 2.98". Oops, sorry, I mean 75.69mm.

Also, maybe name it "sr-1" in lower case for the smaller model.

Hope something is coming soon!!!! I am having new knife shopping withdrawals since I got the CRK small Sebenzas I like.

Thanks for listening Gianni.

Good news... :)
You have me very curious my friend.
I am hoping that good news means that Christmas eta is attainable, but I would take sooner too ;). I am truly looking forward to a smaller SR-1, I love the SR-1 but find it just a little too big to carry.
Thank you for making this!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back