The Anvil Shed, The spot to shoot the breeze.

Buddy of mine just sent this to me.

I think he was trying to impress you with a little PhotoMagic. Note that his fingers don't come around to grip the antler.

That's because his hand is at least a foot behind that antler. Even so, his right hand looks twice as big as his left.

Nice elk anyway. :)

Omg. Its not a fake. Wtf

Judging by the body size of that Bull I think he could have developed head gear that impressive. I spent a lot of time in Colorado & Wyoming when I was younger and have seen some Elk get pretty large if they live long enough. If you look closely in the photo you can see the tips of his fingers on the right hand,he's only propping up
the head for the photo. Looking at his left hand he has short thick fingers, I doubt if he could reach around a main beam that thick.
Only my opinion from looking at the picture. Also the lucky hunter looks like a fairly good size guy, comparing him to the animal with him I say yeah the picture is legit.

LOL! Nobody said it was fake.

I said it's a nice elk.

By positioning himself farther back behind the elk, your friend is just using the natural distortion of the camera lens to make himself look smaller and the elk look bigger.

Just ask him.

Note that his right thumb looks almost as big as his whole left hand.

LOL! Nobody said it was fake.

I said it's a nice elk.

By positioning himself farther back behind the elk, your friend is just using the natural distortion of the camera lens to make himself look smaller and the elk look bigger.

Just ask him.

Note that his right thumb looks almost as big as his whole left hand.

Who cares?!?!?!

It's a cool pic Makael. Your buddy should be proud of that one....

My buddy shot a wolf.

wolf_3.jpg

where was the wolf shot? What part of the country?

Its a real pic. Not photo shopped or modified. Cody is a good sized guy and that is a hell of an Elk.

Last edited:
No need for PhotoShop on your buddy's pic......just moving farther back away from the elk is all that's needed.

Google "Huge Elk" and click "images" and you'll see that most elk pictures are done in the same manner. Why? I guess to make them look even more impressive than they already are........anyhow, nice elk and needs no help from anyone.

Last edited:
Amazing elk!!

We've got some monsters here in KY though it's primarily lottery drawn hunts. I put my money in every year... I'm close to breaking down and paying one of the auction fundraisers.

WP_20140813_002.jpg

Dang MT...that looks like the ol' 96er from "The Great Outdoors". Funny movie :thumbsup:

Just watched that the other night! Classic!

That is a 45oz bone in ribeye from a place called "Meat and Potatoes" in Pittsburgh. Compare the size to the $20 bill, not the guy sitting a foot or so behind it...lol

It's one of my favorites :thumbsup:

That looks fantastic. Are you from the Pittsburgh area?

No, but I'm there on business several times a year. It's a great foodie city, for sure!

Some of the guys I go to camp with are from that area. Really great bunch of guys. I'm from the Poconos but now live in a horrible place called New Jersey. I think I'd be willing to drive out there just for that steak (and to get out of Jersey)...

The food is always a high point when it comes to my trips to Pitt.

Meat and Potatoes will not disappoint. For a piece of cow that size, it was cooked perfectly from the first bite to the last...
WP_20140813_004 (1).jpg

(Photo before I picked the bone up and gnawed every last bit from it...lol)

WP_20140813_005.jpg

Back