The Anvil Shed, The spot to shoot the breeze.

David,

I have always thought that is a good idea. Just be glad you don't live a little to the north in Colorado. Entrapment of roof runoff in rain barrels is not legal there.

Bert

I see it done a lot here and encouraged. To use the water a second time seems to make good sense. Save it for a nonrainy day. DM

Highest elevation in the continental US....Mount Whitney.

Hey, I've been there.

And puked at around 14,400!!!

When were you there? Which route did you take?

We went up the Mountaineers route but got badly off track early in the am and that caused a long delay. Very long, gratifying day with great friends. What a place.

Totem Bight State Park, Ketchikan, AK - July 2016

And the 301 that accompanied me. :)

Last edited:
Hey, I've been there.

And puked at around 14,400!!!

When were you there? Which route did you take?

We went up the Mountaineers route but got badly off track early in the am and that caused a long delay. Very long, gratifying day with great friends. What a place.

That climb was at the end of a 2 1/2 week hike of the John Muir Trail.
It was actually easy for me because I started on the north end of the trail at about 4,500" elevation, so I slowly built up for the increased elevation over those two weeks.

I liked climbing Mount Whitney, but I liked the northern end of the John Muir Trail much better.
I climbed it in September, 2004.

The bottom of a lake in Montana.

rKYQinH.jpg

No comments about the Montana lake bottom?
Okay, how about a flower I saw along the Appalachian Trail.

It appears nobody is into Tlingit totem poles either.

Beautiful lake bed and flower. I hope you grabbed one of the rocks for a pet. :)

Okay, Mark, I like the rocks. I have an artist friend who now lives in Santa Fe and did a whole series of super-realistic paintings of rocks underwater. Sometimes for variation he would even have a few breaking the surface. That's also a great shot of a Canada Lily (Lilium canadense).

Bert

Last edited:
The Montana lake bottom must something to see in person. Fantastic colors. Totem poles surrounded by pine trees, well that just makes the imagination run wild. The flower is nice too. Great pics!

Well, if we're going to immortalize off topic stuff. I say let's start with my new Roadster.

Like Buck Knives the Sportie is another American Icon. Standing the test of time in the face of more modern competition.

Purdy, aint't she!

Looks like Abraham Lincoln with his top hat on top of the closest totem pole. :)

Alaska has always been one of those destinations on my list, but haven't carved out the time for it just yet.
I was camping in northern Minnesota about 30 years ago and a guy stopped off on a motorcycle packed for a long trip.
He was on his way to Alaska. I've wondered enviously how that trip went for him.

Alaska and Hawaii are the only two states I haven't spent any time in.

Bert, I just might post another picture or two of some flowers I've seen backpacking so you can tell me what they are.

David, you could have filled that cistern here in Florida yesterday. My rain gauge had 4 3/4" for Sunday.

Nice bike,
Funny I don't feel sticky.
Might already be a thread on this but what knives would you like to see Buck make?
I would like a fixed blade version of the Vantage.
Also a Reaper XL with a 8"-8.5" blade.

Everyone likes steak, right?

How about a 32oz bone-in ribeye?

Yeah... me too...

^^^^^ Really great looking bike... not that I would change it, but does it come factory with an option for spoked wheels?

Well, LostViking, that Roadster looks a little more refined than the '52 Model K Sportster I had many years ago.

Bert

Pokt, what happened to the ribeye? Were those ears of corn on the left? And gone are the mushrooms. DM

DM - those were giant steak fries on the left. The steak, fries, mushrooms, marrow, and a Chilean Malbec were razed by myself and one other. If you ever find yourself in Pittsburgh, "Meat & Potatoes" is the place. They recently removed the 32 from the menu in favor of a 45oz behemoth. Not for the faint of heart, but tasty by any measure.

Back