The Anvil Shed, The spot to shoot the breeze.

That looks to be Espanola- Santa Fe area. More toward the northern half of the state. You've been in some rough and scenic country. Good photos. I'm guessing you've done the entire Continental Divide Trail. The last 90 miles is in the flat and different typography. DM

David, the best I can remember is that these were taken on the north side of the Ghost Ranch/Abiquiu area.
I think I walked south down through that canyon in the second picture into Ghost Ranch.

I have walked all of NM from the Mexican border into CO on the CDT, then WY and MT. I still have most of CO to do.
The NM part was 660 miles and I enjoyed every minute of it. You live in my favorite state! :)

I've been saying for 20 years that I would retire to Northern New Mexico.....20 more and we'll see what happens.

When I first saw it, I liked it. But traveling through the Gila Wilderness did me in. I was ready to move from west TX.. Then the green chiles in salsa put the finishing touches to it. I don't regret it. DM

I have walked all of NM from the Mexican border into CO on the CDT, then WY and MT. I still have most of CO to do.
The NM part was 660 miles and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Stumps, I'm impressed beyond words with your hiking accomplishments.

Would you mind posting or pointing towards your standard packing list if that is possible?

My kids on last weekend's get away in NH. Pretty "moosey" bog area in the northern Presidentials.
Untitled by Pinnah, on Flickr

Here they are just before we drop below treeline in pretty good weather for our neck of the woods.
Untitled by Pinnah, on Flickr

My daughter is looking for a caretaking position for next summer. It's cool to see the love of wild places taking root.

Tony, Good Luck, Time is fickle. I use to say that about the very northern border of Ark. along the lakes. But Mart, Branson and BassP. happened. Now its the only place I know where every retirement neighborhood has there own Helipad for medical helio's, Some private homes do also....300

Great pictures so far everyone. I unfortunately can do very little hiking anymore, but I do enjoy all the pictures you guys post.

Craters of the Moon National Park, south central Idaho. Nice weather while we were there for mid July. More to come later.

Part of the 7 mile loop through the park. Looking across one of the lava flows. Some flows go to the horizon.

Some cool ;) scenery

I love the hiking and out door pics you guys are posting. Do some kayaking on inland lakes and rivers. We are only 1 mile from lake Michigan so we get a lot of time on the water and on the beach. I've been to Colorado twice on mountain biking, hiking and camping trips. Love fishing in Wisconsin for Crappie and Musky. Love traveling in upper Michigan along the coast and hope to do a UP trip someday.
However, my hobby before I got into Buck knives was/is audio. Love music and after a few digital set ups I tried vinyl. I carried my small vinyl collection from home>college>home>first house>>>and it got me started.
I love it and my two sons & I have accumulated a small record collection of praly 500 LP's. We also have three turntables. I converted a basement room into more of a listening room vs. a man cave. Tried to isolate sound as best I could with suspended double drywall, etc. I'll post a few pics of this passion.

The venerable Technics 1200 (manual-have to position the arm, drop and manual return)

A pawn shop Denon 47F sporting a Grado Black with upgraded stylus. (full auto - press a button and it starts and stops)

My favorite a JVC QL-A7 with same Grado stylus. (semi-auto - manual position and drop then auto return)
Isolation is key with vinyl.

mail call, pawn shop finds, shows, ala vinyl style

Yes, that is an original Beatles White Album with all the inserts.

This is some real cool colored vinyl of my favorite band, Pink Floyd. Ironically, my oldest son owns them.

A little listening session refreshment.

Final view from the listening position.

I have a desk and computer set up behind this shot. We boys come down, research knives, clean carbon of metal parts in the back room, polish and sharpen our Bucks...
That is a a NCC - 1701 D hanging over the right speaker.

Love a verity of music from Stravinsky, Mozart, Tchaikovsky to Miles Davis, Brubeck, to Joel, John, Lovett, Lightfoot, Manilow, to Supertramp, all FLOYD, to all VanHalen, U2, Tool, etc, etc.

Love IS sacrifice, but take a minute to enjoy yourself and rejuvenate for tomorrow.

My work bench is in the basement, next to the oil furnace. I listen to MP3s on shuffle on my iPhone. That's sort of the same, right? 😄

Need to talk to my wife about some upgrades.

My work bench is in the basement, next to the oil furnace. I listen to MP3s on shuffle on my iPhone. That's sort of the same, right? 😄

Need to talk to my wife about some upgrades.

Yes, it is. It's all about enjoying the music. Heh, similarly, I guess a $5.99 edc would work for 99% of us too.

Nice Hi Fidelity system. :D

Vinyl on a good turntable has a nice warm and real sound. I miss it. Those speakers look really nice too, what kind are they? What do you have driving them back there?

Great man cave!

Nice Hi Fidelity system. :D

Vinyl on a good turntable has a nice warm and real sound. I miss it. Those speakers look really nice too, what kind are they? What do you have driving them back there?

Great man cave!
Thank you. The Speakers are Salk HT-3's. Built in Pontiac, MI. Finished in a Bubinga laminate. The amp is a modified Odyssey Audio Stratos made in Indy.
You're right about a properly set up table. Tubes can do that too. That black thing next to the red tube preamp in the middle can pick up any music file on any computer in the house and run it through this system. It was my main source after I ripped all my CD's to a hard drive. It does not get used much anymore. This is a rare shot as there is no TV down here. I borrowed a monitor when this shot was taken so I could set up my SACD/DVD audio player, a high res music disk from the recent past. Watched a concert DVD then took it out.

WOW, no it wasn't that one. Elton John, iirc. BUT, that is probably one of the best concerts on DVD I have ever seen. Outstanding recording, great light show and the playlist was just right.
I've have a rope light around the baseboards. I turn off all the lights and play Meddle...it's amazing.

Thank you. The Speakers are Salk HT-3's. Built in Pontiac, MI. Finished in a Bubinga laminate. The amp is a modified Odyssey Audio Stratos made in Indy.
You're right about a properly set up table. Tubes can do that too. That black thing next to the red tube preamp in the middle can pick up any music file on any computer in the house and run it through this system. It was my main source after I ripped all my CD's to a hard drive. It does not get used much anymore. This is a rare shot as there is no TV down here. I borrowed a monitor when this shot was taken so I could set up my SACD/DVD audio player, a high res music disk from the recent past. Watched a concert DVD then took it out.

Awesome, I can only imagine how it sounds.

Was it live at Pompeii???????? I wouldn't mind throwing that in after 2 x 3 pour of 4 roses:thumbup::D:D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Also Awesome

That was pretty funny DM...

I still hang out in the shed with Pandora or the I-pod. My little refuge...

Back