The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Man I'd like to be able to hold that tolerance, .0005" is as tight as I can get. Ground, not milled.

We're getting another batch of the Light Choppers out to the pre-order this week. The next Friday sale is probably going to be on the 16th, a few 4V EDC.

I haven't got our scales VMC back into order after our re-organization yet, so we're lacking scales at the moment...

4V EDC.. OMG OMG OMG.. Please someone proxy for me! I can't be available at work!

4V EDC.. OMG OMG OMG.. Please someone proxy for me! I can't be available at work!
I can try to. I am out on medical, but my connection is via phone. So I can't guarantee results, but I will try.

Congrats on the new Mori, it sounds like a monster.

Nathan, are you planning on offering a sheath for the B.C?

At the expense of being a pain in the derriere (again), I wish that you would consider to sticky this thread. It ought to reduce the clutter from the other threads. Me thinks so anyway! :)

Nathan, are you planning on offering a sheath for the B.C?

At the expense of being a pain in the derriere (again), I wish that you would consider to sticky this thread. It ought to reduce the clutter from the other threads. Me thinks so anyway! :)
Good question.
I'm also wondering what scale options will be available.

^ The 12" Chopper is just a prototype. The bevels are being surface milled then hand ground at this point, there aren't even production fixtures. I don't know how many will be consumed in testing, there may not even be very many when it's all done. I usually only approach a sheath maker if there is production, and I don't know if there will be production in the future or not.

This design would be a good application for terotuf but I'll stick to micarta for the prototype phase.

JBRmyz8.jpg

Hey Nathan, when you gonna make some more UFs? :)

Last edited:
Hi Nate. I've heard Sleipner described as a D2 on steroids. I'm wondering if you have experience with it, and if so do you ever see it fitting in with something you'd build? Does it have the big carbides like D2? Thanks.

^^^ This. Looking at a few LionSteel models, but couldn't find reputable and reliable information on Sleipner...

Hi Nathan,

I've been wondering, with my proclivity toward shivs, if you have any sense of how many shivs you've made over time, whether they were in only A2 and 3V and what percent of the total were A2 or 3V? It's only curiousity that drives the question, so a gut response would be just fine. Thanks! Bob

Proclivity, Bob? LOL! Maybe it was your proclivity about 4-5 Shivs back but now as the only owner of the Ferrous Wheel of Shivs, you're in serious need of intervention!

Hi Nate. I've heard Sleipner described as a D2 on steroids. I'm wondering if you have experience with it, and if so do you ever see it fitting in with something you'd build? Does it have the big carbides like D2? Thanks.

Sleipner is not D2 on steroids, if anything it is D2 lite. It is a lower carbon, lower alloy steel and probably closer to A2 than D2. I haven't worked with it, but I'm sure it's a fine steel.

Back