The Bears' Den--Shirogorov Showcase

MacLaren1 MacLaren1 , These are actual quotes when quick looking through Eliteone2383 Eliteone2383 postings on this forum which is strange considering he’s poking fun at pics of knives that don’t look used (not to mention the fact that the last handful of pages in this thread are of all brand new knives that we’ve received in the last couple weeks lol).

Seems like their carry and use is on par with others with enough knives that they don’t have to carry the same one everyday lol.

Eliteone2383:

“Knife has no marks on it. I would rate this knife a A+. I've never even actually cut anything with it. Wanted to but could never bring myself to actually use it so it’s gotta go.”

“Knife has been carried very little and used even less.”

“Gayle Bradley 2 carried once, Caly 3.5 carried once. Both only cut paper for sharpness test once.”

“Knife has been used very lightly. Zero marks on knife handle and blade.”

All joking aside, I do find the stonewash finish on the blades to hold up really well and mostly not show a lot of wear marks or scratches, of course I’m not trimming shingles with them but they do keep their appearance up, it helps that I keep them clean I suppose as well. The scales are similar, they seem to hold up better and don’t take on the immediate snail trail look like CRK knives do. The new “chaotic satin” finish will mitigate it even more I’m betting.

Thanks Jsega51. Good 411!
I'll add what I can.
The Micarta Scales that I have are naturally pretty quick to get dirty what with the oils in our zero wear hands (sorry 😔) and pocket wear in general. But, I have found that they clean up pretty well too.
Thanks to you guys, I just clean them with some 99% alcohol. They come back really well. But, the longer I go I'm sure the honeymoon phase will end.....at some point! Lol....but man do I love this knife. Truly wish I had gotten one years ago.

That man is just on a crusade against Shirogorov. Maybe he's just racist towards Russians? He commented Sunday in a thread for posting well-used knives about how there wasn't a Shiro in the entire thread. Ironically, as someone else pointed out, almost everything he sells seems to be in like new condition.

I can't imagine dedicating so much thought towards how someone else spends their money or uses their knives. Some people have nothing better to do I guess.

Fellas, is there anyway to date a Shiro based upon the serial number?
I'm thinking not, but wanted to ask anyways
Thanks

Let’s save this or good measure (or at least until Imgur goes teets up)

x7PpXAH.jpeg

MacLaren1 MacLaren1 , These are actual quotes when quick looking through Eliteone2383 Eliteone2383 postings on this forum which is strange considering he’s poking fun at pics of knives that don’t look used (not to mention the fact that the last handful of pages in this thread are of all brand new knives that we’ve received in the last couple weeks lol).

Seems like their carry and use is on par with others with enough knives that they don’t have to carry the same one everyday lol.

Eliteone2383:

“Knife has no marks on it. I would rate this knife a A+. I've never even actually cut anything with it. Wanted to but could never bring myself to actually use it so it’s gotta go.”

“Knife has been carried very little and used even less.”

“Gayle Bradley 2 carried once, Caly 3.5 carried once. Both only cut paper for sharpness test once.”

“Knife has been used very lightly. Zero marks on knife handle and blade.”
I have a lot of knives. Those knives I sold I did not have for very long and realized I wasn't going to be using them. Not getting used then getting sold. Not sitting in a safe with the occasional finger party rub down.

I have a lot of knives. Those knives I sold I did not have for very long and realized I wasn't going to be using them. Not getting used then getting sold. Not sitting in a safe with the occasional finger party rub down.

You’re just like us with many knives so you may as well get a Shirogorov to post pics of next to your morning coffee!

Well said Jsega51.
It's not like he would regret it!
Just get one and join us over coffee - it's a lot of fun - I'm here to have fun 😃 - have some fun with us.

Ive been carrying my F95 R18 for a couple of weeks, and it refuses to show wear, with only a few marks near the pivot or ricasso. I have also sharpened it with a Worksharp after it was too dull to cut skin.

w8yiMuz.jpg

r2STtLl.jpg

LusRK1c.jpg

yKEP0AS.jpg

My NeOn Zero is showing a little wear, with scratches on the pocket clip, etc

2xXD7tU.jpg

[media]
Those are some of my EDC Shiro that don't go in the safe, ever. I also have slight tip damage on my EDC F3 Aquatic.

I just joined the club this week!

Also - this is my first post in it looks like 13 years - I wasn’t even sure if I actually had an account!

Are there any good sites for buying additional scales?

umonUlO.jpeg

JwzQC4L.jpeg

wfHtmdd.jpeg

2bbzPww.jpeg
I gotta ask, how well do you like that Alchemy? Where did they set the trigger break at?
Looks fantastic man

I gotta ask, how well do you like that Alchemy? Where did they set the trigger break at?
Looks fantastic man
It is quite enjoyable to shoot. The trigger as it comes from Alchemy is set right around 3.5-4.

Great gun? Yes. Incredibly well reviewed just about anywhere you look? Yes.

THAT SAID! (Ha) I’m kinda not super in love with it. I’m semi considering horse trading it around for other stuff or selling it. I dunno yet.

Back