The Bears' Den--Shirogorov Showcase

Because the pocketclip became a bit loose it was time for an inevitable maintenance job on my Shirogorov NeOn.
A bit nervewrecking with the 28 loose ballbearings in there 🤪

AP1GczP7IHvjneFktf7TSexMJhuRQYc8sCFHH7lCco-Vi3ttcjSc58FzJRO6UA-xxBSNLa2LkwscJIQaJz5TdP2TBb9IIq3Y5ZYx-inYJ7Y5mdtjeM7ru2rs=w900

So far the easy part...
Also clean its inside and put on some fresh Nano Oil

The screw holding the pocketclip had a different size slot than the 2 screws on the outside...
my home filed screwbit didn't fit... luckily the backside of my tweezers was a precise fit and didn't damage the screw. 🤓

AP1GczO4IZiu9AINE5EjEYc4dZYgUJoZChtzOFxsEsKkFS3PbI_2FHmkf6Q-NA-AA1Xlnsg21MjjyjC_OaQ56c9damDBVLNqvC4to6cXG9K6ECrz65lfyJ-X=w900

After some ballgames everything fitted back together :D
AP1GczNaRGzWB7Igv12m1oGutP9k5mLm60oXGvemVa0-0w62_n_dn03UMs0yQt649Sn--dUAd09nKnvNe7ELEojvi7U9n6-03rPUlUV4N7_UNq7vlTjpgt79=w900

Looks like no parts got left behind 🤣
AP1GczPBdbXj8UNTF4ZPwkI4KU28x0Lry5RTDax4bkYNR_PqgwGjVVmUGJTOgdo9kyB2B58lzxEGg7ltSLkwF9TYLSj8ZoHTTgBFDjxZCtPKbd1afDFJS7r7=w900

Last edited:
Welp, I loved that Carolina Blue F3 so much, that I had to get another just to put up!
Anyways, pretty cool.how it turned out. I wound up with consecutive serial numbers
20240312-155827.jpg
Congrats! I’ve been known to do the same thing.

I just joined the club this week!

Also - this is my first post in it looks like 13 years - I wasn’t even sure if I actually had an account!

Are there any good sites for buying additional scales?

umonUlO.jpeg

JwzQC4L.jpeg

wfHtmdd.jpeg

2bbzPww.jpeg
That's a beautiful Alchemy. I have to make do with Wilsons and Nighthawks. :(

Seriously though, that's a sweet double-stack.

Last edited:
Because the pocketclip became a bit loose it was time for an inevitable maintenance job on my Shirogorov NeOn.
A bit nervewrecking with the 28 loose ballbearings in there 🤪

AP1GczP7IHvjneFktf7TSexMJhuRQYc8sCFHH7lCco-Vi3ttcjSc58FzJRO6UA-xxBSNLa2LkwscJIQaJz5TdP2TBb9IIq3Y5ZYx-inYJ7Y5mdtjeM7ru2rs=w900

So far the easy part...
Also clean its inside and put on some fresh Nano Oil

The screw holding the pocketclip had a different size slot than the 2 screws on the outside...
my home filed screwbit didn't fit... luckily the backside of my tweezers was a precise fit and didn't damage the screw. 🤓

AP1GczO4IZiu9AINE5EjEYc4dZYgUJoZChtzOFxsEsKkFS3PbI_2FHmkf6Q-NA-AA1Xlnsg21MjjyjC_OaQ56c9damDBVLNqvC4to6cXG9K6ECrz65lfyJ-X=w900

After some ballgames everything fitted back together :D
AP1GczNaRGzWB7Igv12m1oGutP9k5mLm60oXGvemVa0-0w62_n_dn03UMs0yQt649Sn--dUAd09nKnvNe7ELEojvi7U9n6-03rPUlUV4N7_UNq7vlTjpgt79=w900

Looks like no parts got left behind 🤣
AP1GczPBdbXj8UNTF4ZPwkI4KU28x0Lry5RTDax4bkYNR_PqgwGjVVmUGJTOgdo9kyB2B58lzxEGg7ltSLkwF9TYLSj8ZoHTTgBFDjxZCtPKbd1afDFJS7r7=w900
Cool post. My first production Shiro (a Stellar) is due for a cleaning. The action is getting to be a bit unpredictable.

Haven't taken one apart yet, but I have all the tools and goodies...except for extra bearings. Maybe I'll get it done this weekend.

What lube/grease do you prefer?

Love my Shirogorovs. I see they are not selling out immediately on recon one. Is this the model or the economy? Or proce or just the market right now. I daily use my f95 and love ot. Thank you

Gents,

For those that have handled the Stellar, how do they compare to the F3' and F3NS's?

Gents,

For those that have handled the Stellar, how do they compare to the F3' and F3NS's?
I had one fella tell me that he liked his new F3 a little more than his new Stellar.
Said he liked the action of the new F3.
I can say, that I absolutely love the action of the new F3. I like it better than my F3 NS.
Although, the F3 NS is smoother, the new F3 is just really dialed in.
Hope that helps.

I had one fella tell me that he liked his new F3 a little more than his new Stellar.
Said he liked the action of the new F3.
I can say, that I absolutely love the action of the new F3. I like it better than my F3 NS.
Although, the F3 NS is smoother, the new F3 is just really dialed in.
Hope that helps.
Thanks, it does help. Gotta a couple F3's and NS's and I love them, but I like the looks of the Stellar.

I gotta say fellas, the all Titanium knives just do nothing for me.
I love the looks and feel of that Micarta though.
Shirogorov does such an incredible job on those!
Don't get me wrong, I think any Shirogorov is great, I just prefer the Micarta or Carbon Fiber F3's personally

Thanks, it does help. Gotta a couple F3's and NS's and I love them, but I like the looks of the Stellar.

It’s hard to compare them because they’re so different but they both do feel great in the hand. There’s a decent size difference especially in the thickness of the handle but the Stellar doesn’t feel small because it’s got a little bit of weight to it which really helps, the Ti scales are the same thickness as the F95 so it’s beefier than the Neons.

I will say that the action and lockup on my Stellar feels more like a frame-lock when compared 2 F3’s I own, the detent is more stout and the lockbar tension has more presence. I really like the Stellar for what it is, the size is a great “medium” and it’s not dainty feeling in anyway with a some cool milling not found on other pieces, I say it’s a great knife for a Shiro enthusiast!

It’s hard to compare them because they’re so different but they both do feel great in the hand. There’s a decent size difference especially in the thickness of the handle but the Stellar doesn’t feel small because it’s got a little bit of weight to it which really helps, the Ti scales are the same thickness as the F95 so it’s beefier than the Neons.

I will say that the action and lockup on my Stellar feels more like a frame-lock when compared 2 F3’s I own, the detent is more stout and the lockbar tension has more presence. I really like the Stellar for what it is, the size is a great “medium” and it’s not dainty feeling in anyway with a some cool milling not found on other pieces, I say it’s a great knife for a Shiro enthusiast!

Thanks Jake! I have stayed away from frame locks because my fingers always seem to press on the bar when flipping them. Is it fair to say the Stellar takes a bit more effort to flip because of stout detent?

Thanks Jake! I have stayed away from frame locks because my fingers always seem to press on the bar when flipping them. Is it fair to say the Stellar takes a bit more effort to flip because of stout detent?
My F95 R18 and Neon Zero both can be impossible to open IF you put pressure on the lock bar. I like to hand them to people to open, just to mess with them 😂

Back