The CPK Feedback Thread: Buy/Sell/Trade

So far, woodysone and sagandavis have helped me get into my first 2 CPKs. Thank you ! Others from this amazing community have offered advise and even a deserved scolding or two. I am sincerely indebted to you all!

Attachments

• C23782BD-AFA7-42D3-83CA-BA06BF36C255.jpeg
    C23782BD-AFA7-42D3-83CA-BA06BF36C255.jpeg
    840.5 KB · Views: 15
This post covers three recent positive experiences I had with members here.

The first story started when Chip WValtakis WValtakis posted a picture of his Benchmade 3100 Benchmite and I posted a comment on it.

This is one of my favorite pocket knives ever. I carried one daily for many years. I also gave three more away as gifts to dear friends.

One of those friends was my last boss for the last twenty years of my career. He lost his knife somewhere years ago and regretted that outcome dearly since. I later gave him my personal Benchmite as a retirement gift. That meant more to him than anything else he received.

Now I am the one missing having one. I keep my eye open for a replacement to pop up on the exchange, but that rarely happens. Someday…

Phil

It turns out that woodysone woodysone saw my post and reached out to me to say that he has one new-in-box that he would sell if I was interested. Heck yeah I bought it.

In case you are not familiar with the Benchmade Benchmite 3100, it is a McHenry & Williams design auto with a “Levitator” lock, milled titanium scales, and a slim .083” thick by 1.95” long high carbon 154 CM blade. It is a California legal auto because the blade is under 2”.

The Levitator mechanism locks the blade either open or closed by pressing the tear drop shaped center section of the left scale to release the lock. This is a very secure lock system with no raised button to accidentally release while in your pocket. These were available in the early 2000’s before being discontinued and replaced by a more budget friendly production version in the Model 310.

I love this knife because it is small, flat, and classy looking gentlemen’s type knife that carries very easily in the pocket without need of a clip. I carried one of these daily for over a decade and no one batted an eye when I used it in the office or any public setting.

Thanks so much Martin. It was a pleasure dealing with you again.

The next knife I traded for recently is an HDFK. This is another knife I had before and missed since letting go a couple years ago. I knew these are in high demand and hard to find, so I offered up some other CPK’s as trade bait to try and entice someone to let go of an HDFK. I received great trade offer replies from B Burke and H HKP7K3 with both of them interested in an ironwood satin DEF2 I had available. I had very interesting PM discussions with both gentlemen as we exchanged more photos, discussed options & relative aftermarket values, and other general CPK related stuff.

I ultimately made the trade with Burke because he had the TeroTuf handle material I most wanted for a user.

Thanks gentlemen for making this trade possible. I hope to deal with both of you again down the road.

Here are a couple photos to go with the text above.

i-qPLsWqH-XL.jpg

i-WGvTRXB-XL.jpg

2022 has been a year of relatively few knife deals for me. These two are by far the most special as I celebrate the return of two long lost friends that I was surprised to have back in my life.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Phil

Last edited:
Back