The Old Rugged Victorinox Cross..... Pioneer content, grails and such.... Red Gold...

7FUTJe.jpg
rbwgg4.jpg
P6bq5A.jpg

Paul, I see SO many good-looking knives when I visit this forum that I've started checking a thesaurus app so that I don't repeat myself too often in expressing my admiration for the knives folks display. :D The fact that I don't know how to say some of the words I write has never stopped me!

- GT

Thanks mudguard! :thumbup:

Nice Pioneers Al! :thumbup:

Nice Pruner Pt-Luso! :thumbup:

Last couple days of EDC.
TueEDCTGampPioneer_zpsc128dffa.jpg

monedcB09ampPioneer_zpsd3e04edb.jpg

This week it's been the orange Farmer in left front pocket. It's just a perfect companion to have on hand, especially for assorted chores around the homestead. :)

I don't know what I'd do on the plantation if I didn't have a Soldier as a constant companion. I guess nothing would ever get done, since there is nothing in the world comparable:D...

Oh my, so many examples of pulchritudinous.:D
P.S. I can pronounce it too.

I agree with you Al on the pulchritudinous, but I'm still workin on the pronunciation part---I bet after a "Beginning of the Holiday" drink/s I'll stand a better chance at it:D:thumbup:

My carries the same as yesterday's:thumbup:

A1vuLO.jpg

Here's a big word for ya;)...SESQUIPEDALIAN:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone:)

I agree with you Al on the pulchritudinous, but I'm still workin on the pronunciation part---I bet after a "Beginning of the Holiday" drink/s I'll stand a better chance at it:D:thumbup:

I see what you did there, Paul - LOL :D That's the best laugh I've had this week!!

And I echo Paul's sentiments: I hope everyone has a blessed, grateful, safe, and happy Thanksgiving!

- GT

I see what you did there, Paul - LOL :D That's the best laugh I've had this week!!

And I echo Paul's sentiments: I hope everyone has a blessed, grateful, safe, and happy Thanksgiving!

- GT

GT, thank you and enjoy family and friends on this great holiday:thumbup:

We used to own a family furniture for almost 50yrs and saw the end of an era where traveling salesman where ceasing to exist. I learned the term from one of those dedicated salesman. We felt for them because many referred to the Dakota's as like being banished to Siberia:p

My carries the same as yesterday's:thumbup:

A1vuLO.jpg

Hey you, my family crawled out of caves just a year or so ago, so we're all polysyllabic.:p

...and yes, have a blessed and safe Thanksgiving this year all.:)

I have to confess that I had to look up sesquipedalian to really get the full effect of the joke. I knew what pulchritude and pulchritudinous meant from high school Latin classes over 45 years ago, and I knew what sesquicentennial meant, but couldn't figure out sesquipedalian on my own.

Hey you, my family crawled out of caves just a year or so ago, so we're all polysyllabic.:p

...and yes, have a blessed and safe Thanksgiving this year all.:)

Hey, I think I dated Polly Syllabic a couple of times back in the day. :D She was very popular!

And speaking of popular, to steer this back to Alox SAKs, does anyone have a Vic Popular? I was looking at the SAKwiki page (I think) and ran across this model. If I understand correctly, the Popular is like today's Secretary, but with textured red Alox instead of smooth silver Alox. I'm thinking of picking up a "bare bones" 2-blade SAK, and my preference would be to get a Popular, a Secretary, or a Pocket Pal, in that order. But I don't know how realistic it is to set my heart on finding a Popular. Anyone have advice? Thanks!

- GT

Back