The Old Rugged Victorinox Cross..... Pioneer content, grails and such.... Red Gold...

I love this old Pioneer.
20141129_155749_zps3a6f7f1d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Great pic No Agenda! :thumbup:

BTW, I know exactly what you mean!

Pioneerheart_zps5512c58e.jpg

Pt-Luso, that old cross Settler is fantastic! :thumbup::thumbup:
Do you know if Victorinox is still producing Settlers, or has that model been discontinued? The sellers I check who list it always say something like "Out of Stock" or "Not Currently Available".

- GT

Here are my old cross knives. Top one is mint in box except for a small scratch on the edge of the mark scale. Bottom left is almost unused except for a few light blade scratches that have been polished out a little. Bottom right is a beater I picked up hoping to be able to make it a user but the blades are too stiff, can't get them to move with even a little snap, unfortunately.

29F12AC7-4B67-4FBC-ACC0-BEC4FED4193A.jpg

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Here are my old cross knives. Top one is mint in box except for a small scratch on the edge of the mark scale. Bottom left is almost unused except for a few light blade scratches that have been polished out a little. Bottom right is a beater I picked up hoping to be able to make it a user but the blades are too stiff, can't get them to move with even a little snap, unfortunately.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Slide, if you have already scrubbed that stubborn one with soap and hot water, stick it in ziplock with about an inch of mineral oil for 2-4 weeks. This has saved some really hopeless ones for me.

This one was frozen shut, even had a rusty keyring....snappy now.
CLA_zps9a7e47d0.jpg

Last edited:
I did scrub it and it improved a tiny bit, but I'll try that Baggie trick. I have plenty of both at home, thanks for the tip!

SAK Guy, may I ask where you get those kydex neck sheaths for your SAK's? Feel free to PM or email me.

Back