The REAL EDC Picture thread

Ordinary in my pockets:
Fenix LD01
Spyderco Grasshopper (Im thinking to change it with kershaw Chive)
Pendrive
House and vault keys
Little Gun
Wallet
And my new Millie (in place of old Tenacious)
If I'm going to a bank I just carry my keychain and wallet.
And my phone which I use to take pictures.
15GUiI5.jpg

In my bag some diamond stones, carborundum stone, Arkansas stone, gum, phone cable and charger, powerbank with cable, about 5 meters (16,4 foot) paracord, lighter, Esee Izula, some documents, battery for flashlight.

Except for when I go to church or the court house, this is what I carry when leaving the farm.

DTiIFuLLS4M5miZUTb-gRT3jNMjxoPESZLdifKV2tfWlo7Mr_iOOxr36lirA0tWI297UbiEATp02Oxzbjz9CbMp7EKRWl7fXjN8nO0fKzaF9mfBnOqQlJzGgjr1rAUt6TyQI7SrsOd7nYsp9YV1QGSgCkRfv3RSgDdu-2Z84UCKBlCcnmph4BtqyzUNWD7B28DFLSaIKoJFSepxi2_ouzgeqC0Ue_V_yJHOKWA6rSa5C52u_1Wr7rFaf9iCoeY22g0YCVC47WEpkMQWG9fL_03NY-fF57QOitiLAvjSK9C9jRuWn3xudNi6ApUvQ75b1UQjJyBBG1YKp5stSDsgeQ5L956cjCeDsoZH_TmjWDSU9N6eOh0XlTZgHIN1m3tB02MXYpsfQD7U2YGVTzZ7GWh-7e2aLtXmgJqEvWWPzyLR5Db_xj1m6pYgKfOzbIC7UNSNSJvNkZYSR39XrhCJ8aLejdJcZnPLbq8dOAxz6yFyhrPtGh68w5K6DHRMUMqEq0_uFmjREaU-9ULgMLc1mPerjbrWEyadSQbaY5sW7z9-V19DZocLhG03JInVv01sjybTr3CVgzH2fQ0v-5oW9AaQUGFPIje14okPUGAaJv6-JyXjbr5on6M54=w1022-h766-no

Around the farm, I drop the thumb drive, digital recorder and wallet and replace one of the Kabar shorties with the knife appropriate to what major work I am doing. That is usually a machete, Becker BK9 or BK21.

Except for when I go to church or the court house, this is what I carry when leaving the farm.

DTiIFuLLS4M5miZUTb-gRT3jNMjxoPESZLdifKV2tfWlo7Mr_iOOxr36lirA0tWI297UbiEATp02Oxzbjz9CbMp7EKRWl7fXjN8nO0fKzaF9mfBnOqQlJzGgjr1rAUt6TyQI7SrsOd7nYsp9YV1QGSgCkRfv3RSgDdu-2Z84UCKBlCcnmph4BtqyzUNWD7B28DFLSaIKoJFSepxi2_ouzgeqC0Ue_V_yJHOKWA6rSa5C52u_1Wr7rFaf9iCoeY22g0YCVC47WEpkMQWG9fL_03NY-fF57QOitiLAvjSK9C9jRuWn3xudNi6ApUvQ75b1UQjJyBBG1YKp5stSDsgeQ5L956cjCeDsoZH_TmjWDSU9N6eOh0XlTZgHIN1m3tB02MXYpsfQD7U2YGVTzZ7GWh-7e2aLtXmgJqEvWWPzyLR5Db_xj1m6pYgKfOzbIC7UNSNSJvNkZYSR39XrhCJ8aLejdJcZnPLbq8dOAxz6yFyhrPtGh68w5K6DHRMUMqEq0_uFmjREaU-9ULgMLc1mPerjbrWEyadSQbaY5sW7z9-V19DZocLhG03JInVv01sjybTr3CVgzH2fQ0v-5oW9AaQUGFPIje14okPUGAaJv6-JyXjbr5on6M54=w1022-h766-no

Around the farm, I drop the thumb drive, digital recorder and wallet and replace one of the Kabar shorties with the knife appropriate to what major work I am doing. That is usually a machete, Becker BK9 or BK21.
Not bashing ya or anything, but do you really use all 6 knives? Both of those large fixed blades too?

Good topic.
If I'm out of the house and not running, scuba diving, or somewhere that doesn't allow blades I always have these items on me. I usually have a watch and at least one other knife but those items rotate. This is the baseline. The folder is a Chris Reeve small Inkosi without a pocket clip.

14GYb12vFvau0nPF_gMSXOwUSxSG5b0yqOnzvYUIjaNXKMBIecfiCSw0lTslkkzy_kMRhxiyhK_RymPTyuhIgELctqjxbR8RHhulHA_Ng3J8aBYOCXryVDZ1Wx8nqXixwFuwfseZxWpivQ5F3E6jR0rVqFSosG26z8H2QfYxh6HfTEtcU96OkotY84bOq-b1GgQmHMlzpUpcRi550JetsTlXKt0qKiB-K6fwXswm_NvXTky7cvEtUrNS4DG1ZNDFjhcO2LSUh2SffFZU1FcyEZsooFmC-ReipQslMtWEjtna1L_w21IH4bl4EpVPykiuDRDGGRndImXaeF2EONcLCpxoAJCiQ3rndjL6qdtkwy7WdsV5_3oxvSZEzSCwyoDKwMG0jNTiJbdf_Bki1Pf9aJ-iiTebQg56TjnY1aRZDb1IP7TbqaUWG_2XyjHUZKJaRKRahtf2xTe1mo3oP6pbV4ouAaYCBOclrUpDBKQsy6UDyeEFfpSNzheJuvONluf7ZJ6CDLSGZRI1gkbxyVrOggwlKDwNIwHZwH5obquEDae7YKXTs0oJbbQ_S5s-4zOU9h7Y8m6De5aw4hEwOXVR2pn5LoLF_PjR67o1qG4m7vp5uuZ5EfYf=w1242-h840-no

A couple of optional accessories:
jKjZZEvUVrUkgdFcVq2MGDvB8TI470jVURkWf7i9NNL9zK_gTbf9zPcg6Uxy-93uI_t0gSGzrRGJHZLf3f3bHDrIvlD5ggkpt8kV0BYcLlWwosfa_SoO_rJXVecbmNU3fRyvOQ1iu3UwVoW8JnyToECYsBIJXyKYTcKR5XM-YnphKR7Qoxh3SLOJvFZGlds5sf-LRiRDpIKzYTXIpJKh3fy3ENKyyTFpGaizv6DNrkn6wpF73mfnn1KWTYCnmpqddKZLN6mP0CTXeh3RSr350ENU5uPbjioJ-JNnu2ZgmRtTlzOcdRqEPaSbXDTY6EVMJ2ElGp7Z0z8DYGStShHORPqJxtujuwfYXRU9p3yQnI4PMipUvX3Egr2CNspXWmadWwNBe5VgzW4pTYX7MShJAPv9wjSFOm_NCgEs9R4N-du81jB3SaX0zsjk-jmnbZkY2NUN00fNAhCSxNnNejSZPdNxFkcTjR9pMpdiMd_0w-zwgwsStvfzcWU4vkAhKuP_QpRUIKktyjFZP1EY8xPBm87CPRw8T09kilugbYXS0AwYZnRJFvbYKkncKea8aN-sBsnNnA5XN_Omo60vhiv1qJCPhNi0gbLrbgLdrA1VFxyh3NrWDZRg=w1245-h1287-no

Last edited:
Not bashing ya or anything, but do you really use all 6 knives? Both of those large fixed blades too?

Yes, I really do. I may not need every one of them every day, but I use 3 or more of them every day.

The rigger's knife gets used the least, but that is only because the primary reason for that knife is the marlin spike. Could I use any of the other knives to loosen a knot in small stuff (Navy term for string or rope less than 1/4" in diameter), line (1/4" up to 1") or rope (over 1" diameter)? Yes, I could. But then the small stuff, line or rope would be either shorter or useless since the knot would have been cut, not loosened. Since most of what I work with is 1/2" diameter or less, the small spike on the rigger's knife is adequate. I'm frugal. Why waste tie-down materials that could be reused?

The small Buck gets used for tasks which a small blade works best - poking holes in things. cleaning under my fingernails, slicing open sealed on flimsy boxes/packages that I wish to reuse, popping splinters out of fingers, etc.....

The BK11 gets used for specialty use and for small fixed blade tasks. That bottle opener comes in real handy. Used it to save the first half hour of a quincienera when it turned out that the planners forgot to bring a bottle opener and all the DOS XX did NOT have twist caps. :oops: I also use the 11 for any scraping tasks such as removing stickers from glass, cutting seals on containers, scoring sheet rock, shaving down sheet rock edges, cutting small stuff , cleaning out what ever crap needs removing from grooves, bags of various sorts and more. It is probably my most used blade.

The 2 Kabar shorties, which you call "large" fixed blades, are, to me at least, simply very versatile MID-SIZED blades capable of doing almost anything other than very fine control tasks quite well that are well within the maximum legal blade length in Texas. At least until 01 September, when ANYTHING will be allowed to be carried. :D

I cut down boxes, open sacks of mortar mix, concrete mix, portland cement, grain/feed sacks containing a wide range of DUSTY residue that flat gums up the works in a folder, requiring more cleaning and greater wear. I can easily cut the heavy duty plastic wrap that holds big round bales of hay together. They work great for cutting loose tie-vines, morning glory vines, wayward hay bale restraints, etc that get wrapped around rotating equipment when working in a pasture or waterway. They can also be "Make-do" machetes on small brush if I don't have a machete readily available.

I've used them for working bee hives, chopping heads off rattlesnakes I step on (2 foot or less - anything bigger gets a .357 HP), popping tires on unstable vehicles on wreck scenes (EMT since 1990), cutting reinforced tape on boxes/containers.

And why do I carry them all the time? When I need one, I have it with me. I don't have to go look for a bigger knife. I don't have to undo my belt to slip the sheaths on it. If one gets dull, which it will when cutting open gritty concrete mix bags, I can switch over to the other Kabar to keep working.

If my right hand is engaged and I need a knife "NOW" I have a knife on the left side and vice versa (left/right). 98% of the people out there CANNOT reach a knife on their right hip with their left hand.

Sometimes, one of the shorties gets replaced with a Kabar 1217, BK9/21, machete, kukri, etc because of what's being done that day.

Everyone doesn't do the wide variety of jobs that I do everyday. I don't carry 6 knives because I'm some "Billy Bad Ass". I carry six knives because each one is "more right" for some tasks than one of the other knives. I'm more interested in getting done what I have to get done as soon as I can get it done.

Many people say they don't like to wear fixed blades as they are "too big" or "too heavy" or "get in the way". My response to that is that if they wore one (or more) all the time, within a very short time they wouldn't even notice it was there. I wear the bigger blades (machete, BK9, etc) often enough and long enough when I do, that I don't even notice the size of weight. They're just there and my balance and carriage has adjusted.

Will I be routinely carrying larger fixed blades after 01 September? Nope.

Will I be packing big-assed Bowies or strapping on a sword all the time? Nope.

On 01 September, I intend to replace the shorties with a WW2 vintage 1219C2 (7 inch blade) and a Western W49 Bowie (9 inch blade) simply to celebrate Texans' new freedom.

Then I'll strap on a Bowie for the BYOB (Bring Your Own Bowie) event at the Alamo down in San Antonio on 02 September.

After that, I'll drop back to carrying a pair of 5" to 6" fixed blades every day.

I'd much rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them.

Oh, and why do I have the Pro-Tech? Because I can. :D:D It's my only switchblade and since 01 September 2013, we can carry them in public, so I do.:D:D

edit to add - OOOH, OOOH, Just noticed this was my 5000th post - a long winded post for a long winded person. :D:D

Last edited:
No pic. Use your imagination.
Ruger SP101
two Bianchi speed loaders
iPhone 4 in a Saddleback holder
truck keys
work/house keys
Kenny Rowe Wallet
SAK (model name escapes me... little one, with the scissors, pen blade, nail file, toothpick and tweezers) Classic?
bandana
pennies
lip goo
watch (Timex Expedition. no need for a fancy one)
eye glasses with magnetic sunglasses.

usually have a second knife, but it varies/rotates.... sometimes BRKT Mini Canadian, sometimes various slip joints.

I carry a lot of stuff. EDC knife rotates on a daily basis, depends which pants or shorts I'm wearing. Some of my pockets are getting tore out from pocket clips so on the raggy ones I carry knives with easy clips.

s6mouEt.jpg

image.jpg
Delica warncliff serrated, surefire titan, Fidelo rfid blocking card holder, small insingo micarta, I phone 7 - glock 26 with nitesites.

Last edited:
The Leatherman TTi is in my man-purse; the rest are in my pocket and waistband

jMnYzCa.jpg

Some of the coins I've carried for years. I don't spend them just collect some I think are cool or have certain dates. I just recently changed the Sage 5 to the ZT0450g10 and the worry stone keeps me from jingling my change in my pocket.
xnJ6SxL.jpg
YU1sD5k.jpg

Wallet, watch, knife, phone, & firearm are carried everywhere, everyday. The knife & firearm change depending on my mood. I'll add a multitool and light for work sometimes but not always. I'm not really consistent in what I carry. I just wing it and go with whatever feels right for the day.

IMG_0540.JPG IMG_1195.JPG IMG_1202.jpg IMG_1298.JPG IMG_1315.JPG IMG_1324.JPG

My primary blade does indeed vary from day to day. I do however carry two Spyderco Dragonfly's (one serrated), and a Karambit daily. The Dragonfly's are so small that I can clip them in the corners of my back pockets and never notice them until I need them. They provide a great deal of utility. The Karambit, I carry reverse grip in my left pocket. I used to carry an Emerson Super Karambit, but because of concerns of it opening in pocket I switched to a Brous due to the stronger detent that a flipper provides.

Beyond that, Things that are ALWAYS in my pocket include: Surefire Aviator with red secondary beam, Victorinox Swisstool, Fischer Military Space Pen, Titanium pry bar, Leatherman bit set with Victorinox driver/ratchet, Leatherman Raptor Shears, a pocket wrench, a Sharpie Marker wrapped in painters tape for labels, a Stanley mini-screwdriver, and a small Bic lighter wrapped in a foot of Gorilla Tape.

Things not pictured are my phone, money clips, some Advil and aspirin in a small baggie, and a small rite-in-the-rain pad. The only key I carry is the key-fob to my vehicle, and my house keys stay in my pack in the vehicle.

This may seem like a crazy amount of stuff, but I make sure that my pockets don't bulge and that there are no signs whatsoever that I am carrying anything (other than pocket clips of course). I am able to do this because I wear the same (TruSpec 24/7) pants pretty much daily. I like these pants alot because they have such convenient pockets, and especially because they don't scream "tactical" and look like just regular pants. I like them so much that I even had some made into shorts by a local seamstress. I have worn black pants daily for years, almost like a uniform but with different shirts, so I have been able to make it a signature look that works well for me.

Back