TiSpine LionSteel new knife 2013

Is opening the knife one-handed as easy as the rectangular cut out makes it look?

Gianni - great picture of the block of titanium being transformed into the finished frame. It will probably sell a knife or 10 :)

Any plans for a damascus version in the future? I'll take 2 in Dot Matrix damascus ;)

Is opening the knife one-handed as easy as the rectangular cut out makes it look?

Maybe for some .... not so much for me. I find my hands too big, opening cut out too close to the frame and knife too slippery to open the same way you might open a Spyderco with its Spydie hole. I haven't been able to comfortably hold the knife without putting undue pressure on the lock bar to open by just using my thumb. Don't get me wrong .... I don't see this as a fault or flaw .... just the way it is for me. I pinch the thumb slot with my thumb and middle finger to get the blade opening and then can continue to complete the opening with my thumb. It is a very smooth in opening and can easily be opened by holding the blade and using the weight of the handle to open it with a gentle downward flick .... or if you can get a thumb nail into the opening, quickly open it that way. That said ..... I don't know where it is written that every knife has to be opened one handed .... or if a knife doesn't flick open as fast as an assisted opener, it can't be good!! This is one beautiful knife and one which I plan on having in multiple colors.

Thanks for your feedback, Dennis. I was wondering how well the rectangular hole worked for one-hand opening. Now I know. On the other hand, I agree with you that every knife doesn't have to be a one-hand opener, especially a sleek gentleman's knife like the TiSpine. Still, I can't help but wonder what a flipper version of the TiSpine would be like . . .

Maybe for some .... not so much for me. I find my hands too big, opening cut out too close to the frame and knife too slippery to open the same way you might open a Spyderco with its Spydie hole. I haven't been able to comfortably hold the knife without putting undue pressure on the lock bar to open by just using my thumb. Don't get me wrong .... I don't see this as a fault or flaw .... just the way it is for me. I pinch the thumb slot with my thumb and middle finger to get the blade opening and then can continue to complete the opening with my thumb. It is a very smooth in opening and can easily be opened by holding the blade and using the weight of the handle to open it with a gentle downward flick .... or if you can get a thumb nail into the opening, quickly open it that way. That said ..... I don't know where it is written that every knife has to be opened one handed .... or if a knife doesn't flick open as fast as an assisted opener, it can't be good!! This is one beautiful knife and one which I plan on having in multiple colors.

I really don't have a problem with mine. When the knife is closed try opening it by pushing on the tang the part that sticks up out of the handle with your thumb, i've found that mine opens easily that way as well. The same way you would open a Burger or Gareth Bull type friction knife.

hello to all,

here is my Lionsteel.
very good Quality and perfect Processing. :thumbup:

where is the Number of my knife?

best Regards
Norbert

mc6rtv.jpg

2ex7bs4.jpg

2j30dbt.jpg

k1c8wp.jpg

2d7t0k5.jpg

compared to other Folders that TiSpine is a Gentleman-Knife ,;)
the opening is a little bit hard.

her is my Lionsteel-Family

540434d1357203797t-der-messer-thread-ita8.jpg

Last edited:
I really don't have a problem with mine. When the knife is closed try opening it by pushing on the tang the part that sticks up out of the handle with your thumb, i've found that mine opens easily that way as well. The same way you would open a Burger or Gareth Bull type friction knife.

Yes. I see what you're saying. That opening method could make all the difference. And yes, Aidansdaddy17, a user video would REALLY be nice . . .

Thanx for the feedback - I'll take a rectangular cut-out over a thumb stud any day of the week :thumbup:

It actually reminds me of the opening mechanism on the Leatherman Charge series....... no problems opening those one-handed. But again, what was reiterated above: not every knife needs to be open one-handed.

You know what would look good on the frame? DLC coating over that polished finish :thumbup: !

The frames are little shiny, especially the gray-handled and gold-handled frames. But I think that's OK for a gentleman's knife. What would be nice is a DLC-coated blade on the gray-handled TiSpine. That's just my opinion, of course

Hi!

Another quick shot from today - holds it's own nicely next to virtually any knife! ;)

original.jpg

The blade on mine has quite a strong detent, but is not uncomfortable to handle at all. The golden version ist highly reflective indeed and (as expected) very prone to fingerprints. It's still my favourite color of them all, the TiSpine not being a tactical folder after all.

Regards
Alex

PS: Norbert, great to see you over here as well! :)

Hi Alex,
the Picture is a very good Comparison.
I am happy to see you here :thumbup:

Thanks, Norbert! An elegant design for sure!

Gianni, is the TiSpine we just bought actually a limited edition run? Like Norbert I was wondering about the "missing" serial number.

Thanks and regards,
Alex

My blue one is a fingerprint magnet as well. If I could have it in a satin/flat finish, I would like that better I think.

my polished is very sensitive, with gloves :cool:
but very, very nice

regards ,
Norbert

Thanks to everyone that post these wonderfull pictures..... They are incredibles.....
Thanks ....

Hi!

Another quick shot from today - holds it's own nicely next to virtually any knife! ;)

original.jpg

The blade on mine has quite a strong detent, but is not uncomfortable to handle at all. The golden version ist highly reflective indeed and (as expected) very prone to fingerprints. It's still my favourite color of them all, the TiSpine not being a tactical folder after all.

Regards
Alex

PS: Norbert, great to see you over here as well! :)

Great pics Alex :)

What is the other knife btw?

Hi!

Thanks! X-Box, I uploaded a mini review of the other knife in the '"gallery" section.

Gianni, is the TiSpine a limited version?

Regards,
Alex

Back