TiSpine LionSteel new knife 2013

@mantzao, 85 mm = 3 3/8th inches. Do those extra 3/8s matter?

@All, in some way I really like the polished look but it does not really look like titan specially in silver.
I also wonder how much the polishing holds up over time.

Anyway cool knife

@Lionsteel.
Steel insert or not.
Sebenzas do not have a steel insert. Many other high class folders do not either.
Why did you choose to go with the steel inserts for the SR1 and not here?

If you can maybe also comment how this Titanium alloy (I guess Ti6Al4V) is heat treated
What is the thickness of the anodizing oxide layer you are aiming at for the different colors (gold and blue/violet)

Here are the three version: Grey, Purple and Gold

323_1.jpg

Steel insert or not.
Sebenzas do not have a steel insert. Many other high class folders do not either.
Why did you choose to go with the steel inserts for the SR1 and not here?

If you can maybe also comment how this Titanium alloy (I guess Ti6Al4V) is heat treated
What is the thickness of the anodizing oxide layer you are aiming at for the different colors (gold and blue/violet)

TiSpine hasn't the steel insert on the locking bar. We made this decision for two reason:
- We want a clean knife, less screws than possible. Design in this knife is very important.
- Thikness of this knife do not let put a steel tip on the locking bar respecting the above point.

Titanium Body: Ti6Al4V AMS4911 Gr.5
Thickness of the anodizing is around 2-3 Micron

Great looking knife Gianni. Would go well with my SR-1 Iguana Damascus! What pivot mechanism are you using? Still teflon washers or caged ball bearings?

For this kind of knives there is not number enough for left hand version, sorry.

Dang! I was hoping there would be a left-handed version as well. So do you mean you won't sell enough of the left-hand version to pay for the extra tooling that would be needed?

Dang! I was hoping there would be a left-handed version as well. So do you mean you won't sell enough of the left-hand version to pay for the extra tooling that would be needed?

Minimun number for making a new knife (left handle is a new knife with the same design) is 100 pcs.
I think that I am not able to sell 100 Pcs.
Anyway if there is a number of left hand users that want to buy it, and this number is at least 60, I can start a run of 100 pieces for left handed.

I always thought that the thickness of the anodize coating determines the color with titan.

After all its not die but thin film intreference that creates the color.

Anyway money transfered with Iban

I like that design.It's very sleek.I'd love to see an "in hand" shot when/if possible.

Man those are beautiful. LionSteel does such an excellent job with their colored scales.

Gianni ....

Really looking forward to the arrival of this beauty. Sleek and sexy are two words that come to mind when describing this knife! I have a feeling that this is going to be a big seller for you! Quick question when you have the time. Is the pivot size the same as on the SR1?

Beautiful looking knife Gianni. I'm trying to get a better understanding of the overall
profile of the knife especially the blade. Could you please post pics that show the knife
at a straight angle. Thanks!

Beautiful knife. The colors are very vibrant and tastefully done. If this knife could talk, no doubt it would say...."I'm sexy and I know it" :)

This is one the the biggest "holy crap" moments I've ever had upon seeing a knife.
Titanium, integral construction, lightweight, opening-hole, Elmax, superb lock geometry... amazing!

Well done, Gianni. :D

Back