To all the naysayers pocket fixed blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seventh If and this is a big if, but if I ever got into a knife fight even though I train martial arts what makes you think I would be able to get my knife before the guy with the knife has me killed or such. If someone wants to "attack" you with a knife it is not a "fight" It is an "assassination" and you will not see the knife till you have already been stabbed or cut. Tell me I am wrong and I will tell you to do more research on this topic.

The way you carry it? Nothing makes me think you would be able to get it out in time.

And not all knife confrontations involve someone "assassinating" you. You are wrong.

Nice. After seeing those pics, your status has definitely gone up in my eyes.

Hey bud I just want to apologize for the rude welcoming you have received . I am glad that you have found a comfy setup . Everyone has different preferences and needs . What works for you might not work for others and vice versa. Just remember not everyone will poke fun at you for being different
Agreed. We shouldn't overlook a practical knife application just because the inventor traded in his 2x shirts for 3x, or whatever.

Fifth Why does everyone have to always say stuff like "make sure its legal" or "Where I live you would need a certain license". Tell you what move out to South Dakota and buy yourself some land that you own and see what permits you need.

I live in an area with at most 10 thousand people the laws and such are different here.

Legitimately in South Dakota the only permit you need is a conceal carry permit for a pistol. Not a shotgun not a rifle not a knife not a 16 oz can of pepper spray. And guess what for the second time our state congress has voted on eliminating that permit. This last time it passed the house but got vetoed by the governor. The bill did not get the needed 2/3rds majority to be able to not get vetoed.

We even have some court houses that allow people to carry guns and such in them as long as nothing major is happening. What they have said is "Even though it is a law we can chose when to enforce it".

So. Lemme ask you this. If you live in an area where open carry is fine with law enforcement....then why are you jumping through so many contrived hoops to conceal the damn thing?

Put it in a belt sheath outside your pocket like anybody else does and be done with it. It's what I'd do. YMMV.

And I'm outta this one. The "goofy" meter has pegged.

It is only an "assassination" if they succeed and you die. Otherwise it is just being attacked with a knife, which may turn into a knife fight.
A wise person has said that in a knife fight, there are no winners, only survivors. Considering the poor shape you will likely be in, even if you make it out alive...

To say that you won't see it or even know the knife is there before hand, is a gross over estimation of your average "petty criminal".
Most will use the knife to scare you into giving up your wallet. Even then, most will choose a softer target (a woman with a child, a elderly person, someone alone in a parking lot, et al.)
Most will not choose to attack a younger male, regardless of physical size or fitness level. This is due to the sheer fact that most muggers or attackers judge a male a harder target than a female.

I hate to rain on your parade, but there aren't many "assassin's" running around South Dakota...

I"ll tell you you're wrong.

How many knife fights have you been in to tell me I am wrong.

The way you carry it? Nothing makes me think you would be able to get it out in time.

And not all knife confrontations involve someone "assassinating" you. You are wrong.

http://www.urbanfitandfearless.com/..._campaign=Knife_Attacks&utm_medium=social&m=1

Hopefully someone reads this.

So. Lemme ask you this. If you live in an area where open carry is fine with law enforcement....then why are you jumping through so many contrived hoops to conceal the damn thing?

Put it in a belt sheath outside your pocket like anybody else does and be done with it. It's what I'd do. YMMV.

And I'm outta this one. The "goofy" meter has pegged.

I am not a fan of open carry it lets other people know what weapons you have.

Third I can "Eject" this glock knife with one hand. I have my hand by my pocket allot.

Ok, I think I get it now. You plan to keep your hand in your pocket, eject the sheath in pocket and withdraw the exposed blade from your pocket ready for use? Dude, please don't do this. There's a thing called the femoral artery and encounters between it and a knife always end well for the knife...

Seventh If and this is a big if, but if I ever got into a knife fight even though I train martial arts what makes you think I would be able to get my knife before the guy with the knife has me killed or such. If someone wants to "attack" you with a knife it is not a "fight" It is an "assassination" and you will not see the knife till you have already been stabbed or cut. Tell me I am wrong and I will tell you to do more research on this topic.

So, this is for those kind of knife fights were you stand off against your opponent and he kinda says "come at me, Brah" and then you say "No, come at me, Brah" and then he flinches and you back step and then he kinda growls and you sneer and then he says "c'mon, less yer chicken" then you say "I eat chicken, brah" and he says "prove it, don't talk it" and you say "I will prove it, Brah" and he says "I'm not your Brah, Pal" and you say "I'm not your Pal, Buddy" and then he kinda pulls out his knife and lets it flash in the light for you and you pull out yours except it doesn't flash because yours is all tactical and black and way more deadly and he laughs and says "you kill butterflies with that, Brah?" and you say "you'd be surprised what I can kill with this, Buddy" and then the cops with guns get there?

These really are the most common type of knife fights, so it makes sense to prepare for it...not the whip-it-out-and-use-it-in-a-flash technique only used by ninjas, assassins and ISIS.

You are not alone in the art of Mall Ninjitsu for I am a practioner as well :eek: ...
OK, not really. But it sure was fun to see how I would pocket an 8" fixed :) ...

pocket.carry.jpg

Everybody stop feeding him.
He's clearly a 20th-degree super Black-Belt ninja supreme.

Jamie, you've never been in a knife fight. Ever. You even said yourself that the winner of a knife fight dies at the hospital. You dont seem dead.
The way you talk and act PROVES that you've never been in a knife fight. Thinking you need a 12inch blade and all.
And if you were that into it, you wouldn't be buying Glock knives. You'd have something far more high-end than that.

And before you call me out, I am well aware that I've never been in a knife fight. Hell, I've never even been in a fist fight.
I carry a knife as a tool and use it as such.

Maybe the pain from the baseball bat in his pants is clouding his judgment.

I dont think the op has anyone to blame but himself for any ridicule he gets. People do weird things all the time on this forum and it rarely leads to an ongoing ridicule. Its the fact that some new members come in and claim they are seeking advice and openly admit they have limited experience yet when advice is given that isnt exactly what they want to hear they get salty and now we have a call out thread to naysayers over what many think is an impractical idea.

Seems he had his mind made up to put a fixed blade in his front pocket from the get go and wanted everyone to tell him he is a genius. Now I dont think anyone is obligated to follow the advice given to them. Even when someone specifically asks for it. I just think there is a time to stop arguing your points from an admitted vantage point of ignorance and do what you are going to do without trying to get validation from those who know better.

If I was worried about a knife attack, I'd prefer either a pistol or a baton/cane.

I have a little martial arts training too, but it mostly taught me fighting with a knife against another knife is a really good way to get cut and bleed a lot. No thanks, I'd rather keep the bad guy out of knife range. (If I was going to carry a fixed blade openly for self-defense, it'd be a full-sized kukri. Intimidation factor for teh win.)

I think packing a 11" OAL knife in the front pocket instead of on the belt is probably more than a bit uncomfortable, but each to his own. Let us know how it works out in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back