We were all new here once

Today I got a wild hair and decided it would be fun to look into making knives, so...here I am! I read the post at the top of the thread. Thanks for the consideration. Nonetheless, I will be wearing my Nomex diaper, as usual.

Been a member here for quite a while but never really got involved in the forums. I've been getting more into knives as more than just a "tool" so now I'll actually be much more active. I have a true appreciation of knives now.

Hi,

I am new here and we are the manufacturer of outdoor gear including flashlights and very interested in become one of “Manufacturer's Forums”. How can we have our own "XTAR" sub-forum?

We want to create an official account and which Paid Subscriptions do we need? Hope anyone can help.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Bear
www.xtar.cc

Hi,

I am new here and we are the manufacturer of outdoor gear including flashlights and very interested in become one of “Manufacturer's Forums”. How can we have our own "XTAR" sub-forum?

We want to create an official account and which Paid Subscriptions do we need? Hope anyone can help.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Bear
www.xtar.cc
Welcome. :)

In regards to paid subscriptions, if you go to the upper left hand corner of the screen, under the Bladeforums logo, you will see a white "button" that says "Forum", to the immediate right of that button is another button that says "Paid Subscriptions". If you click on that button you will see a list of all the various paid membership levels, drop-down menus showing how much they cost, what the requirements are for each level, and what benefits you receive.

And welcome to all of the other new members who have posted in this thread :).

Hi from the Show-Me-State! This is my first day on the BladeForums (BF), and here with post #2. I did a mini-intro in another thread, but there seems to be a number of "newbie" comments here, and it has been an interesting read. So posting a second brief "new member" comment.

I have been reading various posts for a couple of months now, and a friend on another forum encouraged me to join BF because of all the help and expertise here. So this week I registered. l'll continue to mostly read "behind-the-scenes," because I'm very new to knives.

I've owned only 3 knives from elementary school days through my current grown-up (elder) days. As I became more interested in knives during my retirement years, I found and purchased 5 new knives. So this total of 8 knives is my entire collection!! I expect it to get larger in the days ahead.

Must comment that my long-time pocket companion for almost 33 years is a Victorinox. Through all those years this knife has given me no problems at all, and it has been a perfect pocket carry. It has two great blades and multi-tools. I cannot count how many things I've used it for. And it was a great travel blade in my younger years when I spent time doing some international travel. My Victorinox is a seasoned traveler!

Looking forward to many future visits and learning days on the BladeForums. In tune with this thread, I'm glad to be here.
Have a great day!

Welcome. :)

In regards to paid subscriptions, if you go to the upper left hand corner of the screen, under the Bladeforums logo, you will see a white "button" that says "Forum", to the immediate right of that button is another button that says "Paid Subscriptions". If you click on that button you will see a list of all the various paid membership levels, drop-down menus showing how much they cost, what the requirements are for each level, and what benefits you receive.

And welcome to all of the other new members who have posted in this thread :).

Hi, yes i have checked the paid subscriptions. But i can't find who responsible for adding a name in "Manufacturer's Forum" and have also click "Contact us" button, still didn't receive any replies. Could you tell us who should i contact? Thank you!

Hi, yes i have checked the paid subscriptions. But i can't find who responsible for adding a name in "Manufacturer's Forum" and have also click "Contact us" button, still didn't receive any replies. Could you tell us who should i contact? Thank you!
Click on this link http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/f...upport-General-Q-amp-A-Site-Feedback-amp-More

That's the Tech Support subforum here at Bladeforums. If you start a thread there you can ask any questions you want regarding your situation and before too long the moderators should read it and help you out.

My real name is Ryan, I am from Central California, I've been lurking for quite awhile reading various topics on various knife brands and specific models I've wanted reviews and opinions on, decided to join the forum and dive into the discussions in the general section, I've owned knives all my life but didn't really get into collecting until a bout 4 or 5 years ago and heavy collecting until 2 years ago, still in the stages of high value budget EDC's and other various things I deem a good value namely vintage pieces I find second-hand.

Hi Folks,

New to the forum, just popping in to say hi. Been a long time collector, looking to expand collection, and learn from fellow members... Hope to see you around!

Nathan

Hi,

I'm new to the forum as well and thought this might be a good thread to introduce myself.

I've taken an interest to good knives recently and would like to learn more about them so I thought that joining a forum would be the way to go.

Cheers to one and all.

Can anyone tell me how to start a thread? Sorry, I'm brand new

Welcome to Bladeforums :)

On the first page of each sub-forum, in the upper left hand corner under the Bladeforums logo, a little down from the top, is a blue "button" that says "+ Post New Thread" (that button only appears if a member is logged in). Click on that button, then enter a thread title in the provided title box, then type what you want to post in the larger box. In the lower right hand corner under the larger box are buttons for submitting your thread, which will put it on the front page of that particular sub-forum, and there is a "preview" button that allows you to preview your post before you submit it.

And welcome to all the other new members who have posted here :)

Last edited:
Wow... In 25 months, I can say I been on BladeForums for half my life.

Hi all... New the the forums here in sunny HI. Lots of great info for my new addiction.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I'm pretty new around here and not only a great thread here, but a well run forum. I must say I frequent a couple team specific sports forum and it's nonstop fighting and arguing about nothing. Newbie "hazing" and internet tough guys. Glad to say with few exeptions, this forum has been the most receptive and constructive I have come to experience.

THANKS MODS for an environment conducive to expanding my knowledge in a field that I find myself to be more green in than I had previously thought. Kudos. Some truly world class resources to be found within this forum.

Hello All, I'm new here too. Knife Junkie....Got about 200. Collected off and on all my life. As for the beginning of this thread. Some people no matter where are going to CHOOSE to be mean to others. It goes beyond mild "hazing". Doesn't matter if its School, Church or a knife forum, mean people will insult others or just be themselves no matter what, or where. This looks like a well-run Shop, looking forward to being here. Thanks.

Hi! Very new here and I think this may be my first post? I'm @indoedc on Instagram.
Got here mainly to lurk in the knife exchange and buy knives!
Wanted to be more involved so I'm going to every other subforums to see what's what.
Cheers

Hi all. New to the forum and knife collecting. I have a few knives but nothing special. I have been watching that tv show forged in fire and just have such a new found respect for the for blade makers. I am just in awe of their skills and techniques. Already made a purchase here as well. I am happy to have found this site and looking forward to getting more knowledge from everyone. As far people others on the site with short fuses, obnoxious or rude they wont have any affect on me. I was married there isn't a thing you can say or do that will offend me my ex beat to you too it:eek:

Back