We were all new here once

Welcome to the forum! You may post this in the Spyderco specific forum. However, before you do, and assuming you have not altered the knife in any way, I would suggest seeing if the retailer through which you purchased may facilitate a straight exchange. Some retailers will take the knife out of the box and check the grind for you when they send the replacement. If the retailer does not have sufficient stock, perhaps you could return it and look for another retailer with stock to purchase.

Without knowing what the actual grind looks like, I can't say whether I would accept the knife as is, but if this is important to you, it may be easier to try the method above rather than having Spyderco warranty it. Good luck!
I contacted Spyderco as soon as I received the knife ( I bought it directly from Spyderco due to the OpFocus discount) waiting for the response. I may go ahead and try calling as well since that would prolly be quicker. I appreciate the replies and I’ll pass along what they decide to do.

I don't mean to be preachy, but those of us who have been here awhile know that sometimes new members don't always receive much in the way of patience and understanding. Sometimes it's easy to jump on those who are new to knives, know less than we do, or simply have different tastes in knives. Sometimes criticism comes a little too easy on internet forums.

Remember that we were all new to knives once, we didn't know anything. And if we were lucky someone with a generous amount of patience and understanding was willing to take the time to teach us, even if it meant pushing their patience and understanding to the limit.

How many of us can say that every knife purchase we made was a smart one. How many of us at some point have bought a knife simply because we thought it was "cool", or "tactical", etc. How many of us have bought knives from questionable companies with silly marketing. I doubt that any here are perfect.

In my humble opinion, this forum should be about more than personal entertainment, it should also be a place to provide guidance to those who are new to this "hobby", even if that means exerting a bit more patience and understanding. After all, how would we want to be treated if we were new here? In the end, we can teach new members a lot more with patience and understanding than with insults and criticism.

Of course, if you've been here a while then you better have thick skin, because you're fair game ;).

Just my thoughts.

UPDATE: It's been over 8 years since I started this thread, and I thought it was time for an update.

When I started this thread back in 2012, new members were sometimes treated a bit rough. But things have changed since then. These days most active members are eager to help new members. So I don't want you to get the impression that you're entering a lions den where the members are just waiting to bite your head off. I think you'll find the vast majority of members to be friendly and helpful. So welcome, and enjoy :).
Awesome post. I am new to this world of knife collecting, and noticed a few on here are down right rude. But I know there are a lot of good people out there.

Nobody has been rude to you O Olas40 . They gave you the lay of the land concerning the forum rules, and instead of trying to understand why the rules exist, you said "delete my account". Bladeforums is a huge site that costs money to maintain. It is perfectly reasonable for the site owner to require a contribution to those costs from people seeking to gain from their use of the site.

I don't mean to be preachy, but those of us who have been here awhile know that sometimes new members don't always receive much in the way of patience and understanding. Sometimes it's easy to jump on those who are new to knives, know less than we do, or simply have different tastes in knives. Sometimes criticism comes a little too easy on internet forums.

Remember that we were all new to knives once, we didn't know anything. And if we were lucky someone with a generous amount of patience and understanding was willing to take the time to teach us, even if it meant pushing their patience and understanding to the limit.

How many of us can say that every knife purchase we made was a smart one. How many of us at some point have bought a knife simply because we thought it was "cool", or "tactical", etc. How many of us have bought knives from questionable companies with silly marketing. I doubt that any here are perfect.

In my humble opinion, this forum should be about more than personal entertainment, it should also be a place to provide guidance to those who are new to this "hobby", even if that means exerting a bit more patience and understanding. After all, how would we want to be treated if we were new here? In the end, we can teach new members a lot more with patience and understanding than with insults and criticism.

Of course, if you've been here a while then you better have thick skin, because you're fair game ;).

Just my thoughts.

UPDATE: It's been over 8 years since I started this thread, and I thought it was time for an update.

When I started this thread back in 2012, new members were sometimes treated a bit rough. But things have changed since then. These days most active members are eager to help new members. So I don't want you to get the impression that you're entering a lions den where the members are just waiting to bite your head off. I think you'll find the vast majority of members to be friendly and helpful. So welcome, and enjoy :).

Just my thoughts.

Thankyou I just got the app and was wondering if someone could help understand how to pm someone lol

Thankyou I just got the app and was wondering if someone could help understand how to pm someone lol

Welcome to Bladeforums cfkguy.

You need to be a Gold member or higher to send and receive private messages. It's just one of the many benefits of being a Gold member or higher, like being able to post pictures directly from your computer, being able to ask for knife values, and being able to sell things on this forum. If you want to learn more about becoming a Gold member (or higher) click on "Paid Subscriptions" in the dark blue strip across the top of the screen.

But even without a Gold membership you can still leave messages on peoples profile pages, the messages just won't be private. To do this just run your cursor over the persons avatar, then click on their user name, and that will take you to their profile page. Then you will see where to leave them a message (where it says "Write Something").

C cfkguy
killgar got most of it. I'll point out that Basic members (the least expensive paid subscription group) get private messaging; but it is pretty limited in terms of the number of conversations/messages.
Also, not everybody leaves profile messages enabled; so that may not always be an option for making contact. If you do go that route, be mindful of the fact that profile messages are public & anybody that wants to look can see them (as noted by killgar). They don't even have to look at a specific person's profile - there's a menu option that's let's people scroll through all the recent profile posts.

Hello Everyone

Tim from Plymouth, Ma.
I am 63 been in and out of knife collecting most of my life, sold my collection many yrs ago but I am getting back into it recently.
First knife I purchased just last week is a Chris Reeves large lefty Inkosi ~ so far so good, I am looking at Rick Hinderer's for my next little toy.

Thanks
Tim

Hello Everyone

Tim from Plymouth, Ma.
I am 63 been in and out of knife collecting most of my life, sold my collection many yrs ago but I am getting back into it recently.
First knife I purchased just last week is a Chris Reeves large lefty Inkosi ~ so far so good, I am looking at Rick Hinderer's for my next little toy.

Thanks
Tim
Welcome from a southerly neighbor!

Just my thoughts.

Hellow there my frind! Just got here here tonight and already got scoulded by the adm. for asking if someone knew the value (Not selling anything) of a vintage knife! So I guess this "Forum" ain't for me!

Hellow there my frind! Just got here here tonight and already got scoulded by the adm. for asking if someone knew the value (Not selling anything) of a vintage knife! So I guess this "Forum" ain't for me!

Those are the rules, and a forum without rules, or moderators to enforce them, doesn't last very long. This forum has been around since 1998. I'm sure many other forums haven't lasted nearly as long due to a lack of rules.

Asking for valuations is one benefit of a paid membership (Gold or higher), and those paid memberships help pay to keep this forum going (again, since 1998).

But a person doesn't need to be a paying member to enjoy this forum and learn a lot about knives here. I was a non-paying member here for a long time before buying a membership.

But you're right, this forum ain't for everyone. If you see no value in being here, you're free to leave and never come back. And you don't even need to say goodbye.

Hey all! I hang my hat in SE Texas north of Houston. I have had a pocket knife in my pocket since I was 7 or 8 years old. People who have teased me about this often come back at some later time to borrow my knife. I’m sliding down the back side of 50 these days and trying to enjoy the finer things. Things like sharp EDC knives, both slip-joint and locking types. I have been carrying a Dragonfly since giving my son my old Delica for use as a glovebox knife. Another favorite EDC of mine is a basic brown Case 217. 🍻

Hey all! I hang my hat in SE Texas north of Houston. I have had a pocket knife in my pocket since I was 7 or 8 years old. People who have teased me about this often come back at some later time to borrow my knife. I’m sliding down the back side of 50 these days and trying to enjoy the finer things. Things like sharp EDC knives, both slip-joint and locking types. I have been carrying a Dragonfly since giving my son my old Delica for use as a glovebox knife. Another favorite EDC of mine is a basic brown Case 217. 🍻
Welcome to the insanity!!

I was doing some research on a couple of sites and saw some discussion on what I was researching on this site so I am new member I was also researching a case # PA6254 knife I have found 1 for sale thinking to buy it just to look at it my guess the p stands for purple and the a Stand for Appolusses but it 2.5 miles to my front gate so I really don’t see any people to ask out my way thanks JD

Greetings all. I'm a early Browning knife nut (gil hidden designs). I can't help it. I'm sarcastic, love animals, don't hunt, don't eat meat. I have had an incredible life and, at 73 still kickin' some serious arse.
My interest in certain knives is design, build and of course comfort in the hand. Like a CZ PCR 9mm. Comfort. Of late I've acquired a couple Vipers from Italy.....holyeeee smokes.

Over and out,
Scoutingranch
SoCal

Big hello from the great state of Oklahoma. I'm 59 & newly retired, love all things outdoors, hunting, fishing, guns, knives, cooking etc.etc. Have lurked here for a while, finally decided to join, Think I'll hang around a bit and test the waters before paying a fee though. I'm as thick skinned as any man you'll ever meet but unnecessary rudeness is just that, unnecessary, And lots of forums tolerate way too much of it IMO. That said I know there's lots of good people as well as ton's of knowledge on here, Looking forward to picking a few brains.

Back