What did you rehang today?

it still looks good,if it is past its temper, it'll still be a good splitting boys axe since its a small head and edge retention isnt as important

kDmjbMY.jpg

Very nice Junkenstein!

Last edited:
I rehung this saw...
Well maybe not, but close enough. Its a 18" D-8 Disston. Cleaned up with water and a broken chunk of a sand stone wheel. I thought it was a panel saw but was told it was a trim saw and the lack of set in the teeth and shape was original to it. I don't know. Sure there are some others here more knowledgeable than me that might say something. I followed what was there and it doesn't cut fast but it is pretty kind on finishing cuts with out tear out. I will use it for odd jobs around the shop.
The etch pop back out but I am not photographer enough to catch it.
P1010011_zps2lzzujeb.jpg

P1010013_zpshuplhjtm.jpg

I rehung this saw...
Well maybe not, but close enough. Its a 18" D-8 Disston. Cleaned up with water and a broken chunk of a sand stone wheel. I thought it was a panel saw but was told it was a trim saw and the lack of set in the teeth and shape was original to it. I don't know. Sure there are some others here more knowledgeable than me that might say something. I followed what was there and it doesn't cut fast but it is pretty kind on finishing cuts with out tear out. I will use it for odd jobs around the shop.
The etch pop back out but I am not photographer enough to catch it.
P1010011_zps2lzzujeb.jpg

P1010013_zpshuplhjtm.jpg
The handle is in great shape for a 1940's or earlier disston.
If you want to know exactly what you're saw is go to the disstonian institute, it's a great sight with about anything you may want to know about disston.

The handle is in great shape for a 1940's or earlier disston.
If you want to know exactly what you're saw is go to the disstonian institute, it's a great sight with about anything you may want to know about disston.
That's a good site for dating disstons. It dates the medallion 1896-1917.

Back