What did you rehang today?

How about some specs on that whip?

25" tip to tip, grip is right at about 23.5 the head weights 1.25 lbs and measures 5.25 x 3 ⅛ and the handle cross section is 1 ⅛ x ⅝ The handle was made from a Council Tools boys axe replacement handle and has been shortened, thinned, and reshaped to my liking.
Hacked! I think you just "leveled up" your take on the small head on a longer handle.

Impressed but not surprised that you put something like that together - :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, and good eye. I've actually been looking for a decent full sized axe handle for a 4 lbs head believe it or not. As much as I hate to after my last order it's looking like a Link handle from Amazon is my best bet. I hear the wax coated ones are better quality, crossings my fingers.

Last edited:
25" tip to tip, grip is right at about 23.5 the head weights 1.25 lbs and measures 5.25 x 3 ⅛ and the handle cross section is 1 ⅛ x ⅝ The handle was made from a Council Tools boys axe replacement handle and has been shortened, thinned, and reshaped to my liking.
It is very visual appealing. Nice work.

Agreed.

Hacked - I don't know what it costs to send just a handle (regular post office style).

Good wood does seem tougher to come by than steel.

Amazon is cheap to order from with prime. The problem is in not being able to hand pick your handle. Everyone I've ordered has had poor grain orientation which leads to run out with curved handles.

The good news is I have a friend who is working on getting a supply of Amish made Hickory handles out to the axe enthusiast crowd. He sent me a couple of examples of smaller handles and the quality is top notch. Currently he's working on getting 20", 24", and 28" templates together for the maker. Hopefully that works out as it would be nice to have a good source of consistent quality handles.

The first handle looked good. But ended up having cracks all through it. I literally bent it and snapped it with my hands.
So I ended up with this one.

Hung, still flat ground. Lazy people and grinders;)

Same.

About ten minutes or so with two files and two stones. Worked the flat out, (blended in, feathered in the shoulder, however.) made it less steep and thinned it out.

Last edited:
Some of them Plumbs had really rounded bits. A little wear on the toes and they look more worn than they actually are.
They take some file work to get back in order or sure. Or you can just use a bench grinder...

Kevin, I'm not super code smart but I think maybe your picture links from bushcraftnederland.nl are the code to download them to your machine/your access to their location and not the "display" codes.

At least when I mess with the links it takes me to an error page on their site gives a notice about keeping them under 10mb- google translate isn't perfect but the error page looks like something a logged-in member there would get.

It may be also that their site frowns upon offsite picture linking - some do that to limit the bandwidth traffic burden on them to become secondary content hosts.

Hickory n Steel wrote this up last night for Harry.

What you'll want to do is create a postimage account because you have to use an image hosting sight if you don't have a paid membership.
You don't need to download the app or anything, just created you account.
Once you find where it says to upload and says choose photo or video you can either select documents for a picture you've already taken or choose camera to take the picture right then.
Once the upload is complete you can scroll down and select the thumbnail for forums to copy it ( it'll say copied )
The you can post your pictures here in the Bernard Levine's collector and identification forum
To do this you just tap and hold and select paste.

As far as a host, I use Photobucket but it can be annoying. Someone could recommend a better one.

If you have posts on the nederlandbushcraft site you might try navigating to one of your posts, right click, "copy image address", choose the Mountain/Sun icon, paste there (insert picture) - if that site doesn't host your picture directly you might just be able to lift the address of the one that does.

*I tried to make an account there just now but can't get through the antibot verification of the question, "wat krijg je na het omdraaien van sob:" lol (any help there would be appreciated););)

Back