What Fiddleback Forge knife are you totin' today?

46c2fbdc743254d6f0c35697b56c741f.jpg

Since I'd never laid my hands on one, a forum member of "special caliber" [emoji41]sent me this to try out. The Patch had never really captured my attention until now. I now know what others who own one already know ! Well needed time off for Camping this weekend. I'll take good care of this one !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fancy pen you have there Vance. It's worthy of the lanyard bead. Oh yeah, the knife is nice too.

Since I'd never laid my hands on one, a forum member of "special caliber" [emoji41]sent me this to try out. The Patch had never really captured my attention until now. I now know what others who own one already know ! Well needed time off for Camping this weekend. I'll take good care of this one !

Nice one

That one's a beauty. Something about it looks mighty familiar though, like I might have handled it at one time...:)

Enjoy the Patch Douglas. My Compadre did you good with that one. If if fits your hand right, it is extremely versatile beyond what you would expect from its size.

Phil

That one's a beauty. Something about it looks mighty familiar though, like I might have handled it at one time...:)

Enjoy the Patch Douglas. My Compadre did you good with that one. If if fits your hand right, it is extremely versatile beyond what you would expect from its size.

Phil

I will definitely be using this one this weekend Phil. And I'm not surprised that you've handled this one a time or two. A good man indeed, I hope to meet Your Compadre face to face this year. Likewise if there's a gathering in Texas maybe you'll make the trip!

I will definitely be using this one this weekend Phil. And I'm not surprised that you've handled this one a time or two. A good man indeed, I hope to meet Your Compadre face to face this year. Likewise if there's a gathering in Texas maybe you'll make the trip!

If there is smoked meat involved along with some of your awesome looking side dishes, I don't see how I could resist the opportunity to hang out with good friends.

Phil

You have enough of my knives :D

I listed this on the regular exchange several weeks ago. Its been sitting on my desk ever since. Today i decided to give it a new place to sit. My pocket.

I was initially worried, but I'm happy to report that I get a ton of enjoyment out of seeing you carry that 'falcen. Definitely more than I would have gotten out of it myself.

What pants did you grab for it? I'm going to guess a Diomedes ISP in walnut....

Thanks, and: thanks! The pattern appeals to me on so many levels, and this particular knife ticks lots of boxes-- the spalting and swedge are superb, set off well by the understated appointments of the handle and liners. :thumbup:

IMG_5349%20copy.jpg~original

I've been carrying it all week, and yea unto the week end:

IMG_5418.jpg~original

As for pants, I opted for an APS in a favorite tone, Russet. The sheath is ruddier than expected...

IMG_5407.jpg~original

... so it doesn't quite complement the ironwood the way I'd hoped? The Stubby Muk's sheath at the far right is more what I had in mind, a subtle but affecting difference. However, the 'falcen's sheath will age well, and it will look superfly with a certain hoped-for Future 'Falcen if/when the time comes. :cool:

Meanwhile, I oiled the clip leather (and lightly dressed the sheath body) and am liking the difference:

IMG_0320%201.jpg~original

While I have you on the phone: Do you know what the two small slots are for on the sheath that came with the knife?

IMG_0319.jpg~original

Love this new falcen!
IMG_0503_zpszs3yun3w.jpg

That's a very striking knife. Congrats. :)

One thing I just noticed on mine is that maker's mark is on the handle area of the spine, not further forward on the blade like on my others:

IMG_5396.jpg~original

IMG_5393.jpg~original

I'm guessing it's because the swedge's taper doesn't provide enough room on a knife this size? Either way I like it, and wouldn't mind the placement on larger/non-swedged blades. :thumbup:

Edit: Not a Bear Cub after all ... was marked incorrectly on BladeCo USA. However, still a very nice Bushnub II
(blue shirt is reflecting in the blade btw)
NavyBearcub-vi.jpg

And there you have it! Fortunately, you like Bushnub IIs...? What's the steel width and tang type?

Two of your other Bushnub IIs head-to-head belly-to-belly with a Bear Cub....
IMG_2207.jpg~original

IMG_2205.jpg~original

(The latter two look awfully close, don't they? Hmmmmm.)

IMG_2196.jpg~original

Bushnub II, Bushnub II, Bear Cub, Bushnub

~ P.

While I have you on the phone: Do you know what the two small slots are for on the sheath that came with the knife?

IMG_0319.jpg~original

I was wondering the same thing myself about those slots. The only thing that I can think is flexibility of the leather...

One thing I just noticed on mine is that maker's mark is on the handle area of the spine, not further forward on the blade like on my others:

IMG_5396.jpg~original

IMG_5393.jpg~original

I'm guessing it's because the swedge's taper doesn't provide enough room on a knife this size? Either way I like it, and wouldn't mind the placement on larger/non-swedged blades. [emoji106]

I believe you're right, I haven't looked at other 3/32" falcens for comparison, but assume it's a space issue.

Back