What is your favorite small fixed blade carry knife (under 5" black length)?

I typically carry a SOG Seal Pup in a kydex sheath. I live in ND which is the worst Police State in the country so you have to be careful about what you carry around here with the predator cops all over, And the knife can't even be a certain shape. it must also be under 5". I'm wondering what you all carry around who have to live in dumps like this?

I typically carry a SOG Seal Pup in a kydex sheath. I live in ND which is the worst Police State in the country so you have to be careful about what you carry around here with the predator cops all over, And the knife can't even be a certain shape. it must also be under 5".
Concealed. You can openly carry any knife you want in ND. Other states are worse.

I have a bunch of 4.5“ blades, my favorites being from CPK.

Concealed. You can openly carry any knife you want in ND. Other states are worse.

I have a bunch of 4.5“ blades, my favorites being from CPK.

You don't understand this State man. If they wanna get you they will. Especially if you're advertising. Cops will show up and try to find something to arrest you for and they usually will. Disturbing the peace, terrorizing, brandishing a weapon, disorderly conduct. It's really bad here. They'll figure something out to get you on. The job justifying cops are always looking for easy targets and just around to get you. So that's why you have to be really careful these days.

Last edited:
For a fixed blade in the 3” range I would go for a fixed blade Elvia
I have a couple of Elvia folders and this blade shape is much more utilitarian than one can assume before using them

The Benchmade canyon Hunter looks fun too but I have no personal experience with this one

Otherwise anything from Esee can work for me

Bad picturetaken in haste. I apologize but to give you an idea of my common Alaska fixed blade carry it's one of these.
The 2 on the left are 3" range.
Top left is my DM riverhawk. I carried it every day for a year and put it through everything no holding back. It has been an amazing work knife. Bottom left is a DM speed weasel, it is a grab and go setup. I put a simple Paracord loop on the end of the sheath so it is great for pocket carry or (my favorite) dangle from the belt tip up.

The 2 on the right are 4" range.
Top right is a DM one off he made to order 8670. General EDC task monster. Love everything about it. Below that is my LT Wright northern hunter in 3v. This has been my headed to the wilderness knife for 5ish? Years. Can't honestly remember when I bought it. Great blade but the handle is a little think for my EDC preference.

ZhCU7bQ.jpeg

Edit to add I like to keep my belt knives no longer than 8.5" and no shorter than 7" for comfort carry and options with mounting angle and placement.

Idk if I missed this, but Are you saying 5" total length, or merely blade length?

Back