What lights do you guys own?

donscpoo

Gold Member
These 2 are my favorite lights. I pretty much stopped buying lights after I found these 2.

First up is this Malkoff Hound Dog. I m a sucker for Malkoff lights. This is my goto light for my night hikes. It has good throw and spill. I paired it with a MD4 body which gives me enough juice to last 4-5 hours. It is built like a tank and I never worry about it failing me when I am deep inside the nature reserve. I do carry a spare [emoji12]

27522225902_417f0389f9_b.jpg

Next up if my favorite EDC. This is HDS with Nichia 219 dropin. It has one of the most beautiful beam and color. It is my travel light which I will never leave home without it.

27012460193_df88e57b9b_b.jpg

These are some of my other lights which I seldom use.

27011427674_4655b3d2de_b.jpg

The grail light which I can never convince myself to buy is a Mcgizmo Haiku. Don't get me wrong. It is an excellent light but I just cannot get over spending so much money on a light yet [emoji28]

Don

I own Streamlight, Surefire, Nitecore and Fenix..
IMO Hands down the best bang for buck and engineering is Fenix.. I found them to be the best engineered, most innovative, highest output, most reliable for the money.
I keep 5 PD 35's around the house which are goto CR123/18650 rechargeable flashlights. Though the surefire's are tough The fenix's will easily handle eveything you could possibly through at a surefire- that means the body, the seals, the electronics, and the contacts. Finix have the best engineered and both side tension springs I have seen. Both sides tension floats the battery so shock (like a 12 gauge shotgun mount) won't matter.

There are four must haves..
1- PD35 / PD35tatical... 1000 lumen handheld with dual springs with weapon mount rugid with weapon adapters..
2-Fenix HL60R 18650 headlamp.. it's got a 950lumen Neutral XM-L2 T6 that looks fantastic.
3-CL25R 18650 350 lumen lantern.. with magnetic base.. Great as a portable worklight for Hvac,computer repairs etc..
4-TK 75.. 4000 lumen output.. and you can add battery extension. Great for spot-long throw and just lighting up a Stadium.

Last edited:
K40vn
TN32UTvn
Nitecore EC4S
Olight s15 to
Olight s2 Cu
TN30
Fenix PD35
Lumintop Tool-vn Cu
Solarforce s2200
Fenix E12

I'm sure there are a few more...

Surefire 6P, Defender, Backup(my fav) and a X300.

Last week my buddy had a really small Streamlight that had a clip and a neck lanyard. I really liked that one. Need to find one.

Energizer Carabiner LED Area Tent Light
Fenix Flashlights LD22 2015 Edition 300 Lumen LED
SureFire G2X Pro Dual Output LED Flashligh
Fenix HP30 900 Lumen LED Headlamp Flashlight with Two LegionArms 18650 Rechargeable Batteries and Charger

McGizmo Haiku AA is my everything light. I love it.
I also carry a McGizmo Sapphire on my keychain with a SAK alox cadet.
I have a Ti EagTac 25c which I use for my bike commuter light and my camping light
And a Surefiure G2X for a bedside/utility/halloween/etc light.

I love the mcgizmo's most. I sold and traded off all my other lights to fund them, and they make me pretty happy.

I don't consider myself a flashlight nut, but the ones I have I do enjoy.
1d18fd31cb712698d3081b7c7026456e.jpg

Fenix PD35, this one is by my gun safe, the strobe feature can really disorient you to the point of nausea,, I know because I tested it out on friends [emoji3]
Fenix LD15: good all around pocket light.
ARC: rock solid little AAA light, too bad the company is going out of business.

Big Fenix pd35 fan here too! Owned some surefire in the past, tend toward streamlights these days! Seems like most companies have caught up in the power and reliability game... Great to be able to get a great light for less than $100

I EDC'd my Olight T10 for quite a few years. Such a great light. Then I decided to go Ti with the EagleTac D25C. I like it, but didn't love it. So I decided to go custom and my research said McGizmo Haiku. I loved it so much, I ended up getting a Mule and a Sundrop too. I'm a holster guy, so I EDC the Sundrop during the week and the Haiku on the weekend. The Mule is my pocket light when holster carry isn't practical.

The little Olight S1 Baton for a single cell is great. I like the four sevens minis, too, but not as much as the Olight.

I'm not a flashlight nut either, I have had mostly cheapies and stream lights. I do love my Olight s10r baton II. It just does not hold a charge as long as I like. I need to get a larger one for my pack. Right now I use a GSX 60 for my pack light and it has a great balance of light and battery life.

For many years I passively looked at lights, was frustrated and made jerry rigs of my own. Then, finally, finally a few years a go my dream lights became available. Well almost dream lights anyway. Now I am just wanting very minor and unnecessary features.

The top light and the clamp mount above I use on and off the bicycle for nightly commuting in the winter. It is robustly built with a thick metal (heat finned yet) front end. Four brightness settings plus strobe. Stobe being last like I like it because I have no use for it. USB rechargeable but comes with a very compact charger. Oh and it has a power level indicator light. That blue glow you see surrounding the round button. Blue when good, red and flashing when you need to drop a brightness setting or two before it goes out which could damage the battery. I can go for at lest fifteen minutes after red and dropping from high to next one down or from three down to next to lowest. Practical feature.

The following feature is very important to me and I used to bang the table for years and years and ask WHY NOT ? ? ! ! ? ?
that is : it recharges in a couple a four hours. My Dewalt cordless drills recharge in like forty five minutes and have for ten years and I have to put up with rechargeable lights that take eight hours ? ? ? ?
WHY ? ? ? ?
That used to drive me crazy !
I would just grab the Dewalt flash light and snap in a battery pack and not even glance at all those three hundred dollar lights that took a whole work day to recharge. Though the Dewalt light out put SUUUUUUCKED at least she was ready to go when I was.

THEN that GLORIOUS day happened . . . the Serfas hit the market (not sure who makes it Serfas is a more general equipment company). Had it for years, they have no doubt "improved" it I just hope they haven't ruined a good thing.

Next up is the Coast brand inspection light. VERY focused beam for inspection of machinery etc. One beam / brightness setting. Just on or off with momentary on by pressing the button on the end part way. Metal button, deeply recessed so it WON'T come on accidentally in your pocket. Takes one AAA battery. You might say :
That sucks / can't use a lower setting and save battery.
Can't be very bright if just that little O' battery.

Never fear it is bright enough for its intended purpose and my first battery . . . hahaha . . . the one it came with no less . . . lasted for six months of pretty much daily intermittent use. I couldn't ask for more.
[well actually I can and do but that is where the "very minor and unnecessary features" I spoke of comes in. I want it in Titanium and rechargeable. Probably not worth getting all exercised about. It is already made of THICK stainless steel that you could quite literally drive over it with your car tire and not damage it. Inexspensive, good stuff.

I just put the Shrade pen up there for size comparison. By the way the Coast inspection light sits in my shirt pocket next to the Schrade pen. The pocket clip on the light is black rubberized and grips the pocket but lets go when you try to pull it out.

Perfection.

Lastly and I am embarrassed to say how many of these I own.
THE FREEDOM LIGHT.

Now there was a REAL smart feller that made this let me tell you !
Dimable . . . can go from "this is bright enough to geeter done" down to "I can see good enough in pitch dark and this will last all night" The number of settings and progamabiltity is pretty amazing for a sixteen dollar light that has been on the market for like ten or fifteen years.
Magnetic base
clamp on base (same one as the magnetic base). Clips to your hat/visor or eye glasses for hands free reconnoitering . . . what's not to like ?
That base will stand up on a flat surface and can aim it without it falling over
comes with a neck string and more simple clip in accessory
I have never broken one. I literally use mine daily for ten years now.

The only limitation is the internal dot switch cannot take high ambient heat. If I carry it in my pants pocket when the temp is over 90°F the glue that holds the switch moves around. Can take the cover off and get it back in the center. Solution is to clip it just inside my shirt pocket or use the neck string.

Oh and it is TOTALLY water proof. Send it through the washing machine and see for your self.
check out all the beam light colors . I use the blue one for finding my way around the house in the dark. For some reason it doesn't make me too awake and I can fall right back asleep. Yellow or orange brings out detail. Ever try to read black molded on lettering on some old black rubber surface? Yellow or orange light my friend. Oh yah.

PS:
good for "high tech" lighting in your surreal photos for Blade Forums posts.

Last edited:
Hunter you may be refering to the micro stream c4. They are handy lights but I have been through about 5 before I got my Olight. It always seemed the buttons cropped out on me, of course at the most unfortunate times. Great for the money but not reliable in my daily use. Not to say I wouldn't still get another being as they're less then $20 and come in such a small package.

I do still EDC my steam light pro. A little tall but great all a rounder for my work.

i have a surefire peacekeeper and a jetbeam ko. i would like another surefire but i find it hard to justify the money.

Back