What lights do you guys own?

The Haiku is also not very bright. It's not meant to be. And Don charged me an extra $75-$100 to bead blast it lol. I have the high CRI version. I had a HDS but I much prefer the Haiku.

It's about the form, durability, materials, supporting innovation. Not about a crazy high output and overheating with poor battery life.

Look at the machining on the titanium.

The Alpha writes pen is the most expensive piece in the picture haha.

I agree Haiku is one awesome light. As I have limited budget, there always this Haiku vs XXX knife which I wanna get. The XXX knife seems to win the battle all this years lol. To the point I have gave up.

If I were to do it this year again, it will be Haiku vs CRK Large Inkosi. No brainier who is going to be the winner again lol

BTW, there is no Haiku vs S!K. All my S!K orders are logged in. I m patiently waiting for their delivery [emoji56]

Don

Man some of you guys have more in your lights then I do in all my gear combined!

My Olight has been awesome so far. I'm thinking of getting a S30R II but I don't know anything about 18650's. If any comments are welcomed.

I agree Haiku is one awesome light. As I have limited budget, there always this Haiku vs XXX knife which I wanna get. The XXX knife seems to win the battle all this years lol. To the point I have gave up.

If I were to do it this year again, it will be Haiku vs CRK Large Inkosi. No brainier who is going to be the winner again lol

I have a large Inkosi on the way to me now. 99% chance in selling it. Let me know if you want first right on refusal!

Man some of you guys have more in your lights then I do in all my gear combined!

My Olight has been awesome so far. I'm thinking of getting a S30R II but I don't know anything about 18650's. If any comments are welcomed.

18650 are a bit big for pocket carry IMO. Awesome otherwise.

Love the S10R but battery life sucks. I been using my stream light stylus pro for EDC for at least two months and it's still going off the AAA's from who knows when. My s10r it's practical every day.

I'm looking more towards my truck bag (fishing pack) light, dresser light for momma and the .357 magnum.

I have a large Inkosi on the way to me now. 99% chance in selling it. Let me know if you want first right on refusal!

You are so evil lol.

I must resist. I am actually after one with inlay as I have yet to own any CRK with inlay.

So you jokers got me looking at Fenix, Olight and even at Haikus. Just addad that to my must-have list.... Thanks a lot :grumpy:

Love the S10R but battery life sucks. I been using my stream light stylus pro for EDC for at least two months and it's still going off the AAA's from who knows when. My s10r it's practical every day.

I'm looking more towards my truck bag (fishing pack) light, dresser light for momma and the .357 magnum.

Then I would say go for it.

I recommend authentic or rebranded is fine, Panasonic NCR18650B Rechargeable Lithium Ion Batteries with Protected Integrated Circuits (PIC). These ones are 3.7v @ 3400 mAh. Pretty awesome.

You are so evil lol.

I must resist. I am actually after one with inlay as I have yet to own any CRK with inlay.

You will probably get all your pre-orders from S!K before an inlay ships in the large Inkosi; unless they are just using the 25 scale which is possible. I will be able to tell you shortly.

As an S!K fan, I know you are OK with waiting!

18650 are a bit big for pocket carry IMO. Awesome otherwise.

Some pocket carry 18650 in a ZebraLight. Very appealing user interface for those who regularly use a torch.

Also, Oveready carries a few (dare I say practical) jewels that may be just what some of you folks need, given the proclivities displayed.

I'm a Surefire nerd.

2 6P's, 2 M600U's, 3 X300U-B's, 2 EB1T's, 3 Sidekicks, a million G2X's, and there's another 6P on the docket, as well as an EB2T and P3X Fury at some point.

Other than that, I've a handful of Maglite's (the newer 3D LED version, a 3D incan, and a few XL-something or others), some Streamlight pen lights, and Energizer headlamps. Need a good headlamp, thinking Petzl or Surefire.

All you guys with these fancy torches are killing me!
All I really use are these 3.
Brass Peak Eiger AAA
Eagletac d25c Ti cr123
Fenix E12 AA

75d964bbf2965337c99e875f2a4253f5.jpg

All you guys with these fancy torches are killing me!
All I really use are these 3.
Brass Peak Eiger AAA
Eagletac d25c Ti cr123
Fenix E12 AA

I think what you have is good enough for day to day use bro. That Eagletac is a nice light.

CR123 is now old school but not going anywhere till the military adopts something else. Might as well consider using it, Surefire brand or Panasonic are great and readily available. I bought 50 Panasonic from BatteryJunction for $1.XX each and every single one tested good.

I use AA as much as I can vs AAA as AAA are too low capacity to be of much practical use, the most I get is about 900 mah out of Eneloop Pro.

I was hesitant to use it as well, but needed to for my Surefire weapon lights. Since I had them anyways I thought I would try a EDC light and once I did I was in love. So for me it's tough to beat it. I'll take an AA and an AAA grudgingly but for durability, storability and size, I mean sure 18650 is awesome but it's like the size of a can of coke compared to a CR123.

I might be willing to put a CR123 light on a firearm, as it is going to see less use than a handlight. But $1+ per battery is still a lot of bucks for the amount of light I can get out of a Surefire, even an LED one, to compare with my AA Fenix lights. And I'm not necessarily talking about throw, but duration. All the Surefires I have are from years ago. The P60 was a couple years old, at least, when I put the Surefire LED conversion on it. And Surefire was just starting to put out their LED lights and conversion heads when I got out. I just didn't see paying that much for a light, and it appears they've gone north from there.

I can get a AA Fenix for a quarter the cost of a Surefire that throws enough light for me to identify a friend at 50 yards or more, that runs over an hour at THAT setting, and several more hours at a lower setting. I've yet to actually use up a battery on a Fenix, except an E01 that saw a LOT of use, and of course that is a AAA. The only light I have that I regularly burn through even AAA is my Black Diamond headlamp, and I use that thing so much that I almost have a permanent impression of the strap on my head, like some people have impressions of their glasses on the bridge of their nose. (OK, exaggerating there)

I'm not knocking anyone on their Surefires and/or CR123 lights. But you can pick up usable AA and AAA by the pallet at a mom & pop hardware in the middle of WV or UT. CR123? Not so much. CR123 no longer fits in my usage of lights. Not unless and until I find a weapon light I like that uses them. And even for a weapon light, I'd prefer AA.

I agree! I like streamlight's protac series. I have one of their AA ones and its plenty bright. I also have one of their strion led rechargeables and a strion HIgh output rechargeable. They are great

For those unaware about rechargeable batteries. Here is some additional info you may want to consider.

If you have a Surefire or just about any light that runs on CR123s you can get some Soshine 3.0 Volt RCR123s and they work great. (I get mine from Banggood) This can save you a ton of money. You want to make sure you get 3.0 volt cells. However, some of the single cell LED Surefire lights will actually run a 3.7 volt (16340) cell fine. Also if you have a two cell light, you can try out 17670 EFEST cells. They are 3.7 volts. A lot of the E series LED Surefire lights that run two CR123s will run fine on a single 17670.

If you have a older Surefire Incandescent and want to upgrade the output, check out Lumens Factory. He has some nice Hot Wires. He even has some LED drop ins too that are a good deal for the money.

If I am running 16340s, 17670s, or 18650s my goto cell is the Efest. I get them from Mtn Electronics or RTD Vapor.

Also know the differences between Protected (PCB) and non protected cells. Button top and Flat top too. Know that protected cells are slightly longer and may not fit all lights due to length. I would suggest Button Top Protected cells for most lights.

NEVER EVER EVER buy batteries with FIRE in the name. They are typically Chinese junk. Some look to be filled with drywall. I am not kidding. To be safe, don't buy batteries from either Ebay or Amazon. They are almost always not the mAh they claim and are counterfeit fakes. Once again, Mtn Electronics or RTD Vapor and you are safe. I can't stress the importance of buying quality cells from a reputable dealer. You can also harvest your own Unprotected, flattop 18650s from old laptop battery packs. Google that if you are interested. It is easy.
I run either Nitecore or X-Star chargers.

I probably have close to 75 Surefires and a 100 other lights. I have been collecting for years, and like you guys buy custom knives, I have dozens of custom lights.

Read this:
Some of the best out of the box lights you can get are from Vinhnguyen54 (Vinh) over at Candle Power Forums. Here is his website: SkyLumen.com
I see one of the folks in this thread listed some. His lights will end with a (vn) in the name. So, for example, if it is a Nitecore Headlamp, it will read HC90vn. <---BTW, the best headlight I have ever owned. IF you want a great performance light that will impress you and others, check out Vinhs work.

Hope that helps some of you folks who may be just getting into lights or just curious about them. There of course is a endless amount of info on lights.

Thanks for the information RF :thumbup:

Riz! said:
I also have one of their strion led rechargeables and a strion HIgh output rechargeable. They are great

I have a couple of those streamlight strion rechargeables too. I love those things. I rigged up one in my truck so that the charger is powered any time the vehicle is running, but not when the key is off. I've used it that way for something like ten years now, works like a dream.

Last edited:
Never leave the house without these two. Streamlight Stylus Pro, and a Streamlight Scorpion HL.

Back