What lights do you guys own?

Edc a prometheus alpha, it rocks... Plus a beta for backup. I keep a few surefire and lens lights as well as a haiku around as well, all great. Have had good luck with fenix and 47s as well. It would be hard to get me to give up my prometheus lights for edc though.

Your guys sure got me interested in PD35. I never expect to see so many Fenix fans [emoji4]

Don

My main EDC is a BB Haiku.

Let's see if I can find a pic.

I also have several Prometheus Betas, several SureFure, some Fenix, couple Eagletac and a couple brass and copper to see how I like that. But the Haiku is the one I never want to be without.

EDC.JPG

My main EDC is a BB Haiku.

Let's see if I can find a pic.

I also have several Prometheus Betas, several SureFure, some Fenix, couple Eagletac and a couple brass and copper to see how I like that. But the Haiku is the one I never want to be without.

EDC.JPG

That Haiku cost as much as a Seb! LOL I just cannot get over this [emoji28] Andy and guys tried many times unsuccessfully to talk me into it. I almost pull the trigger once but spent the money on CF Seb21 Insingo in the end

Atta boy Don, you caught me red handed! The Ex took the Christmas lights with her too :p

Buy the haiku. It's worth it. I have had mine for almost a year, the thing is a tank.

I went night hiking once with a group of friends. One of the ladies asked to see my lights and I showed her my HDS. She played with it for a while and asked me what so good about it. I started explaining about the build, beam etc which I think she didn't quite appreciate. Finally, she asked me about the price and I told her. She paused. As she was returning it to me, she said "I hope you don't take it as an offense but it is not very bright". It's my turn to pause [emoji855] after I heard her LOL

I think I will cry [emoji24] if she said that to my Haiku[emoji28]

I went night hiking once with a group of friends. One of the ladies asked to see my lights and I showed her my HDS. She played with it for a while and asked me what so good about it. I started explaining about the build, beam etc which I think she didn't quite appreciate. Finally, she asked me about the price and I told her. She paused. As she was returning it to me, she said "I hope you don't take it as an offense but it is not very bright". It's my turn to pause [emoji855] after I heard her LOL

I think I will cry [emoji24] if she said that to my Haiku[emoji28]

The Haiku is also not very bright. It's not meant to be. And Don charged me an extra $75-$100 to bead blast it lol. I have the high CRI version. I had a HDS but I much prefer the Haiku.

It's about the form, durability, materials, supporting innovation. Not about a crazy high output and overheating with poor battery life.

Look at the machining on the titanium.

The Alpha writes pen is the most expensive piece in the picture haha.

That's for fine. She can have the xmas lights as long as she did not take any of your precious knives [emoji6]

Oh nooooos Sire!

Knives became my new and exclusive mistresses after the Ex(s) and those others in between and afterwards.

The most gratifying thing about being unattached again in your 50's is that you start realizing it is best to start spending your hard earned money on yourself and what your little heart desires.

Off my soapbox now :p

I've got several Surefires, but I don't use them anymore, except a G2 LED. And an old P-60 with LED conversion. Everything else I have or use is Fenix, running either AA or AAA batteries. If it doesn't use one or the other of those sizes, I don't buy it. Life is too short to worry about finding CR123 and paying for them.

That Haiku cost as much as a Seb! LOL I just cannot get over this [emoji28] Andy and guys tried many times unsuccessfully to talk me into it. I almost pull the trigger once but spent the money on CF Seb21 Insingo in the end

When I saw the title of your thread I thought I had entered CPF by mistake. Lol!

I used to talk you into a Haiku alright, but now I no longer bothers to. Haiku has been my favorite EDC light for close to 4 years and I carry it daily without fail. I liked the form factor and the bling during all those times of pocket ownership, but over time I got drawn back to all my HDS which has been one of my favorites for many years. When I go out of house both HDS and Haiku would be on me. Sometimes I will rotate the HDS out for something brighter but it always find its way back into rotation again.

Not sure if you are aware, although I still own plenty of lights, since a year ago for EDC it has been a HDS rotary and an Eagletac DX30LC2 with XP-L HI. Loved this setup. It is also a setup good enough for my occasion impulse hike without having to run home for all the equipment.

I've got several Surefires, but I don't use them anymore, except a G2 LED. And an old P-60 with LED conversion. Everything else I have or use is Fenix, running either AA or AAA batteries. If it doesn't use one or the other of those sizes, I don't buy it. Life is too short to worry about finding CR123 and paying for them.

CR123 is now old school but not going anywhere till the military adopts something else. Might as well consider using it, Surefire brand or Panasonic are great and readily available. I bought 50 Panasonic from BatteryJunction for $1.XX each and every single one tested good.

I use AA as much as I can vs AAA as AAA are too low capacity to be of much practical use, the most I get is about 900 mah out of Eneloop Pro.

I was hesitant to use it as well, but needed to for my Surefire weapon lights. Since I had them anyways I thought I would try a EDC light and once I did I was in love. So for me it's tough to beat it. I'll take an AA and an AAA grudgingly but for durability, storability and size, I mean sure 18650 is awesome but it's like the size of a can of coke compared to a CR123.

I concur with the McGizmo and HDS sentiments. Great lights. I like Titanium.
92674639-DFE0-499D-830A-3E73665754A1_zpsikm1dhtj.jpg

Old School SF
0E9ADD03-9BFE-4DD0-AE51-5FAA1063F31B_zps7eywrl2f.jpg

Edit, I should have added this one. Strider Surefire M2. I forgot I had it. I am looking for the matching Strider Mark 1 Tiger Stripe. I don't care if the serial numbers match (I know that is next to impossible).
7D5F3A7F-512B-4E16-BF54-669B9921B587_zpsnb34onhm.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa! Some of you guys have more in your "flashy" bling-bling than I have in blades! That ain't right (but I'm willing to play catch up) :p

Flashlights and knives are like peanut butter and jelly. Completely different but go together so well!

Olight is my first stop anymore. I use mine all the time and never had a problem.

I concur with the McGizmo and HDS sentiments. Great lights. I like Titanium.
92674639-DFE0-499D-830A-3E73665754A1_zpsikm1dhtj.jpg

Old School SF
0E9ADD03-9BFE-4DD0-AE51-5FAA1063F31B_zps7eywrl2f.jpg

Edit, I should have added this one. Strider Surefire M2. I forgot I had it. I am looking for the matching Strider Mark 1 Tiger Stripe. I don't care if the serial numbers match (I know that is next to impossible).
7D5F3A7F-512B-4E16-BF54-669B9921B587_zpsnb34onhm.jpg

You have one hell of a collection! They look awesome!

Back