Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

Not much that I can say about that one Alan !!! I am just enjoying the show . Yours was worth the price of admission .

Harry

Thanks Harry. I really like this one, possibly even more than the previous Davison. It's unique. I decided to use the Federal Badge shield. Although there are several badge shields, I like the one Todd has. Along with the stripes, it makes the knife look......official? Formal? Not sure I have the right term, but it's a look.

Erik Looks like a choice knife, tip-bolsters need to be revived by GEC soon!

Thanks and let's hope so!
You know, tip bolsters were one of the ways I was filtering through the (what seemed like) thousands of other attractive knives.

Enjoy the Slide down the Rat Hole Erik !!! There are some very nice knives out there that do not cost a lot . Like this very nice old Hammer Brand . Are you going to start a Collection or an Accumulation ?? Which ever way you want to go , I wish you the very best on finding them . I am not sure yet whether I have a Collection or an Accumulation of 120 + .

Harry

Harry

Thanks Harry, and I have no clue! I can tell this is going to be a slippery slope, though. I'm probably drooling over 15 or so other knives, and each one of them I've told myself I just have to have for one reason or another!
At least with current production knives I could tell myself that it's bound to be produced again someday.

I was only going to buy the Office Clerk in the GEC #13 series, but after seeing some of the good photos of the Speaker Jack here on the forum, I ordered one in Red Rust Bone.

On the Early Reserve for a LionSTEEL Roundhead Euro Barlow with cocobolo, and a GEC #48 Tidioute Improved Trapper with bloodwood.

Early reserve = Sure!
48 improved trapper in Rotten Banana Bone
48 single in Amber Bone

Put in an order for a #13 Clerk in Muslin, will try to get one in stag when they become available.

Early Reserve On:

Lionsteel roundhead euro barlow - carbon fiber and cocobolo
GEC #48 single blade in stag
GEC #48 diamond jack SFO Charlie C. in rogers walnut jigged bone

Mike and GEC are thrashing my knife funds...

Also have a #47 Viper in smooth oiled bone on its way from a member here.

I just ordered my first Hess last night, with some birthday money. I've wanted a Hess since they first started up shop, and my beloved Marbles closed down production in Gladstone. But for one reason or another, have never got around to picking one up. I'm a huge fan of convex grinds.

I'd lusted after the Tiburon for years, with that perfect size and blade shape. I was about to pull the trigger at 11:00PM, when reality suddenly entered my mind. I'm just not the survivalist bushcrafter that I was 10 or 15 years ago. All I really need now in a fixed blade, is a knife that will whittle a hiking stick for my daughter, and something to clean up a morning's catch of brook trout. Maybe a basic utility knife for small repairs and projects around camp. So I opted for the smaller Whitetail. The clip point blade just made more sense to me.

The stacked leather handle was a no-brainer. I've been carrying a Marbles Fieldcraft with a wooden handle for years, wishing that I'd bought the stacked leather instead. I didn't make the same mistake again.

MHw7Huch.jpg

Good choice Buzz, besides being a handsome classic in looks, there's very little it won't be able to handle.

On Reserve: The Lionsteel Round Head Euro Barlow
The Charlie.C Dimond Jack in both handles (very excited about this one lol)
and The Northfield #48 Improved Trapper in Jigged bone.It's going to be a costly month or two lol :eek: :D

I just ordered my first Hess last night, with some birthday money. I've wanted a Hess since they first started up shop, and my beloved Marbles closed down production in Gladstone. But for one reason or another, have never got around to picking one up. I'm a huge fan of convex grinds.

I'd lusted after the Tiburon for years, with that perfect size and blade shape. I was about to pull the trigger at 11:00PM, when reality suddenly entered my mind. I'm just not the survivalist bushcrafter that I was 10 or 15 years ago. All I really need now in a fixed blade, is a knife that will whittle a hiking stick for my daughter, and something to clean up a morning's catch of brook trout. Maybe a basic utility knife for small repairs and projects around camp. So I opted for the smaller Whitetail. The clip point blade just made more sense to me.

The stacked leather handle was a no-brainer. I've been carrying a Marbles Fieldcraft with a wooden handle for years, wishing that I'd bought the stacked leather instead. I didn't make the same mistake again.

MHw7Huch.jpg

That looks like a great knife Buzz. Congrats,

A #13 stag Clerk and hopefully an office knife. In the mail a 25 stag clip point from 2008.

Hess makes some fine looking knives, Buzz. I've been tempted by that particular one a time or two myself. The stacked leather is definitely the way to go! :thumbup:

Do you know if Hess knives come with a convex edge or a standard V-bevel? (I've always been hesitant about convex edges, only because I've never sharpened one.)

Back