Whatcha got on order ?

I ordered a Tandy #4 beveler that came in today and realized I lost the cutter for my crappy old stitch groover so I ordered a better Tandy model.
the Tandy brand leather craft tools are inexpensive but still a step above the super cheap no name stuff.

They were having a sale plus a 40% off discount code so I ordered a Maglite ML150LRS, because my curiosity really got the better of me.
ML150LRSX-sys-1-M-L1001557_360x.png
I've been interested in checking out one of their rechargeable flashlights for awhile now but never liked the price, I'm generally happy with their LED lights for the money, but with the reflectors they use I wasn't going to pay over $100.

Last edited:
They were having a sale plus a 40% off discount code so I ordered a Maglite MO150LRS, because my curiosity really got the better of me.
View attachment 2391115
I've been interested in checking out one of their rechargeable flashlights for awhile now but never liked the price, I'm generally happy with their LED lights for the money, but with the reflectors they use I wasn't going to pay over $100.
Where?

Just bought 5 LED minis for stocking stuffers @ $15 each. Thanks for the code!
you're welcome, and that's definitely a great deal.
I have found that like a good Buck knife, the LED maglites are always appreciated as a gift.
They're timeless/ iconic looking, feel solid, are reliable, simple, and definitely bright enough.
Maybe they fall short to the enthusiasts and gear types, but for the average person they'll love it and it's good to know you're gifting a reliable flashlight to somebody who would normally just buy one of those crappy generic Zoom lights.

you're welcome, and that's definitely a great deal.
I have found that like a good Buck knife, the LED maglites are always appreciated as a gift.
They're timeless/ iconic looking, feel solid, are reliable, simple, and definitely bright enough.
Maybe they fall short to the enthusiasts and gear types, but for the average person they'll love it and it's good to know you're gifting a reliable flashlight to somebody who would normally just buy one of those crappy generic Zoom lights.
They work well and the latest version is 372 lumens from 2 AA batteries. Simple yet powerful! And at that price you don’t feel like crap if you damage it or misplace it!

They work well and the latest version is 372 lumens from 2 AA batteries. Simple yet powerful! And at that price you don’t feel like crap if you damage it or misplace it!
I didn't realize they were this bright, I bought my dad an LED minimag last year and it was bright but I never imagined it being that right.

My light came in today and I'm very happy with the light, I'm impressed by the quality of everything including the packaging.
20231117_105852.jpg

After the initial battery charge I tested it and am very happy with the performance, as a Maglite the beam is not 100% perfect and clear but it's bright enough that you don't notice so much.

It's time to start ordering Christmas gifts.
I ordered 4 I3E from Olight for various people.
A blue one for my brother, a fancier looking one for my other brother, one for my aunt in a style I thought she'd like, and a black one for my mom's husband.
I ordered A Dirty Harry movie box set for my dad.
I'm still probably going to order him First blood, I'd look for a Rambo box set but I'm pretty sure he already has a few of the others including the last one.
I also ordered a Heyco reversible screwdriver as part of a gift for somebody, one of them for myself, and the #0 philips driver I needed for my Heyco set from KCTool.
There was some kind of Black Friday discount code, but there was no field to enter a discount code and my order wasn't really expensive anyways.

The Maglite discount code is still going, so I ordered the Magtac rechargeable for my uncle.
I think he'll get a lot of use out if it for many years.

Sunday I ordered a Fenix headlight I needed for work, I don't even remember the model but it was recommended so I ordered it.
Today I bought a very beautiful Sheridan E Series co2 pistol off Ebay, and I restocked my supply of .20 pellets.
My blue streak rifle shoots them, but like all Sheridan airguns ever made the pistol I bought is also .20 caliber.

I also have a couple of heyco reversible screwdrivers, a set of Mayhew picks, and a pair Mayhew mini pry bars on order as gifts.

Posting a little late, since it arrived in today's mail; but I had ordered a Peak Eiger Ultra X. I'm embarrassed to say it's bigger than I expected (I didn't read the specs because I already had one...and I ordered a different end than last time)
New (brass) and Old (copper)
View attachment 2412199

Stoner CNC G10 grips for my recently acquired Ruger MKIV
BE7D6269-3D9E-4BD3-9B4D-A363C1A8463E.jpeg
F6ACD013-E24B-4535-A1F7-109D0F11FC3E.jpeg

If USPS ever gets their $hit together, delivery date has been pushed back 4 days already and by tracking it’s still at least 2-3 days away.

This mornings tracking comes with the last message before they inform you your package in no longer deliverable.
“Thank You for trusting USPS with all your shipping needs.”

BC891741-DA59-45CA-AFA8-AE1E89E49C95.jpeg
Original date was 11/30, then 12/2, 12/4, 12/5 now they are just shrugging their shoulders.

This mornings tracking comes with the last message before they inform you your package in no longer deliverable.
“Thank You for trusting USPS with all your shipping needs.”

View attachment 2412973
Original date was 11/30, then 12/2, 12/4, 12/5 now they are just shrugging their shoulders.

I don't "trust" USPS anymore at all. They have become a complete junkshow and a shining example of government inefficiency.

I don't "trust" USPS anymore at all. They have become a complete junkshow and a shining example of government inefficiency.
I guess it just depends where you live, because I have generally had very good luck.

I will say though that a few years ago I had a package somehow sent to London England the come right back to be delivered to my PO box here in Norcal the same day.
I don't know how they managed that one, but in the end it all worked out.

I guess it just depends where you live, because I have generally had very good luck.

I will say though that a few years ago I had a package somehow sent to London England the come right back to be delivered to my PO box here in Norcal the same day.
I don't know how they managed that one, but in the end it all worked out.

I think that's true. Most of my frustrations with USPS are local/regional. But somehow (at least in my experience), UPS and Fed-Ex outperform USPS consistently. When I see an expected delivery date from those carriers, it's generally spot-on, barring a major weather event. With USPS, the delivery date is frequently just a guess and packages regularly go all over the country before eventually arriving at my local P.O.

I think that's true. Most of my frustrations with USPS are local/regional. But somehow (at least in my experience), UPS and Fed-Ex outperform USPS consistently. When I see an expected delivery date from those carriers, it's generally spot-on, barring a major weather event. With USPS, the delivery date is frequently just a guess and packages regularly go all over the country before eventually arriving at my local P.O.

Opposite for me. USPS is the fastest in my area. UPS the slowest. Fed Ex in between.

Do be aware that UPS hires USPS to make final deliveries on some shipments. I've watched UPS hang up holding a package at one point or another on their tracking system for days, then it gets delivered "late" by USPS. If I hadn't been watching the tracking, I would just have assumed that USPS dropped the ball, but it was UPS that fouled up.

There are also levels of shipping within each system. So if your shipper cheaped out and sent it by ground, it's going to take a while, no matter which service gets it.

Back