What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Lots of deliveries, paint, and assembly in my shop this week.

Getting the vises cleaned up and ready to mount. The smaller is a Parker from the 30s or 40s, the larger one is a Wilton from the 60s. You can also see some smurf blue paint drying in the background.
1_zpsq6pxrnqd.jpg

Quick delivery from Maxim oil. I think this arrived 2 days after speaking to Carla. Great customer service!
4_zpszlsasave.jpg

Swag table assembled and painted DeWalt (ok, banana) yellow.
2_zps8bkgeov8.jpg

Bolts getting organized and waiting for primer/paint to dry.
3_zpsn07wri1a.jpg

Up next - assembly, cleanup, order a heat treat oven, belts, some handle material, and then get to work. Ans maybe build a second workbench.

My 4 year old daughter is always having me make little people out of wood with my band saw. Today after messing around with my forge, she says daddy can you make me a girl with your new machine? So here is my daughters new toy. A little girl that "has fire in her heart because she is made of steel and was made with fire". That's what my little girl said anyways.

be4281e0be1f4525a90ad6d971efa317.jpg

Bill you're in my head. I've got about a dozen very similar blades in the works, with plans to finish one almost exactly like that. Very nice :thumbup:

My 4 year old daughter is always having me make little people out of wood with my band saw. Today after messing around with my forge, she says daddy can you make me a girl with your new machine? So here is my daughters new toy. A little girl that "has fire in her heart because she is made of steel and was made with fire". That's what my little girl said anyways.

be4281e0be1f4525a90ad6d971efa317.jpg
Those are the best projects when you get some shop time with the kids. The other day one of my girls was looking for something and I hear her sister telling her "daddy took it in the shop and make a knife out of it" [emoji12]

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

Bill you're in my head. I've got about a dozen very similar blades in the works, with plans to finish one almost exactly like that. Very nice :thumbup:

Thanks! Great minds think alike. Really like this style kwaiken. Going to do a few more like this one for sure.

Lots of deliveries, paint, and assembly in my shop this week.

Getting the vises cleaned up and ready to mount. The smaller is a Parker from the 30s or 40s, the larger one is a Wilton from the 60s. You can also see some smurf blue paint drying in the background.
1_zpsq6pxrnqd.jpg

Quick delivery from Maxim oil. I think this arrived 2 days after speaking to Carla. Great customer service!
4_zpszlsasave.jpg

Swag table assembled and painted DeWalt (ok, banana) yellow.
2_zps8bkgeov8.jpg

Bolts getting organized and waiting for primer/paint to dry.
3_zpsn07wri1a.jpg

Up next - assembly, cleanup, order a heat treat oven, belts, some handle material, and then get to work. Ans maybe build a second workbench.
Did you know the rear jaw on the Wilton pivots when you pull the pin out so you can grip tapered work?

Aw man. That isn't going to be as exciting as using a standing A frame, some frayed rope and a bunch of pipe to move it :D

Aw man. That isn't going to be as exciting as using a standing A frame, some frayed rope and a bunch of pipe to move it :D

haha, is that how they do it in Wisco? :)
i didnt want to mess up the linear scales on it... now I need to get some DB9 connected DRO

This is a recently completed 245mm gyuto made of 52100 and treated to 62HRC. The handle is double brass bolster with snakewood scales and brass pins and mosaic. The blade is 48mm at the heel and has a distal taper beginning about 2/3's up the spine and the tip is quite thin. The choil area and spine are rounded and polished.

_MH15219_zpswtkpnqyg.jpg

_MH15220_zpsojz4ih57.jpg

_MH15218_zps78jgmi8g.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Carter
C II Bladeworks
https://www.facebook.com/CIIBladeworks/

[video=youtube;eYP-XNE2MIM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYP-XNE2MIM[/video]

onmBqqB.jpg

This is a recently completed 245mm gyuto made of 52100 and treated to 62HRC. The handle is double brass bolster with snakewood scales and brass pins and mosaic. The blade is 48mm at the heel and has a distal taper beginning about 2/3's up the spine and the tip is quite thin. The choil area and spine are rounded and polished.

_MH15219_zpswtkpnqyg.jpg

_MH15220_zpsojz4ih57.jpg

_MH15218_zps78jgmi8g.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Carter
C II Bladeworks
https://www.facebook.com/CIIBladeworks/

That's a very striking knife![emoji1303]

Daniel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing around with this style of knife. 1095, koa, g10 and carbon pins. Wish I'd made the handle sit just a bit closer to the plunge but hindsight is 20/20.

pb3zkzz.jpg

Back