What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Somebody have a idea what to do from this FILE?

OcgD4x.jpg

haha that is awesome!

I hate hearing stuff like this. We're going through something similar with the local municipality. Trying to upgrade to a new shop but they say we don't fit into the zoning :/ I hope you are able to continue making knives!

The sculptures are really neat though! It takes skill to be able to just switch gears and start creating another quality product so quickly!

Good luck with the insurance company.

Cheers,
mike

Thanks Mike, municipalities are usually a pain to deal with I hope you get the situation resolved.

Bartlett, good one about the butterfly. lol

Thanks to all, I really appreciate the good words and as much as I miss making knives, I am really enjoying these sculptures.

I got it forged in 3 hours with just a hammer. It would have been faster with a hotter forge even. The only downtime I had was waiting for it to heat up.

Man this ironwood is addicting stuff! AEB-L with ironwood, white liners & hollow pins. Slowly getting better on grinding & finishing, but having fun with it now (not as much an exercise in masochism as before)! This one is very thin, so it's not really a robust knife, better as a fine slicer, cuts really well at 19 DPS. FFG is done with a 600 grit finish on the blade this time.

AEB-L-IW_zpsibulrhmm.jpg

Ben that's awesome looking burl! I might have to go shopping again. You have any matched scales for that one?

Here is some of your manzanita burl again. Just finished this prototype western Gyuto.

WesternGyuto-1.jpg

WesternGyuto-2.jpg

Ben that's awesome looking burl! I might have to go shopping again. You have any matched scales for that one?

Here is some of your manzanita burl again. Just finished this prototype western Gyuto.

WesternGyuto-1.jpg

WesternGyuto-2.jpg

I love how smooth manzanita polishes up.

And im sure you would like the leopardwood! You like the ray figure oak, and this is the king or ray figure!

Finally got around to finishing this 3 finger necker.

Had the garage/shop rewired, and my breaker box upgraded to 200 amps. No more tripping switches. Also getting my motorcycle ready to sell so I can use the money to buy a real grinder.

Working on my first kydex sheath for it atm. Just waiting for the die set from knifekits for my new arbor. Also built a kydex press.:thumbup:

Finally got around to finishing this 3 finger necker.

Had the garage/shop rewired, and my breaker box upgraded to 200 amps. No more tripping switches. Also getting my motorcycle ready to sell so I can use the money to buy a real grinder.

Working on my first kydex sheath for it atm. Just waiting for the die set from knifekits for my new arbor. Also built a kydex press.:thumbup:

That looks classy![emoji1303]

Two questions that you don't have to answer if you don't want to. What grinder are you planning on getting and what arbor press did you get?

Daniel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, thanks!

I narrowed my choice down to a Pheer grinder. And went with a Palmgren 1/2 ton arbor press.

Hey, thanks!

I narrowed my choice down to a Pheer grinder. And went with a Palmgren 1/2 ton arbor press.

Wow! Must be exited to get a Pheer grinder! Been looking at those. Seem to be great grinders![emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Daniel.

Wow! Must be exited to get a Pheer grinder! Been looking at those. Seem to be great grinders![emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Daniel.

Very exited! Just sold the bike! Will be placing an order for one very soon.

[video=youtube;j2UnIbIzx80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2UnIbIzx80[/video]

knocked the high spots off this mornin..stag and stab.buckeye 52100
413242710.jpg

413242707.jpg

distal and taper with miter 3 1/8 cuttin edge and 7 1/2 oal
413242725.jpg

Back