What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Another gyuto in the works. It's O1, 2 mm finished to 2500 grit and polished.

It's not dirty, it's the treetops. [emoji12]

f308c147307c51fb3c4a449ec5725026.jpg

I just wanted to share a few of my last two neckers for a while I feel like I have been making way to many of these in the last six months but I should be moving onto some new things. I got a bunch of new steels and new designs to get working on when I get the time. All the same, here they are, classic Carter Neckers:

I would love to know which one you guys like better?
33523523991_c665c5b5b4_c.jpg

33486415222_6b3c04d02f_c.jpg

All the best guys!

I just wanted to share a few of my last two neckers for a while I feel like I have been making way to many of these in the last six months but I should be moving onto some new things. I got a bunch of new steels and new designs to get working on when I get the time. All the same, here they are, classic Carter Neckers:

I would love to know which one you guys like better?

All the best guys!

It is impossible to choose Daniel. Both beauties!

Been a busy weekend for me. This is the most knives I've handled and finished at one time.
6dadfe3e21464410f2b55eaa0df532ec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Kiritsuke in 1095 and Curly Black Mesquite - Still have to glue it up and put the edge on. Blade was etched in hot vinegar.

^^^
The hardening lines remind me of Tai Goo's "rainbow" quenched pieces. Well done.

I love mine Brock.

I've been grinding like a fool. Want to send a batch out to heat treat to save myself some time so trying to get enough blades ready to make it worth the cost.

AWVDgPU.jpg

^^^
The hardening lines remind me of Tai Goo's "rainbow" quenched pieces. Well done.

Thanks Rick!

I forged and HT'd the blade in Don Carlos Andrade's shop - Don studied under Tai and the rainbow quench was a direct nod to his teachings.

Thanks Rick!

I forged and HT'd the blade in Don Carlos Andrade's shop - Don studied under Tai and the rainbow quench was a direct nod to his teachings.

Ah... makes sense... Don is a good guy. Tai and I used to talk a lot before he left BF. Maybe I'll shoot him an email to see what he's been up to.

Still in the learning stage, but busy week on craiglist/letgo etc. The new additions to my "shop", $170 for a Paragon digital kiln, new controller, 22x22x14 chamber, 1900°. 90lbs vulcan anvil with tongs $30 Two 3phase 1hp baldor motors for $20, along with hf 3.5" vice, 1950s bench top craftsman drill press, and heat gun all for $50. Still have alot to learn but enjoying the hunt for tools.

zLCnLAA.jpg
7n9r5GG.jpg

Last edited:
Back