What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

HH9ydTP.jpg

p9GmMYd.jpg

They're not as nice as I'd like, but they're the first three I have finished. 1095 cut from bar stock, heat treated, tempered and sharpened in shop by me. I've learned alot and really enjoyed it, I'm looking forward to learning and moving forward with this. Ferric Chloride and Vinegar etched, sanded down for a psuedo-apocalyptic look that my friend wanted on his tanto, I liked the way it looked so I did it to my sheath knife and my other friends new duty knife as well. Very happy with the results for a first try. Blue/Black G10 and Green/Yellow Micarta handles. Knife.jpg

Edit: I know my lines aren't perfect, my bevels aren't dead nuts on, and I have some issues I really need to fix, but as I said, for a first try it could have gone much worse.

A coworker raises elk. Apparently sheds are worth more than cutoffs and the price of cutoffs hasn't been enough for him to mess with so he's just been piling them outside the last couple years. He let me pick through and take a bunch. Here's my first from that:

80CRV2, stone wash etch, Ti guard and moldy antler. I couldn't find a way to get the green color out of the antler but I did find you could dye it :) This is going to be raffled off at my gun club's annual steak feed.

g2tqR3K.jpg

Who do I have to talk to about rigging the next KITH?
Haha! You're too kind Kevin! :D

A coworker raises elk. Apparently sheds are worth more than cutoffs and the price of cutoffs hasn't been enough for him to mess with so he's just been piling them outside the last couple years. He let me pick through and take a bunch. Here's my first from that:

80CRV2, stone wash etch, Ti guard and moldy antler. I couldn't find a way to get the green color out of the antler but I did find you could dye it :) This is going to be raffled off at my gun club's annual steak feed.

g2tqR3K.jpg

That's a good looking knife! Love the lines on this one John. Great work.

I have been thinking about it, and I am going to change the direction I am taking in knife making. Rather than making simple knives, I am going to start focusing on the more artistic side of the craft. I've found that the more I challenge myself, the more I enjoy this.

Here's the very first mokume piece I made. I turned it into a guard on a little collaboration knife I am making with Darcy Ellis. The pic is fresh off the grinder, without any hand finishing.

The knife that goes with the guard is below.

Attachments

• 20170502_162601.jpg
    20170502_162601.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20170425_211722_953.jpg
    IMG_20170425_211722_953.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 38
Some Birdseye Maple I dyed and stabilized.
blue birdseye.jpg
The kwaiken I finished up and shipped yesterday. I'm not thrilled with the hamon, but this was a special project where the customer helped me on some things, including the actual quench, so I didn't feel I should redo it.
(I fixed the eyelet, I'v had issues of the coating rubbing off sometimes. I'm pretty careful at this stage of the build, so I'm thinking it's the eyelets)
kw web1.jpg
kw web2.jpg
P_20170502_130417_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20170502_130439_vHDR_Auto.jpg

My first international order, to Canada. Customer wanted a filet knife to match his son's boat. Answering the question, "what do you get the man who has everything"
P_20170502_130506_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20170502_130530_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20170502_130553_vHDR_Auto.jpg

This is the first time that I use Koa wood.....really beautiful (the picture is really bad!)

Riccardo, these are amazing. I would use the heck out of that top one. Great job!

Blessings,
Joshua

Here is an 8" chef's knife and a small paring knife I just finished up
IMG_0712.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0715.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0710.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0709.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0708.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0711.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I guess the procedure for posting pics has changed!

I don't have an upload button. I copied the img link from photobucket and pasted it in the image box.

You just copied the wrong links. There's one labeled "BBC" and that's the one you want. It should look like this:

Code:
[IMG]www.photobucketimageurl.stuff[/IMG]

Any links with the following will not work:
Code:
[URL] <html>

Bit the bullet and ordered a 3hp 3ph motor from automation direct. Tired of the current treadmill motor with it's lack of power and over heating the controls constantly. Hopefully order the kbac VFD next week.

Polished my big butt!
Boxwood @ 2500, ready for epoxy and a scandi-sheeth
(the blade with spacers and the drawing are in the back ground)

IMG_20170506_124855_zpskghinwk2.jpg

IMG_20170506_124900_zpsnsr6mukv.jpg

IMG_20170506_124908_zpsfx5tzgle.jpg

IMG_20170506_124846_zpsb6tnnwkt.jpg

Back